Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

My stores was 30% off yesterday and 75% off today. I was able to get tons of stuff. I didn't go until 8:45 and the toy aisles were empty. The only people there we all the target employees re-setting the area. I was able to pick what I wanted. I called my sister and she bought twice as much as me. LOL!! She was shocked at the sales. I almost didn't go this morning, but decided to go even though I had to take 3 kids with me. A big Thank you to everyone for all the great info. I really would not have gone if I hadn't read all of these posts. I was able to do the after Christmas sale and now this one. I am so set for Christmas.

Thanks again.!!!!:D

Indy's Nora location went 75% off! Pretty picked over though! Still a few toys in the aisles that haven't been moved to the 'clearance' section though.......mostly everything I got had already been mentioned.....got a few things though so left pretty happy! Oh, and still some only marked down 50 and 30 still.......

Ok here is the list

Sit N Play activity table( markers scissors, crayons, coloring book stencils all in a nice set)- 3.24

Potty Time Elmo-8.24

Geo Trax Zoo- 8.24

Geo Trax extra rails - 4.48

Hot Wheels Power Revvers-2.68

Baby Alive Go Bye Bye- 6.24

Little Tykes Car Activity Center( for our long drive)- 5.98

Talking Doodle Pro (Go Diego)- 5.98

Cars Race N Rescue Station- 6.24

Thumbilina Plant and Grow Garden- 3.92

Fairy Wings- 3.24

Crown and Wand-3.24

Word World Lion- 3.17

Play Doh Molding Mania (cutters and toys)- 2.24

Shake and Go Car (girls) 3.47

Original Price Total- 282.95

Clearance Total- 70.60

SAVINGS- 212.35

Here is what I got...I am really excited about some of the things! I will also say that the lady who had the 3 carts full of stuff had her THREE kids with her and very kindly gave me an item out of her bounty when I asked her if she had seen anymore of them anywhere (it was the Snow White costume). She probably was a reseller, since she was buying 2-3 of all of the big things, but at least she was nice!

###Moon Sand Set: $4.98

###Cabbage Patch Fairy: $2.47

###Snow White Costume Set (LOVE THIS..it has the dress, shoes, and a few accessories): $3.74

###Bride Costume (with veil, of course): $7.48

###Birthday Barbie: $3.98

###"Cars" race track set: $6.24

###Small motorcycle set: $2.48

###Thomas Take-Along 4 pack of Trains: $4.48

###Dora Twins Set: $3.48

###Big Yellow Corvette: $6.24

###Cupcake Set (cupcake "cooking" supplies inside of a cupcake case): $3.82

###Some kind of Tank "Navy Seals" thing: $3.24

###Big Crane Lego Set (HUGE): $14.98

###Hot Wheels Big Car: $2.48

###Shake & Go Car: $3.98

###Rocket Wall Hanging for holding Toys: $2.48

###Magnetix Set: $6.24

The best...this one was FREE!

###Cranium Cadoo: $3.75

-$5/1 Cranium Target Coupon

=FREE plus $1.25 overage after coupon!

**They also had Hullaballoo and a Cranium game for adults in the clearance section that this coupon would work for.

Edited by Sarasuzymama

75% off here today. I tried to go right at 8 but I had a meeting so I got there around 930. I am glad I waited because the mark down team was only about half way done. There was no one shopping so it was nice to be all alone! The mark down girls were so nice and scanned everything for me that wasn't already done. I ended up with 5 bags of toys and spent $80.

Ok, so I'm not convinced that this was the BIG markdown at my store. A LOT of stuff did go 75% today, BUT there was also some stuff that hadn't been marked at all until today and it was marked down 50%. I really wish that it would have just all been marked today, but oh well, at least I got the main things I was after except the sand n water table. Hopefully the table will go down next week, but it was still only 30% this week at my store. Here's what I got.....

###Red plastic cups .49 (found stay from picnic stuff)

###Camp Rock Mic 3.74

###Nail Barbie 4.48

###Furreal Friends Cat (the big one) 9.98

###Ballerina dress-up shoes 3.24

###Baby Elmo 4.98

###Pink Shake N Go Car 3.98

###Leapster 12.48

###Leapster Game 6.24

###FP Cash Register 6.98

###Fun2Learn Know your Number Cell Phone 3.24

Used hubby's team member discount and additional extra 10% shopping day discount and spent a total of 52.83.

I plan to go back on Monday hoping for baby clearance to be marked to 75%.

goshen, mishawaka, and south bend all at 75%

Goshen had just started marking down at 1:30

When I asked about marking things that I knew were on clearance I was told that corp. office puts the sku's for mark down in, but that doesn't mean they are supposed to mark them down. And they get in trouble for marking things down earlier than they are supposed to.

There must have been about 5-6 people with stuff in their carts waiting for hours for them to mark down. One employee refered to us as "savengers"

I was also told that the dept MUST be reset BEFORE clearance was marked.

