GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Happy 5th of July. I worked a 4th 12 hour shift in a row yesterday so I’ll be celebrating today. Grilled burgers and hot dogs and ice cream for dessert. LOL.

I’m so glad the Excessive Heat warnings have dissipated from the time being but I know the monsters will return soon. Ugh. I can’t deal with the heat anymore.

• Like 1

I love the hat idea len! And I know part of the joke is to make it look like a MAGA hat. But this "to the left of Trotsky" liberal might have a difficult time wearing a red hat. Besides, the red will definitely clash with my bottled red hair. ;)

But otherwise, I love the idea.

My suggestion for custom t-shirts will probably be unpopular, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway...

Good things come to those that wait. Have us do the contest through to the end, and order the t-shirts with the 2019 orders. Brad will know exactly how many shirts to order, and we will have something to look forward to throughout the year.

(not to mention that hopefully my reconstructive surgery will be done by then, and I'll know what size shirt to order) ;)

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1

I love the hat idea len! And I know part of the joke is to make it look like a MAGA hat. But this "to the left of Trotsky" liberal might have a difficult time wearing a red hat. Besides, the red will definitely clash with my bottled red hair. ;)

But otherwise, I love the idea.

My suggestion for custom t-shirts will probably be unpopular, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway...

Good things come to those that wait. Have us do the contest through to the end, and order the t-shirts with the 2019 orders. Brad will know exactly how many shirts to order, and we will have something to look forward to throughout the year.

(not to mention that hopefully my reconstructive surgery will be done by then, and I'll know what size shirt to order) ;)

No joke.  I just found a site that created the image.  Later I found other vendors which 1) were less expensive, and 2) had more options, so I added a link.  I believe I have a knit cap somewhere, but a baseball cap can be worn year round.

I get a lot of comments on my red cap ;-)

It's July I'm going to London and Paris in 7 days I haven't packed and I'm beginning to panic I'm also very worried about scammers anybody ever dealt with these people a broad??

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

It's not scammers you have to worry about - it's pickpockets. They will come up to you, distract you, and then someone else will try to lift right out of your bag.

My examples:

- My friend and I were in Paris, at the Eiffel Tower in the gift shop. We know better than to leave valuables in the actual back of our backpacks. Someone was rifling in the back of her backpack as she was leaned over looking at something on a shelf.

- Walking along the Seine, there's a family in front of us. The mom is wearing a backpack that doesn't zip - it just has an awful clasp that kind of closes the bag, but not really - you can just put a hand in there and grab ANYTHING you'd like - all of a sudden I hear "I think my wallet has been nicked." yuuuuup.

Other example I've heard:

- Riding the subway, and as the train is about to stop, a group rushes my friend's friend who is standing near the door, snatch his wallet and disappear through the closing doors.

SO basically, just be careful. Be aware of your surroundings. Do not give money to anyone asking for it. Don't put your wallet in areas that are easily accessible (for example I had mine in a zippered compartment hidden inside my bag.)

As for the 'Something Special' discussion, I would prefer something wearable (in New Hampshire, a fanny pack is not wearable for most guys).  While a t-shirt or sweatshirt would be great, I suggest a hat.  Maybe 'Make Black Friday Great Again' with a GottaDeal logo or 'if you can read this...'.  In cooler climates, a hat would be better advertising than a coat covered shirt...

https://makehatsgreatagain.us/

We want 48+ hats with our company name on the back/front!

Email us, and we can make this happen! It'll be a bit more expensive, but we can do it. (We're unable to do logos.)

mbfgahat.jpg

edit: Lots of Custom Hats on the cheap here: https://www.google.com/search?q=custom+baseball+caps&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS767US767&oq=custom+baseball+caps

I LOVE THIS!!!

• Like 1

Will b e nice when it's here so the weather is cooler. I am already over 97 degrees and 100000000% humidity lol.

Bah ha ha!!!!   Sweat running down my face, down my neck all the way to my back and further down ...… yeah, Over it too.  ;) 

I'm sure we are due another round of Excessive Heat Warnings in the next few weeks here in AR.  

