Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Branson MO is 75% off Christmas and they were bringing out flatbeds full of more stuff the entire time I was shopping-seemed to be mostly ornaments. I was surprised to find tons of LED lights and yard decor. That stuff goes quick around here.

Came back home to Springfield to find it still 50% off, but still lots of stuff and the girl that checked me out said they still have a lot in the back as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 75% tomorrow.

By the way-sorry if all the stashed foil and ziploc bags was one of you guys...I've really scored the last few days finding slightly hidden paper goods...

msharpsteen- they weren't mine!! I was there last night (SPFD) and they had a lot left. Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the info. I guess I should call the lake to see what they are at. Because Branson went a day early, that means we have two days of 90%!!

I'll be there first thing in the morning! I'll be in St. Louis this weekend, so I'm hoping to find a few more things there. I always seem to get lucky in the city!!!

I always find good stuff at the Kirkwood store!

I picked up some 'Emergency Ponchos' for 50¢ at Spfd last night. They were half off. I should have bought more- DH laughed at me, but trust me, we've needed emergency ponchos before! They are in the camping gear.

I usually like Kirkwood, but last month I was in there and it was just trashed! We stay in Chesterfield and I usually do pretty well there. I also always run in to the Brentwood store when we make a Trader Joe's stop before heading home.

Were there more of the ponchos? I like to keep them in the car for pop up showers at the soccer fields!

We're watching those twin blow-up beds-they had a ton yesterday morning, so I'm hoping to get them at least half off.

Last year I went to get a tree and waited until it was 75% off. All of the stores were out except one, but they were still only 50% off. I was told by a manager that they have to wait until they only have a certain amount of holiday inventory left. I'm not sure how much truth was in that, but the next day I got my tree at 75% off!

Actually, it seems that all the stores that went early had large amounts left over. Seems more like they mark it down faster if they have a lot more to unload. Around here the stores are practically barren. No bows to be found, which is about all I wanted to get at 75%.

Culpeper so I guess more central NOVA. About 40 mins south of Gainesville.

Target in Bowie MD closest to the beltway (20 minutes from Alexandria VA/NOVA) is 75% off of Christmas, 50% of candy, 0% off the Christmas-wrapped sparkling grape juice that I had in my cart but returned because no discuount. :(

I haven't seen any hand soap, dishwasher tabs, kids toothpaste, garbage bags or any of the other great finds spotted last year. Are they out there? Last year I remember some of us were lucky enough to find the dishwasher tabs (the ones with the penguins on them). I didn't have to buy any for months and was hoping for the same run of luck, but I never spotted them before the 25th, so not sure companies were even doing the holiday themed items anymore. Found the tissues, but that's it. Thoughts?

Let me just go ahead and say now that if anybody finds the Spike the Dinosaur (green or red) on clearance for 50% off or more, I would appreciate you picking it up for me. I will pay for it and shipping. Our store doesn't seem to have any left already.

I am willing to be on the lookout for any toys others want as well. I found a few last year and passed them on to my gottadeal friends. It worked out great!

There are quite a few spikes at one store in my area. I will let you know if i find one at 50%

75% off here in Alaska. They have 8 aisles full of stuff left!!

Were you at the South Anchorage store? I went to the Muldoon store the other day and it was looking pretty picked over. I figured they wouldn't go until tomorrow. I'll be there tomorrow morning bright and early :)

I haven't seen any hand soap, dishwasher tabs, kids toothpaste, garbage bags or any of the other great finds spotted last year. Are they out there? Last year I remember some of us were lucky enough to find the dishwasher tabs (the ones with the penguins on them). I didn't have to buy any for months and was hoping for the same run of luck, but I never spotted them before the 25th, so not sure companies were even doing the holiday themed items anymore. Found the tissues, but that's it. Thoughts?

I think those items go fairly quickly. We got there on the 26th about 10:30 am, and snagged the last of the ziploc bags, containers and hand soap. Didn't see any garbage bags or dishwasher tabs. Went to two stores on the 27th and there was only tissues left.

###The store here had girls winter puffer coats for 50% off today (well one was a fashion plaid bomber, the other a printed puffer coat according to the tags) , as well as the nice waterproof girls gloves at 50% off. I bought two winter coats for my girls to play in the snow for $17.48, originally $34.99. Gloves were 2.48, marked down from 4.99. The tag says they are ski gloves. Edited by Gator Pam

There are quite a few spikes at one store in my area. I will let you know if i find one at 50%

I would be most appreciative. I haven't checked our Walmart yet, but typically speaking they are AWFUL about clearancing things. It's marked down like a dollar or two and stays that way for a year...

The store here had girls winter puffer coats for 50% off today (well one was a fashion plaid bomber, the other a printed puffer coat according to the tags) , as well as the nice waterproof girls gloves at 50% off. I bought two winter coats for my girls to play in the snow for $17.48, originally $34.99. Gloves were 2.48, marked down from 4.99. The tag says they are ski gloves.

I saw some girls puffy coats for 75% today. They were $7-8. I'll be watching the gloves. My oldest DD loves feeding hers to the school's lost and found box.

He was 59.50, maybe Target will have it cheaper?

Shoot, I'd be happy to find Spike under $75. I'm new to the whole clearance shopping thing but will definitely be on the lookout this year for him. Do you think Target is a better bet? I haven't been yet, but I know my WM had at least a pallet left.

They did not have the dishwasher tabs. I haven't seen the trash bags for a couple of years. They did have regular hand dish soap, but I still have some from 3 years ago! I did get the softsoap hand soap. They still have some of the cinnamon scent (red) ones at a few stores. Check the regular aisle. It rang up full price the first day, but got marked down on day 2. I managed to get Ziploc bags and LOADS of aluminum foil. I wish I had gotten more of the nonstick foil as I use more of that than the regular, but I got some of both. I had coupons on both the foil & ziplocs, so I was happy.