In this recession I would think they would want to sell the cart loads of stuff that these 5-6 people waiting had and create a little good will than create crabby customers. JMO

###lego castle troll warship 204-00-0097 $19.98

###lego racers 204-00-0747 $4.98

### polly pocket sleepover party 086-02-2256 $2.48

I'm new to this site. Thanks everyone for your posts! Not all our toys were at 75% yet. This happened after the holidays, too. I just had to share my experience this morning. I didn't have a sitter, so I had to take my 4 and 6 year old. I'm in the isle with a few other ladies who are picking up stuff as fast as they can when my 4 year old says "I have to pee!" So off we go to the far side of the store to the restroom, rushing because I know what's happening back at the toy isle. We weren't back 10 minutes when I hear the other one say the same thing! Still was able to get a few good items. Again, thanks everyone for your posts. I live 45 minutes from the nearest Target and it saved me lots of gas $ and time!

Just know that by doing this you might point out a DEAL to one of the employees who may then buy the item themselves........

Of the 12 Targets locally, I've never had a problem with the old ladies at the CSR desk running to the back to buy stuff on clearance. Besdies, I always ask about an item I know they have 50 of and that isn't popular.

I'm new to this site. Thanks everyone for your posts! Not all our toys were at 75% yet. This happened after the holidays, too. I just had to share my experience this morning. I didn't have a sitter, so I had to take my 4 and 6 year old. I'm in the isle with a few other ladies who are picking up stuff as fast as they can when my 4 year old says "I have to pee!" So off we go to the far side of the store to the restroom, rushing because I know what's happening back at the toy isle. We weren't back 10 minutes when I hear the other one say the same thing! Still was able to get a few good items. Again, thanks everyone for your posts. I live 45 minutes from the nearest Target and it saved me lots of gas $ and time!

Welcome! :) Which store in AZ did you go to?

goshen, mishawaka, and south bend all at 75%

Goshen had just started marking down at 1:30

When I asked about marking things that I knew were on clearance I was told that corp. office puts the sku's for mark down in, but that doesn't mean they are supposed to mark them down. And they get in trouble for marking things down earlier than they are supposed to.

There must have been about 5-6 people with stuff in their carts waiting for hours for them to mark down. One employee refered to us as "savengers"

I was also told that the dept MUST be reset BEFORE clearance was marked.

In this recession I would think they would want to sell the cart loads of stuff that these 5-6 people waiting had and create a little good will than create crabby customers. JMO

###lego castle troll warship 204-00-0097 $19.98

###lego racers 204-00-0747 $4.98

### polly pocket sleepover party 086-02-2256 $2.48

Well, then someone didn't tell our stores, as they haven't all reset, and markdowns were proceeding just fine. A lot of the markdown teams get irritable at the toy sale because so many people hover. If I were them, I'd be annoyed. They don't like going through people's carts because of the time involved and because it often throws their counts off. Particularly if people don't take them and put them back. The markdown team manager explained that to me this morning. I had heard it before, of course, but she told me again anyway.

anyone in Southern Ca - know what's going on here? I live about 30 min away and don't know if I want to make the drive....

Depends on where you are. 2 Pasadena stores went today, but are already pretty picked over. Eagle Rock did not all go (Legos still 50%), so not sure what's up with that. I'm heading out to San Dimas in the afternoon.

I think someone else reported OC going as well.

75% off one store in NJ- list below. My other store had not been marked down as of 2pm :(

###087101689 Partini $5

###087071763 Smell Swell Lightning McQueen 4.98

###204070159 Piston Cup Mege Blocks 2.48

###087071882 Cars race n Rescue Station 5.74

###086002479 Aquadoodle Zipbin 5.98

###204030743 Shake n go Crash ups Taxi 3.98

###204030743 Shake n go Crash ups Lowrider (pink) 3.98

###204040121 LeapFrog Alphabet Adventures tray puzzle 1.24

###204040121 Leapfrog Counting Quest tray puzzles 1.24

###087101660 Circo memory matching game 1.62

###204000735 Lego Bionicle Jetrax T6 12.48

###086001296 Fantasma Magic Top Hat show (magic set) 3.44

I was suprised last night that all of the pool stuff was still regular price. I need to pick up some new goggles for the kids and I would like to get some diving toys. I hope they go on sale soon!

I saw a lot of stuff at 50% off but not much at 75% off.

Mt Pleasant, SC Target went 75% this morning. They were about half way finished marking down when I got there at 10. I wasn't all that impressed with the clearance, but I did find a few toys. I bought two Disney Cars Race and Rescue sets for $6.24. I've already seen these listed with the dcpi so I won't bother repeating. Also found:

###087050609 Air Hogs Twin Thunder Helicopter $14.98

The Air Hog is for my dh who is still a kid at heart and he was pretty excited when I called him on his lunch break to tell him I got the only one they had. I had more luck in Jan, but it was still fun. Hoping the summer stuff goes soon so I can pick up a pool for next year. Anyone know if the camping chairs and camping equipment get clearanced soon? Our baby dept. is still only 15-30%. Hoping to find some deals there soon for a shower at the end of the month.