The older I get the crankier and more uptight I get during the high heat of summer here.  I cannot deal with it anymore.  :(

• Like 1

Bah ha ha!!!!   Sweat running down my face, down my neck all the way to my back and further down ...… yeah, Over it too.  ;)

I'm sure we are due another round of Excessive Heat Warnings in the next few weeks here in AR.  

The older I get the crankier and more uptight I get during the high heat of summer here.  I cannot deal with it anymore.  :(

Same here, I think one day soon I may be telling those darn kids to get off my lawn. :sidesplit

• Like 1

I'm crazy. Build a Bear is doing a pay your age thing, kiddo will get a Bear for $1. It's going to be crazy but I'm needing a BF type crowd. Ready for Christmas time!!!!

It was nuts! But fun. We got there at 7:15, 15 minutes after the mall doors opened. We were 30th or so in line. Store didn't open til 9. Kiddo loves his new friend. He was cuddling with it and eating lunch at the same time. It's almost as big as he is!

The line was WORSE then Black Friday times two!!!!! It wrapped around the mall and ended up outside! So glad we got there early or I wouldn't have even tried to get the deal. $1 for a $35 animal!

Edited by MariahA
  • Like 4

@Brad: I am declaring me a winner of this contest as I generally start following the BF discussion in August.  Thanks for running this contest.  I am really glad I spent a few minutes here over the winter, spring, and summer.  I really appreciate your efforts to create a 'community' and look forward to Making Black Friday Great Again with the wonderful people who have posted to this thread.

• Like 1

It was nuts! But fun. We got there at 7:15, 15 minutes after the mall doors opened. We were 30th or so in line. Store didn't open til 9. Kiddo loves his new friend. He was cuddling with it and eating lunch at the same time. It's almost as big as he is!

The line was WORSE then Black Friday times two!!!!! It wrapped around the mall and ended up outside! So glad we got there early or I wouldn't have even tried to get the deal. $1 for a $35 animal!

Glad you got there in time!  DW wanted to go, but decided around 11 when they shut everything down.  She doesn't like to wake up early lol.

• Like 1

So I totally missed June and I know I'm out of the cool kids' club. So mad at myself! Gah! June was just nuts, though, (nothing bad, just super busy!) and was gone before I realized I hadn't been around here. 

Anyway, had to check back in and let everybody know I'm still alive over here. I'm now down over 75 pounds and still going strong. My 5k time is consistently staying under 45 minutes (big achievement for me) and I'm feeling so much better these days. Still have a ways to go but the progress is showing. :) 

Hope all my fellow GD'ers are doing well and gearing up for Prime Day today. I'm catching up on the latest on this quickly so I can add some wishlist things in case they end up being part of the sale.  :trampolin

• Like 3

so Kanyon where did you move to?

Citrus County. I lived in Lutz/Land O Lakes for almost 18 years until the move back to MI 4 years ago.

So I totally missed June and I know I'm out of the cool kids' club. So mad at myself! Gah! June was just nuts, though, (nothing bad, just super busy!) and was gone before I realized I hadn't been around here. 

Anyway, had to check back in and let everybody know I'm still alive over here. I'm now down over 75 pounds and still going strong. My 5k time is consistently staying under 45 minutes (big achievement for me) and I'm feeling so much better these days. Still have a ways to go but the progress is showing. :)

Hope all my fellow GD'ers are doing well and gearing up for Prime Day today. I'm catching up on the latest on this quickly so I can add some wishlist things in case they end up being part of the sale.  :trampolin

Congrats on the loss, I am starting back into it in hopes of dropping about 60 or so. :)

• Like 1

I'm now down over 75 pounds and still going strong. My 5k time is consistently staying under 45 minutes (big achievement for me) and I'm feeling so much better these days. Still have a ways to go but the progress is showing. :)

Great job!  Sign me up for the swimsuit calendar!

Edited by len_mullen