>>> Official Black Friday 2009 HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

how since they dont carry the model kdl-40s504 posed in the walmart ad. what model number did they give you?

I went to Best Buy and they said they are NOT honoring ANY Black Friday price and they did have the TV (same model # as Walmart) for like $719.

I want a 40 or 42 in LCD for under 500 is that possible?

Oh crap........my model number is U2-40S5100, did i get ripped off?

nah you didnt get ripped from what I see the only difference is the usb service port. I cant be too sure as im using a compare on crutchfield and they dont list all of the features. on a side note you didnt have to camp out for it. :D

I went to Best Buy and they said they are NOT honoring ANY Black Friday price and they did have the TV (same model # as Walmart) for like $719.

I want a 40 or 42 in LCD for under 500 is that possible?

I looked on thier website and it wasnt there. maybe they carry it in store but not online? and the 500 might be possible, but you get what you pay for.

My buddy got a 46" sony bravia for $797, they are beating every wal-mart price for the next four days. Glad to see I didnt get taken. I have afeeling BB may have something up their sleeve for BF.............maybe an extra insert??????:cheesy:

Anyone in the market for the Panasonic 50G10 can find a great deal at Electronics Expo. The 50G10 is on sale for $1109.88. Unless you're in NJ where they have stores you'll still pay shipping (around $110) but the coupon code LSVXMY50 takes $50 off the price. So for $1169 including shipping you get a hell of a 50" plasma. There's not a better price on this TV anywhere.

I looked on thier website and it wasnt there. maybe they carry it in store but not online? and the 500 might be possible, but you get what you pay for.

I want this TV for my "home" office. I think I will be using it for my Wii or just to watch TV every now and then. My husband says I only need a 32 inch but we have one in the bedroom and it seems so small to me...

Amazing deals at BB today. They are price matching walmart bf ad today! Just got a 40" sony bravia for $597!

I should have been at your Best Buy. I even had the Walmart Ad in my hand and I was told that they were NOT honoring ANY Black Friday prices..in fact the guy treated me like i was asking for his shirt...

I want this TV for my "home" office. I think I will be using it for my Wii or just to watch TV every now and then. My husband says I only need a 32 inch but we have one in the bedroom and it seems so small to me...

ahh just like a woman it's never big enough for you...j/k. The size of the tv depends on how far away from it you will sit. you dont want to be too close or it will seem to pixelate. I think a 40" the closest you want to be to it is 4ft even at that it seems a bit too close to me. My advice buy the 40 change it out for the one in the bedroom at put the 32 in the office.

I'm seeing alot of deals on tvs that I have not heard of. Dynex, insignia, (sp?) others that seem to be lower quality. Anyone know whether these or Westinghouse, Sylvania or any good? My son has saved his money to buy his own tv and has been dying for BF to get here. His room is not large burt does play Wii on it. I was shooting for a 32 for him.

Any help would be appreciated.

the sylvania is a combo??

I'm seeing alot of deals on tvs that I have not heard of. Dynex, insignia, (sp?) others that seem to be lower quality. Anyone know whether these or Westinghouse, Sylvania or any good? My son has saved his money to buy his own tv and has been dying for BF to get here. His room is not large burt does play Wii on it. I was shooting for a 32 for him.

What's your son's budget? If he's primarily playing a Wii then he doesn't need a 1080p resolution TV since the Wii is only 480p (compared to 1080p on the Xbox 360). This is good for your son since all the low end, off-brand TVs you're mentioning are 720p.

Newegg is having a sale on the Panasonic VIERA 32" 720p LCD HDTV TC-L32X1 for $369.99 and that includes free shipping.

SOMETHING ELSE TO CONSIDER:

READ THE REVIEWS ON THE PANASONIC PLASMA G10 SETS VERY HIGHLY RATED BY BUYERS ON AMAZON AND CHECK OTHER REVIEWS ON THE WEB.

