Letter received from Walmart's legal reps (again)

Brad

I forgot when does the walmart ad come out this Monday or next Monday?:cheesy:

Thanks,:)

Next Monday.

Although last year they let us post it the Friday before because it had leaked everywhere, so we could still possibly post it sometime this week.

I have found alot of the needed items at great bargins and without being able to see all the prices walmart will have, I have purchased alot my items from other retailers offering great discounts. I have knocked 4 big ticket items off my list. If walmarts ad was posted maybe I would have waited if the prices where way better than what I found. So, I think there maybe others out there besides my family and friends that have done similar and I feel Walmart not releasing their ad makes them lose sales. With the economy I also feel supply and demand will be even a bigger problem and I don't want to risk not getting my deals.

I have found alot of the needed items at great bargins and without being able to see all the prices walmart will have, I have purchased alot my items from other retailers offering great discounts. I have knocked 4 big ticket items off my list. If walmarts ad was posted maybe I would have waited if the prices where way better than what I found. So, I think there maybe others out there besides my family and friends that have done similar and I feel Walmart not releasing their ad makes them lose sales. With the economy I also feel supply and demand will be even a bigger problem and I don't want to risk not getting my deals.

Same here, I already bought my laptop last week on sale at Best Buy! ;)

I agree.....We are almost done shopping for the kids. We may have paid a little more in the long run (if Walmart BF prices are less then what we paid) but at least we did get a good deal on them and now we do not have to worry about not being able to get them. We will still shop on BF but our shopping list is now a lot smaller.

I have to but I doubt I would have waited, I just like getting done and not having to fight someone for it. Know I can wait on the ad and get things I probably don't need lol!

I understand Walmarts game plan. If they let it leak out to early people will not shop or buy those items until the sale also not give people enough time to really price check. They have a lot of toy items evey year that are made just for this sale so I'm not sure how great of of a deal it is but I am guilty of getting into the rush and dropping a couple thousand in that store every year on things I normally wouldnt get. I agree that this year not letting it leak out early may have hurt them. Everyone really is penny pinching this year grabbing sales where you can not taking a chance on what Walmart may bring to the table. This is the first year I didnt wait for walmart I have all my shopping done grabbing sale where I can get them and alot of online shopping. Unless walmart has some good deals on a nice Transformer or cupcake maker the two small things on my list I still have to get then I wont even be going in to that store that day no reason. Save me hundreds of dollars on things I dont need that I would have bought anyways in the race to shop.

I agree. I have major issues with planning. I have a need to plan for things in advance. Usually by the time October hits I only need or want a few things because I tend to look for deals all year, thanks to Gottadeal.

The remaining items on my list can be found at Target, Khols, and Best Buy and thanks to those ads dropping I fulfilled my horrible need to plan. Any lower prices offered from wal-mart I will simply mark as sweat equity savings on my part by not adding another store (wal-mart) to my plans.

While wal-mart has a right to do what is thought to be best for wal-mart business, I as a consumer have the right to do what I think is best for my time and money.

:D

Guest smikmaisey

I agree. I have major issues with planning. I have a need to plan for things in advance. Usually by the time October hits I only need or want a few things because I tend to look for deals all year, thanks to Gottadeal.

The remaining items on my list can be found at Target, Khols, and Best Buy and thanks to those ads dropping I fulfilled my horrible need to plan. Any lower prices offered from wal-mart I will simply mark as sweat equity savings on my part by not adding another store (wal-mart) to my plans.

While wal-mart has a right to do what is thought to be best for wal-mart business, I as a consumer have the right to do what I think is best for my time and money.

:D

:gdclap: WELL PUT!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

does walmart have lawyers searching the web for anyone with details of it?

I wouldn't doubt it. Probably law school interns, actually.

A company the size of Walmart has "in-house council" (lawyers who only work for Walmart as a full-time job) and just look for things to do.

I wouldn't doubt it. Probably law school interns, actually.

A company the size of Walmart has "in-house council" (lawyers who only work for Walmart as a full-time job) and just look for things to do.

or uninsured minimum wage employees... Did you know that around here (WM capitol) that 74% of employees are on medicaid and food stamps? They just released some study last week. I'm guessing the other 24% are managers or big-wigs at corporate.

or uninsured minimum wage employees... Did you know that around here (WM capitol) that 74% of employees are on medicaid and food stamps? They just released some study last week. I'm guessing the other 24% are managers or big-wigs at corporate.

Well, law school interns would be donating their time to pad their resumes, so free workers is even better than minimum wage employees from corporate's POV.

Just a reminder:

While the ad (or parts of it at least) is starting to leak out in various places, we still cannot post it until next Sunday night.

As with what happened last year, if it's leaked enough places before then, Walmart may reconsider and let us post it earlier, but that is not the case right now.

Therefore here are the rules until next Sunday or whenver Walmart gives us the OK to post the ad:

> DO NOT POST THE AD SCANS

> DO NOT POST THE AD ITEM LISTS

> DO NOT POST THAT YOU HAVE THE AD

> DO NOT POST "LETTERS TO SANTA" OR ANY OTHER ATTEMPT TO DISGUISE THE AD INFO

> DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER SITES THAT MIGHT HAVE THE AD

> DO NOT GIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO FIND THE AD ON TORRENTS, ETC...

> DO NOT PM OTHERS WITH LINKS TO THE AD OR THE AD ITSELF

> DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO PM OR E-MAIL YOU ABOUT THE AD

ANYONE WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY BE BANNED

I apologize that we have to go to these extremes, but should this info be posted on here, it would have severe consequences for the site.

Everyone knows how to search Google and if the ad starts getting spread around, it won't be hard to find in many different places.

All the mods will actively be moderating this forum during the week to enforce these rules, so make it easy for us and play by the rules.

Thank you

I like how we are not supposed to email or even talk about the ad, etcetera, according to Wal-mart legal reps. Um, does that mean I cant talk to my hubby about it when he gets home or they are going to sick their lawyers on me? I see their point, and they probably think they are starting some hype by being pretty much the only ones without their ad leaked/posted on main sites, but I really think it is hurting them more than helping. I already have planned where I am going at this point, and it is totally not WM.

I like how we are not supposed to email or even talk about the ad, etcetera, according to Wal-mart legal reps. Um, does that mean I cant talk to my hubby about it when he gets home or they are going to sick their lawyers on me? I see their point, and they probably think they are starting some hype by being pretty much the only ones without their ad leaked/posted on main sites, but I really think it is hurting them more than helping. I already have planned where I am going at this point, and it is totally not WM.

We can't talk about it on this site because other people (and WM) can read it and BRAD would get in trouble. WM doesn't have your living room bugged so they don't know what you talking about with Hubby. ;)

I received an e-mail from gottadeal.com stating that "they" have the ad, cannot post it yet but the deals are some of the best "they" have seen.

EDIT: Sorry people, but it wasn't gottadeal.comthat sent that e-mail but another site I troll at. Sorry, Brad.

Edited by civiclover88
I made a mistake

From what I saw, I dont think that ad isn't all it's cracked up to be. Not worth getting up at 2 am for.

Maybe I'm just getting to the point where I just dont want any more 'stuff'. I don't borrow money or use credit cards, so if I don't have the extra cash to spend, I don't buy anything.

I'm downsizing so I can move. Maybe I'll have my own 'Black Friday yard sale' lol