They had finished marking down the toy dept when I got there at 9:00 this morning in Sheboygan (Kohler?) WI. Most toys were 75%, Legos were the exception. Of course all the Thomas sets were gone - they never last here. I got Cranium Cadoo, black box Adult version of Cranium, Shake 'n Go cars, and some mini kites. There were still some Leapsters left there, if anyone is interested.

I also caught the markdown ladies at work in the shoe dept and (finally!) got those sparkly pink shoes DD wanted at 75%.

Does anyone have a strategy as to which target to hit for the clearance stuff? I have MANY Targets in town, some in nicer parts of town, some in the ghetto. Which do you think would have more stuff left?

Today I scored a Wow Wow Wubbzy plush bath toy regular $12.99 down to $3.24. This had jumped from 30% to 75%. I also got a Learning Curve take along car featuring Sesame Street figures for $1.2# regularly $5.99 I think. I wanted to do early Christmas shopping but couldn't bring myself to it. I was tempted to get the Tony Hawk skate ramp regular $19.99 down to $5.

### 086002387 Backyard Safari Animal Caller --- $2.37

### 086081376 Woof Street Dogs --- $1.98

### 086120254 Marble Run Toy --- $3.98 (was $15.99)

### 086120640 Original Slinky Dog (the one from Toy Story!!) --- $3.24

### 087071763 Smell Swell Story Telling Lightning McQueen --- $4.98

### 204040911 Leapster Cars:Lightning McQueen game --- $6.22

### (use $4 coupon from Leapfrog HERE)

### 204040913 TAG Book Cat in the Hat --- $3.48 (use $3 coupon from above too)

### 204040927 TAG Book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom --- $3.48 (use $3 coupon from above too)

### 204040928 TAG Book Olivia --- $3.48 (use $3 coupon from above ... 2 coupons per computer)

### 204040952 Didj Foster's Home for imaginary friends --- $7.48 (use $5 coupon from above)

### 204120265 Target Brand (PWonder) Cash Register playset --- $5.18

### 204070159 Mega Bloks Cars Set --- $2.48

My son's birthday is Saturday so he's gonna have lots to open!! :yup: :)

Edited by KoopawnKode
added UPC and DCPI

I worked all day & now have to babysit the grandkids tonight!:eek: Of all times for my kids to have their aniversary! I don't see any big items listed on clearance. Last night one store I went to only had 1 isle of clearance just thrown in stacks. After christmas there seem to have been more Fisher Price. Is anyone finding Littlest pet shop or FP??

I worked all day & now have to babysit the grandkids tonight!:eek: Of all times for my kids to have their aniversary! I don't see any big items listed on clearance. Last night one store I went to only had 1 isle of clearance just thrown in stacks. After christmas there seem to have been more Fisher Price. Is anyone finding Littlest pet shop or FP??

I saw 2 LPS toys. The one I got is a little digital toy and the other one there was a little key chain thing with erasers and a little note pad. None of the pets or the sets were marked down.

I only saw a few FP toys. I know I saw a cash register and some clippo sets and I picked up a garden play set that I think is FP.

There were some Parents toys there - so that made up for the lack of FP.

I saw 2 LPS toys. The one I got is a little digital toy and the other one there was a little key chain thing with erasers and a little note pad. None of the pets or the sets were marked down.

I only saw a few FP toys. I know I saw a cash register and some clippo sets and I picked up a garden play set that I think is FP.

There were some Parents toys there - so that made up for the lack of FP.

Thanks,

I don't feel so bad now. I bought Soooo... much at Kmart toy clearance I was hoping Target would also have great deals for age 3 & 11 girls.

Just think of it as how much money you saved instead of spent, lol;)

He wasn't upset at all! I was surprised. I explained about the birthdays and xmas etc. He kind of giggled, asked me where I was gonna put it all and how much. I am glad he understands. cheesy:

Just got back from stacking a cart fairly full of stuff I want and moving it to another department then covering it with stuff from that department. Doesn't always work, but doesn't hurt to try. Moved a few things into the newly re-set aisles too, hoping they'll miss all but the ones I left for them to scan. Now, if the overnight team isn't too diligent, it should help me get a few of the things I want tomorrow.

Gotta know, was your cart intact this morning for your shopping pleasure, hehheh??

There were some toddler toys on clearance. I know that there were Parents and Circo brand toddler toys and there were other red stickers in the toddler toy aisle. I didn't look too closely because my kids are a bit beyond that stage, but I remember seeing a musical? flower pot and a toy camera with a mirror on the front. I am sure there is more.

Thanks, wish I knew about Target clearance then....