Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I haven't seen any hand soap, dishwasher tabs, kids toothpaste, garbage bags or any of the other great finds spotted last year. Are they out there? Last year I remember some of us were lucky enough to find the dishwasher tabs (the ones with the penguins on them). I didn't have to buy any for months and was hoping for the same run of luck, but I never spotted them before the 25th, so not sure companies were even doing the holiday themed items anymore. Found the tissues, but that's it. Thoughts?

I saw it only because I was one of the first people in line on the 26th and grabbed a couple and went back a couple minutes later and everything was pretty much gone, in under 5 minutes. I got dish soap, garbage bags and ziploc (or hefty or glad??) bags and containers. I saw the kleenex too and it was going fast. I usually get there 15 or so minutes after they open and all of that stuff is usually all gone.

They did not have the dishwasher tabs. I haven't seen the trash bags for a couple of years. They did have regular hand dish soap, but I still have some from 3 years ago! I did get the softsoap hand soap. They still have some of the cinnamon scent (red) ones at a few stores. Check the regular aisle. It rang up full price the first day, but got marked down on day 2. I managed to get Ziploc bags and LOADS of aluminum foil. I wish I had gotten more of the nonstick foil as I use more of that than the regular, but I got some of both. I had coupons on both the foil & ziplocs, so I was happy.

I am in San Gabriel Valley, CA. also! Did you find any of the stores 75% today. I called a few and they said they were still at 50%. I went to one in Upland and it was at 50% still also.

My mom and I scored two years ago and havent been as lucky since. We were at the store the day items went to 90% and they were bringing out carts full of press n seal, dish soap, palmolive, and misc Christmas. I still have 2 boxes of press n seal left... We haven't been nearly as lucky since. :( Have had my eye on an instant canopy. We have some long Sundays on the football fields with my kids, that sun is murder with out it. Our store was at 50% and had 3 left so I'm holding my breath for 75%. :bonk:

Shoot, I'd be happy to find Spike under $75. I'm new to the whole clearance shopping thing but will definitely be on the lookout this year for him. Do you think Target is a better bet? I haven't been yet, but I know my WM had at least a pallet left.

Well, I would say if Spike is 50% off at your Walmart then buy it, and if it goes 75% at Target and you are able to get one, return the Walmart one later. If it isn't marked 50% at Walmart take it over to a scanner. I have done that a lot the past two days, and have been pleasantly surprised.

They did not have the dishwasher tabs. I haven't seen the trash bags for a couple of years. They did have regular hand dish soap, but I still have some from 3 years ago! I did get the softsoap hand soap. They still have some of the cinnamon scent (red) ones at a few stores. Check the regular aisle. It rang up full price the first day, but got marked down on day 2. I managed to get Ziploc bags and LOADS of aluminum foil. I wish I had gotten more of the nonstick foil as I use more of that than the regular, but I got some of both. I had coupons on both the foil & ziplocs, so I was happy.

Really wanted to get some more of those dishwasher tabs, but maybe now I can actually stop obsessing about them! I bought dozens of boxes at 75% off last year and it almost killed me to buy a box in October (after running out of my '08 holiday stash) at regular price!

My mom and I scored two years ago and havent been as lucky since. We were at the store the day items went to 90% and they were bringing out carts full of press n seal, dish soap, palmolive, and misc Christmas. I still have 2 boxes of press n seal left... We haven't been nearly as lucky since. :( Have had my eye on an instant canopy. We have some long Sundays on the football fields with my kids, that sun is murder with out it. Our store was at 50% and had 3 left so I'm holding my breath for 75%. :bonk:

I scored on scotch tape about 4 years ago I think 90% off and was amazed this year that I ran out! Kind of regret the 50 or so I gave an old lady heading to checkout lol.

Were you at the South Anchorage store? I went to the Muldoon store the other day and it was looking pretty picked over. I figured they wouldn't go until tomorrow. I'll be there tomorrow morning bright and early :)

It was at the Muldoon store. They have put a lot more Christmas out since the 26th. I could not believe how much candy and wrapping paper there was!

I'm shocked that you still have trees in the stores. Ours went 50% off over a week before Christmas and sold out then.[/quote

I went to one yesterday and was shocked at how many they had! That one is further from work so that's why I'm not there. We have a bunch of Targets though

Shoot, I'd be happy to find Spike under $75. I'm new to the whole clearance shopping thing but will definitely be on the lookout this year for him. Do you think Target is a better bet? I haven't been yet, but I know my WM had at least a pallet left.

I know this is the Target forum, but I saw the green spike on clearance at WM the other day for $59.

Columbia, SC finally went 75% today. I got 2 trees. I had checked availability on line and the store that is about 30 minutes away had both of the trees I wanted so I took a chance they would be at 75%. They had a ton of stuff left, including stuff I had never seen at my store. Spent $165 for $460 worth of stuff.

I am in San Gabriel Valley, CA. also! Did you find any of the stores 75% today. I called a few and they said they were still at 50%. I went to one in Upland and it was at 50% still also.

No, they were 50%. I am swamped with work, and there is so little left that I'll probably go out this morning for a bit, but I won't hit more than a couple of stores. Did you find much?

Really wanted to get some more of those dishwasher tabs, but maybe now I can actually stop obsessing about them! I bought dozens of boxes at 75% off last year and it almost killed me to buy a box in October (after running out of my '08 holiday stash) at regular price!

I'm still using the ones from last year, but I wish I hadn't bought so many. They leave a white coating on my glasses. I have to use glass magic once a month, at least, just to keep them clean. I briefly switched to Cascade to see if that was the problem, and it was. No white gunk with Cascade, but I am not going to toss the others. I'll use them up. But NO MORE!