Purchase a Panasonic HDTV and Get a TiVo

Purchase a Qualifying Panasonic VIERA Plasma HDTV and Get a TiVo HD Digital Video Recorder A $215.00 DOLLAR VALUE!

Purchase a qualifying Panasonic VIERA plasma HDTV with a TiVo HD digital video recorder and receive the TiVo free from Amazon.com. Offer expires on December 5, 2009, or while supplies last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_86103611_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000449941&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_r=1MDJ4Y8YN0VE6W6M19WK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=500215591&pf_rd_i=1247379011

SOMETHING ELSE TO CONSIDER:

READ THE REVIEWS ON THE PANASONIC PLASMA G10 SETS VERY HIGHLY RATED BY BUYERS ON AMAZON AND CHECK OTHER REVIEWS ON THE WEB.

Purchase a Panasonic HDTV and Get a TiVo

Purchase a Qualifying Panasonic VIERA Plasma HDTV and Get a TiVo HD Digital Video Recorder A $215.00 DOLLAR VALUE!

Purchase a qualifying Panasonic VIERA plasma HDTV with a TiVo HD digital video recorder and receive the TiVo free from Amazon.com. Offer expires on December 5, 2009, or while supplies last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_86103611_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000449941&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_r=1MDJ4Y8YN0VE6W6M19WK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=500215591&pf_rd_i=1247379011

Yes, I just bought the 54G10 last Sunday. http://www.snay.org/smileys/yahoo.gif

The TiVo offer started today and replaces the free Panasonic Blu-Ray player that was being offered before that. The sale prices on the G10 models at Amazon have stayed the same. If you're in the market for a TiVo HD then it's a great deal but if not then consider the prices at Electronics Expo and do a google for their coupon codes to help offset the shipping.

Can you share with us your thoughts after a week or so with your 54G10 from Panasonic?

It's an incredible TV. I spent a solid 2 months researching HDTVs. First started out with comparing pros/cons of LCD vs. plasma vs. LED. Once I decided on a plasma then I had to decide on the manufacturer. Wanted something in the middle to upper range for quality and craftsmanship and that quickly narrows down the field to Panasonic and Samsung. I went with Panasonic because I consistently found very positive reviews from owners and experts. What turned me away from Samsung was that many of their models are being discontinued and replaced. I was also wary of the buzzing defect that many owners experience.

At first I started with the S10 but after a little research it was clear that for just a little more money and a lot more in features/quality the G10 was a better choice. Had my heart set on the 50" but then last Sunday Sears had the 54" for $1260 which was the same price Amazon was selling the 50" (although that one came with a free Blu-Ray DVD player). I didn't need another DVD player so I grabbed the 54" from Sears and there you have it.

If you follow the BF ads you'll see that the box stores aren't giving deals on the quality HDTVs (and by quality this means you can ignore Walmart and Sams Club altogether). If you want the G10 then currently your best bets are online at Amazon, Electronics Expo, and most likely Newegg (however their BF ad isn't out yet). And check your local dealers to see what offers they have (but places like Best Buy, Sears, etc are focusing on the lower quality TVs to clear inventory).

I have about a $1500 dollar budget. Looking for at least a 50" 1080p. How far can I stretch my dollars. I really havent seen anything that looks good for BF. Anybody have any ideas or what I should look for to go on sale even after BF. Thanks

So in anyones opinion what is the best deal happening now or gonna happen for a 37-42 inch LCD 1080 under $600? :)

I like the 40" toshiba at hhgregg with 3 hdmi, I was looking at the samsung at walmart but i dont want a bf only tv (only carried for black friday)

I have about a $1500 dollar budget. Looking for at least a 50" 1080p. How far can I stretch my dollars. I really havent seen anything that looks good for BF. Anybody have any ideas or what I should look for to go on sale even after BF. Thanks

$1500 for a TV or home theater? In other words do you want external speakers, subwoofer, a stand, etc?