Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

YVW

Please keep in mind that the 90% off may be over by tomorrow already, and will definitely be over by Wednesday. Good luck!

What happens to holiday stuff like Halloween stuff if there is any left after the 90% off period is over?

Don't they keep it at 90% until it is all gone?

Oh i was able to get a pair of halloween leggings that will fit my daughter next year for $.59 and one of those smaller twig lighted pumpkins for $1.29. It was a good day!

What happens to holiday stuff like Halloween stuff if there is any left after the 90% off period is over?

Don't they keep it at 90% until it is all gone?

No, they mark it to what they call 'salvage.'

In the past, they would return the price back to the full original selling price so that, as others said, when they donate it to places like Goodwill, they can get the full retail value as a tax write-off. Occasionally pallets of stuff wind up at merchants like Big Lots, but usually it's donated.

After the merchandise has been collected, the item numbers are then entered into the computer system as NOF (Not on File) or Item not found.

I have seen clearanced Target items at my Goodwill, being sold there for more than the 90% off price that Target sold.

Sometimes you will find a salvaged item on the sales floor that may have been mis-shelved, or returned by a customer within the 90 days on their receipt but after the items were donated. These will usually scan item not found. You can try to bring them to Guest Services and tell them it had gone 90% off before being salvaged, but different stores treat found salvage items according to their store manager's policy.

Some will refuse to sell it, some will sell it at the last price they can find. If the computer still has a record of a price, most likely it will be the full retail price it was marked back up to before being donated.

Ocassionally, if you find a cashier you become friendly with and who may remember the item being part of a seasonal clearance, that cashier will ring it up at the 90% off price for you. I had one such cashier at my Target for several years. It's too bad for me that he retired right before Chr-stmas last year. I haven't found a new cashier at my local Target that's as friendly as Gary was.

I got the Norelco men's shave (6863 XL) for $34.98 today--that's only 50% off, but I was afraid they would sell out before it was marked down more :-)

I also had a really nice cashier who marked my messenger bag that scanned at $0.00 on the scanners let me have it for $3. It was the Trans messenger bag.

Target donates to my local GoodWill. Every Tuesday the Target truck comes and its unload with new goods. Tons of diapers and wipes all the time. When I needed them, the wipes were only .99

My Goodwill says that Target used to donate to them, now they SELL it to them. Becuase of this they have to charge more for them. This usually means it was cheaper at Target on clearance.:(

I think that it is pretty disgusting that Goodwill has to buy "donated " Items. I don't like Goodwill for the simple fact that their prices are sometimes outrageous. Now I know why! Anyways, Ladies I have good news....... After a long wait and numerours phonecalls and emails, WE are getting a TARGET in Dothan AL!!!!!! That is 20 miles from my house........Not only am I excited because I have become addicted to this whole Perimeter Perusing and can't wait to try it out, but also our local WM and PX have to pricematch Target now.....I hope our store will be open by Christmas so I can get in on the 90% clearance after Christmas again. Love it, love it, love it...........

With Thanksgiving almost upon us I thought I would share the Christmas markdown schedule so folks could prepare. This is the schedule that has been used in past years . . .

Target Christmas Clearence Dates

Dec 26- Jan1 50%

Jan 2- Jan 6 75%

Jan 7 90%

Okay tell me "How bad is Target" for christmas clearance??

Is anything left at 75% off??

Thanks

Simonalex

There is some usually, but nothing great, no. Usually by the time 75 and 90 percent off rolls around, it's just odds and ends (like misc dinnerware, etc).

Okay tell me "How bad is Target" for christmas clearance??

Is anything left at 75% off??

It really depends on the individual store, and how many Targets are in the area.

The actual Chr-stmas merchandise may sell out, although I have seen full pallets of Chr-stmas items being brought out a week after Chr-stmas, but the 'hidden' items that follow the markdown even though they don't necessarily have an apparent Chr-stmas connection may still be in plentiful supply.

Guest Deals4Me

I know certain regular items go on sale/clearance to bring in next years models. Does anyone know when infant/toddler car seats are clearanced out? I am thinking either spring or fall, but is there a specific month?

Mid september has been the best time for us around here... seems like thats whenthe new models come in.

Guest Deals4Me

Oh, I had what I hope is good news on another forum today.

The Target team member who said seasonal clearance was not going to follow the holiday/seasonal clearance schedule posted in the Newibe Guide above qualified his statement today. He said about 30% of teh Targets will be testing the new method of clearancing the merchandise based on sales, but that the other stores should stick to the schedule posted above. So...

translate to:

:::sincerely hoping my Target is not one of the test Targets:::

Unfortunetly...mine is. UGH.

I was lucky enough to hit the 90% off Halloween stuff right when Target opened.:D I bought way too much candy corn! Someone had 3 shopping carts full of costumes. I guess they'll be listing them on ebay next year.

I just discovered this thread and will definitely be referring to it in the future. I love Target. I just wish that they would pricematch. I even get a lot of my grocery items and snacks at Target!:)