Who do you shop with on Black Friday?

angelbabymommy

My mom and sister. My aunt did the first year we did BF (about 5 or 6 yrs ago) but she usually has to work BF morning. Last year my mom, sister and I decided to see what BF was like in a smaller town then we usually go to and my aunt joined us (she lives there). We liked it so much that we intend on doing it again this year.

Usually with my wife and son. I have also been shopping with my brother while she is with her sister, that way we cover more ground. My son has been great over the years. When he was younger, we'd have him squeeze into small places to grab stuff:bump: while the adults were fighting over things:chairshot. Now that he is bigger, he can 'bully':gdboxer: his way in to grab stuff, lol. No actually, we split up in BestBuy or wherever and then meet up at the register. First one to accomplish their 'mission' wins:gdrunner:, lol.

uaully my MIL if they come to visit for the holiday. We live 12hrs away from our families...so we have made it a tradition to shop together when they visit or we go "home" for the holiday. We love this site and are excited for another shopping season!

• 3 weeks later...
I have my mom and dad, my mate and I, and sometimes my uncle. Dad won't come out until later (8am), but he gets the non rush items. Mom and I usually stick together, and then my guy goes to other stores. We have a battle plan before hand, and treat it like strategic warfare. Making references to the Penguins of Madagascar all the time. I'm the Skipper though. My mate is relatively new to BF though (only 3 yrs), so we call him the Private.

My first BF was with my mom and she was SOOO slow! The next year, I thought about taking my sister, but she always insists on wearing heels, then an hour or two into shopping, she's complaining about her feet hurting. So I decided to drag DH along. Now its our tradition to go together.

He goes after anything that there will be a rush for and I run around and collect anything smaller that is less dangerous to grab, then we meet at checkout. Last year we decided to go to separate stores (or maybe it was the year before...). He went to WM and I thought I was safe at TRU.

Yeah right! I was after a Transformer and some lady rams my cart so hard I practically fell into a shelf, just so she could get there first. There was only 1 left and a guy saw what had happened and snagged it off the shelf just before she grabbed it and handed it to me. I wanted to hug him. She wanted to slap him. The first thing I told DH was, "NEVER AGAIN am I going anywhere without you!"

My 15 yo son. He loves getting up early and going (although 364 days a year he would sleep til noon). He's not shy so he has no problems going into the store and hustling around to get the stuff. He's also 6'4" so he reaches right over people to get the stuff on the top shelves. My 11 yo daughter is begging to go this year, but not sure I'm going to let her since she still "believes" in santa this year.

We make it a family event for the day. DH and I leave about 4 a.m., shop for the kids, drop off the loot at an undisclosed location:yup:and then return home for the kids.(Usually about 8 a.m.) We leave again, with DS and DD, and spend the rest of the day shopping and watching people act like the world is coming to an end if they don't get that one thing!!! We enjoy the family time - plus we can split up and cover more ground!!!!

My sister and I have a tradition of going together (quite early, of course). We pick the most important items rather than trying to hit a ton of different stores, and the big-ticket items her husband and his brother are excellent at grabbing! Now, we have a new tradition of stopping with scratch-off Lotto tickets and hot chocolate from wherever my fiance is doing his news liveshot. :-) If there's snow in the air, we are known to sing Christmas carols in lines -- 1/4 of the people hate it, 3/4 sing along -- it's great to get in the spirit and not take it too seriously (while getting some incredible deals)!