Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Found an American Red Cross Digital "Soothing Sounds" Baby Scale (orig. $59.99) 75% off for $14.98 at one of my local Target stores.

The other stores had them full price. I think the one I got from the particular store was the last one in that store.

Anyone know how this works = i.e. why they were full price everywhere else? Or was that store first to do a markdown? If so, maybe the other stores are getting ready to do that.

I just found this kinda funny because there is a recently new endcap with all the "baby medical" and the scale seems to be part of that endcap. Maybe my markdown was an error? Anyway, glad I got it!

If it had a red & white striped tag, then it is because they don't carry the item. Often smaller stores don't carry the entire catalog of items Target sells. Someone may have bought it at another store, then returned it to this one.

OK, so I went over to Target the other day to use some coupons. I tried to use the $1 off 2 Eggo waffle coupons from the target website. The lady gave me a real hard time and after leaving me there while she talked with 4 (yes 4) associates, finally told me she would take the coupon this time only. "They're no longer able to use the coupons that say Target Web Coupon". I told her I printed them off of the Target website and she just said "I know". Anyone have any ideas?

Did she even give you a logical explanation? Should have asked her exactly where you are supposed to be able to use them. It was once implied to me that these coupons were supposed to be used on the "web". Well I guess that would work if they actually sold groceries online! How can they refuse their own coupons? I can understand that they might limit the number you use, but to outright say they aren't taking them is crazy.

Until Target posts their official coupon policy on their website, we must continue to email corporate to receive this email:

"Dear xxxx,

Thanks for asking us about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.

When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.

- We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

- We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we're able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

- We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.

- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They'll do their best to help while you're in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we're here to help!

We appreciate the opportunity to share this information with you.

Sincerely,

David

Target Guest Relations"

put your name in the "Dear xxxx" so you can say you emailed them yourself. Print it out and keep in your coupon binder/organizer.

Did she even give you a logical explanation? Should have asked her exactly where you are supposed to be able to use them. It was once implied to me that these coupons were supposed to be used on the "web". Well I guess that would work if they actually sold groceries online! How can they refuse their own coupons? I can understand that they might limit the number you use, but to outright say they aren't taking them is crazy.

She didn't say. She just said she was told they could no longer take them if they said "Target Web Coupon" on them. I told her I printed them from the Target web site and she just said "I know" (in a snotty tone). She said she'd take them "this once, but not again." Now I've been a Target peruser for over 10 years now. This is not my first rodeo and I would have argued till death had she not taken them. I've called corporate from their lobby before, and I'd do it again if I had to. BTW, I was only using 1 coupon for waffles and 1 coupon for apple sauce.

Corp policy is to accept their own coupons. You really need to call, using the receipt from the incident, and have them re-train your store.

This isn't my regular store. After I insisted the lead told the cashier if they scan take them. Luckly all scanned, and believe me there were lots!;) I used my coupons and got back gift cards. Great cashier, it was the lead cashier that was the problem. Had she not taken them I would have called. After, I even tried the kiosk to prove it to her but you can't print them there anymore. :mad:

Fyi, Oxio mandolin slicer today $10 reg. $40. Not much else, I hate their JIT buying now.

She didn't say. She just said she was told they could no longer take them if they said "Target Web Coupon" on them. I told her I printed them from the Target web site and she just said "I know" (in a snotty tone). She said she'd take them "this once, but not again." Now I've been a Target peruser for over 10 years now. This is not my first rodeo and I would have argued till death had she not taken them. I've called corporate from their lobby before, and I'd do it again if I had to. BTW, I was only using 1 coupon for waffles and 1 coupon for apple sauce.

There's no logic in that. I print my Target web coupons at the guest center @ Target. Once a cashier was looking hard at them and I just said "I just printed it over there. You can go do it yourself too." (Yes, I can be a bit of a smart-xxx when I get irritated) She actually didn't know about the coupons on the Target website.

I have to say...I've read this forum for over a year now...and you've made me spend bunches...but I've saved so much more. This is my 1st post. I've found juice boxes today,

never believed they would be in this area...got 3 @ 69cents each. Did the Happy Dance, and had to let you know...you're all great!!! Now I'm really a believer!;)

Thanks for all your info!!!

Found a Diaper Champ for $8.74 (org. $35) yesterday that must have been a return from the baby sale so I was happy happy. Ended up being less since I bought 2 Pledge's with the $3 & $1 coupons and had a $1 overage, bought 2 Dove Go Fresh Travel Size Deodorant with the $1.25 coupons so I had .51 overage on them and even found 8 Bath Buddies so after my coupons for those I had another .24 overage meaning before tax the Diaper Champ was $6.98 and everthing else was free!!

