>>> Official Black Friday 2009 HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Saw earlier post about "buyer beware" with the westinghouse tv that target has in there black friday ad, could anyone elaborate on this issue because now i'm a little leery, ya know?

Purchased a 32" Westy from BB about two years ago - at 18 months the picture went out completely. Talked with both Westy and BB and was told "too bad, 12 month warranty expired". A television should last more than 18 months without a major repair. Again, just my personal experience, but I have a good friend who purchased the same television and had the exact same issue.

Purchased a 32" Westy from BB about two years ago - at 18 months the picture went out completely. Talked with both Westy and BB and was told "too bad, 12 month warranty expired". A television should last more than 18 months without a major repair. Again, just my personal experience, but I have a good friend who purchased the same television and had the exact same issue.

I bought a 27 inch around that same time frame and it is still going strong. My PC looks great on it as well as my Xbox and PS3/Blu-rays. No problems with mine. I'm a happy customer :yup:.

Ok so heres my question.We know Targets 32 inch will be $249.99.Target is also having a 32 inch this week on sale.There are a few more out on BF for cheap.Im kinda tempted to go ahead and get Targets 32 inch this week and spend the extra $50 to not stand in lines.Does anyone think another $250 32 inch will come around after BF like maybe cyber Monday or something?Anyone with past experinces?

Does anyone think another $250 32 inch will come around after BF like maybe cyber Monday or something?Anyone with past experinces?

It doesn't really matter. Buy the set and store it away unopened with the receipt. If something better comes along, return the set. I'm not sure you will find a cheaper 32" set, but you may find one you like better for the same or a little more money.

It doesn't really matter. Buy the set and store it away unopened with the receipt. If something better comes along, return the set. I'm not sure you will find a cheaper 32" set, but you may find one you like better for the same or a little more money.

Duh why didnt i think of that.Im off to Target,Thxs Len...

Any brand of tv can fail, it's a myth that off brands like Westinghouse are less reliable. All tv companies have terrible customer service, share parts amongst brands, and are all built in the same chinese factories. The only thing you'll not get on an off brand tv is a better picture and maybe a few less controls and connections for the tv, but for most, it won't be needed.

Just as many people have a Sony or Samsung break 18 months in. Sometimes it is the tv that failed, sometimes it is caused by lack of proper surge protection.

Any brand of tv can fail, it's a myth that off brands like Westinghouse are less reliable. All tv companies have terrible customer service, share parts amongst brands, and are all built in the same chinese factories. The only thing you'll not get on an off brand tv is a better picture and maybe a few less controls and connections for the tv, but for most, it won't be needed.

Just as many people have a Sony or Samsung break 18 months in. Sometimes it is the tv that failed, sometimes it is caused by lack of proper surge protection.

Reliability is brand/model related. That's not a myth. Look here.

At least as important is what happens when your tv fails. Check out this article on product support. One of the reasons I shop Sears, Walmart, and Best Buy are because I trust them to help if things go wrong. Looks like Circuit City bought TVs without warrantys and left their customers in the cold when they folded.

Are there any deals on the the bigger sized tvs? All I see are deals on 30" and maybe 40" models. I'm looking for a 52" LG or Sony.

so far

Costco Vizio 55" Widescreen 1080p LCD HDTV $300 off

Military BX Sony BRAVIA 52" LCD HDTV w/ Free Blu-ray Player $1,299.00

Sam's Club Philips 52” Widescreen 1080p LCD HDTV $1,198.00

Sears LG 55LH40 55" 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV $1,499.99

Sears Samsung LN52B530 52" 1080p LCD HDTV $1,299.99

Sears Sony KDL-52V5100 52" 1080p LCD HDTV $1,599.99

Sears Sony KDL-52XBR9 52" 1080p LCD HDTV $2,309.99

Are there any deals on the the bigger sized tvs? All I see are deals on 30" and maybe 40" models. I'm looking for a 52" LG or Sony.

Best I've seen is the $999 for the Panasonic P50S1 with bundled Blu-Ray player at Amazon but it's 4-7 week backorder at this point.

Do you think any of the stores will offer a LCD 37-42 inch as an online sale? I just found out the hubby has to work!!:mad: And now the only way I will be able to shop is online...I really wanted to get a TV this year, after waiting inline at Wallyworld on the 7th only for them to have just 1 TV we were 3rd in line I feel like it might not happen for me...:(

Sony has been running deals on the larger XBR9 since Oct. The 10 is out. They were taking off at least $1700 or more pkg deals. There are still some deals out there but thinning down. Sony had a promo that was passed down to stores and Amazon. No current XBR deals but there are other Sony model deals now. There have also been deals on LG & Samsung. Try doing a search. There are lots of threads on these. They sell out fast! Also pricematching stores helps take your total down. Good Luck!

Hi all, wondering if anybody's noticed that the 32" TV Target has on the add is not a product on their website? Most sites link the add to a West... 32" 1080p that is on the website, but the add says its a 720. I can't make out the model number so I'm wondering how we find out specs on it? I want to compare it to the 32" on sale at Walmart. Anyone have any ideas?

I purchased the 32" Westinghouse from Best Buy a couple years ago. The television is on almost all day and it works great. There have been absolutely no problems and friends marvel at the picture quality. Based upon my experience, I would purchase a Westinghouse again; we have been very pleased with this television.