Big Toy Book - Link @ Post #135

sacoop

So if these prices are valid starting on the 1st what is the incentive to show up on Black friday? This is my first year doing TRU so excuse me if this is a silly question.

Not a silly question :) The big toy book is not the BF ad. The majority of the items on sale on black friday will be different than what's in the big toy book. It's hard to say since the BF ad hasn't been posted yet, but I suspect the prices in the BTB are the lowest we will see them. I doubt they would run a month long sale, and then have the same things cheaper on BF. People would be throwing a fit, and they would be doing price adjustments out the wazoo. HTH.

Not a silly question :) The big toy book is not the BF ad. The majority of the items on sale on black friday will be different than what's in the big toy book. It's hard to say since the BF ad hasn't been posted yet, but I suspect the prices in the BTB are the lowest we will see them. I doubt they would run a month long sale, and then have the same things cheaper on BF. People would be throwing a fit, and they would be doing price adjustments out the wazoo. HTH.

According to an email I received from guest services Toys R Us does NOT offer price adjustments for items that go on sale.

Dear Ms. Luginbill,

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us. In regards to your inquiry, we do not currently offer any price adjustment for a item that goes on sale after you make your purchase. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for contacting Toys R Us.

Sincerely,

Brenna Bowman

Guest Services Team

So it is feasible that items in the Big Toy Book might be on sale later in the Holiday Season. I know TRU has run special sales and coupon events after Black Friday as well.

According to an email I received from guest services Toys R Us does NOT offer price adjustments for items that go on sale.

Dear Ms. Luginbill,

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us. In regards to your inquiry, we do not currently offer any price adjustment for a item that goes on sale after you make your purchase. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for contacting Toys R Us.

Sincerely,

Brenna Bowman

Guest Services Team

So it is feasible that items in the Big Toy Book might be on sale later in the Holiday Season. I know TRU has run special sales and coupon events after Black Friday as well.

Just wanted to say this is NOT what my tru does and not what they told me. They do offer price adjustments for up to 14 days. I plan on returning and rebuying at sale price. They said that was perfectly fine.

Just to let everyone know from my experiences I have purchased toys from sales in the BTB in previous years and later on in December I have had to repurchase because the prices were lower. Not necessarily only on BF. TRU runs sales in the weeks right before Xmas and they sometimes have lower prices on things. Edited by racerfan

yes most of whats in the btb is on sale on bf from my expierince;)

Really? I appologize for adding to the confusion. It really stinks that they can't find new stuff to put on sale for BF. There will be other things not in the BTB that will be sale on BF though right? I thought the BTB and BF ad were totally different. :(

Looks like lots of other Floridians got theirs already... nothing for me yet.

Just wanted to say this is NOT what my tru does and not what they told me. They do offer price adjustments for up to 14 days. I plan on returning and rebuying at sale price. They said that was perfectly fine.

Returning and rebuying is different than "price adjusting". A price adjustment would just require you to bring in your receipt and they adjust the price and give you the difference. If you are returning an item and then purchasing the same item at the discounted rate that is a totally different thing.

This was an email directly from corporate - and many of us have been told one thing by someone at the store and then told something completely different later when the time comes to do your transaction. Not to be negative but TRU is a classic example of double speak in retail in my experience.

Really? I appologize for adding to the confusion. It really stinks that they can't find new stuff to put on sale for BF. There will be other things not in the BTB that will be sale on BF though right? I thought the BTB and BF ad were totally different. :(

Looks like lots of other Floridians got theirs already... nothing for me yet.

The ads are diffrent and yes there will be lots more on sale on bf for ALOT cheaper lol what i was saying is that alot of the items that are in the btb are usally on sale on bf not all but some!

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Had 2 cards for $10 off $100 purchase with "R" US credit card. One valid 11/1 -11/29 and the other 11/30-12/24. And a coupon for free $10 gift card with $75 purchase; valid thru 11/26. Gift card will expired on 12/31/09.