Also found a Boon Flo that was marked down to 30% off that I had been thinking about getting anyway, I might if it's still there at 50%. I really need something to cover the bath spout so this might be a cheap and cool option. Anyone have one of these?

Edited by sabbie

Found a Diaper Champ for $8.74 (org. $35) yesterday that must have been a return from the baby sale so I was happy happy. Ended up being less since I bought 2 Pledge's with the $3 & $1 coupons and had a $1 overage, bought 2 Dove Go Fresh Travel Size Deodorant with the $1.25 coupons so I had .51 overage on them and even found 8 Bath Buddies so after my coupons for those I had another .24 overage meaning before tax the Diaper Champ was $6.98 and everthing else was free!!

Also found a Boon Flo that was marked down to 30% off that I had been thinking about getting anyway, if it's still there at 50%. I really need something to cover the bath spout so this might be a cheap and cool option. Anyone have one of these?

We bought an inflatable spout cover for $2.50 and have had it for 4 years now...works FAB!!!

Saw 750GB external Hard Drives, still 30%. Hope they go lower soon!!!

So I'm really cheap -- I want to use a ton of those Target Cheetos Qs ($1 off- no size restriction) and buy the single-serving packs -- 'cause my DD has to bring Cheetos for 15 kids to a school event this weekend. I figured I'd buy the small packs and combine them all into a Ziploc bag, thereby saving myself a grand total of maybe $5 (on two big bags) ... but I doubt I can walk in there with 10 or 20 Target Qs and get away with it; I'd have to make at least a couple or three trips, so am I really saving money?

Tell me no, so I just buy the big size and get a buck off. I feel so weird, though, knowing I could get something for free, but deciding against it!!!

So I'm really cheap -- I want to use a ton of those Target Cheetos Qs ($1 off- no size restriction) and buy the single-serving packs -- 'cause my DD has to bring Cheetos for 15 kids to a school event this weekend. I figured I'd buy the small packs and combine them all into a Ziploc bag, thereby saving myself a grand total of maybe $5 (on two big bags) ... but I doubt I can walk in there with 10 or 20 Target Qs and get away with it; I'd have to make at least a couple or three trips, so am I really saving money?

Tell me no, so I just buy the big size and get a buck off. I feel so weird, though, knowing I could get something for free, but deciding against it!!!

I used 10 at once and had no problem, the cashier acted a bit put out but did it without question. Now each time I go in I get 5 or so to stock up for when my family comes for spring break next week since my husband keeps grabbing a bag to take to work.

If it bothers you, just buy some, take them to the car. Go back and go through a different register...

Ok, so an update on the "web coupon" issue. I e-mailed Target and got a generic letter like the one printed earlier. Now I e-mailed details, store, cashier #, date, etc. and in the form letter is says something like...If you'd like to tell us about a specific incident....Hello, I did. Anyhow, now I have the form letter with the CS person's e-mail addy on it to carry around. So, basically, I got no where. I'll got to Target again on Fri. and see if they give me a hard time again. I've gotta find some young guy cashier, they usually don't care and just ring it up. I've had two problems now, and both are with elderly women cashiers, figure.

:mad:Ooohhhhh...I am steaming mad!!!! :mad: I went to a store 25 miles out of my way because they had those $1 GE lightbulbs (from last week) in stock. Anyway, I get the bulbs and go to check out w/a raincheck where they tell me I can't use all my coupons because I would be getting the lightbulbs for free. (Duh! Point of using coupons) I have them call the "manager" over and she explains to me that they have the right to limit quantity purchased AND coupons used. She then informs me that I could buy 9 bulbs BUT could ONLY use 4 coupons!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! They treated me like I was stealing money from them!!! ARGHHHH!! :gdangry4:

So I called customer service (after I got home) and she in turned called the "manager" at the store who said she had the right to limit quantities.....HELLO NOT THE ISSUE :chairshot!!!!! Anyway, no resolution except to confirm that they CANNOT limit coupons. What good is customer service if they can't even say something like...."We sorry you had a bad experience and we'll retrain on coupon policy"???? No it was like well, sorry you have such rotten luck but hey, what are you gonna do? :banghead:

Okay, done venting....thanks for "listening".

###- Bluetooth Headsets for Cell Phone - 30% off

Is it me or is Target starting to SUCK :confused:

I just do not see any great deals there lately and the joy is out of perimeter perusing lately :P

I agree they seam to drag out the 50% off period for like a month as apposed to the week it use to be

Graco Travelite pack & play $22

http://www.target.com/Graco-Travel-Lite-Crib-Phoebe/dp/B001F6WJKC/qid=1238025098/ref=br_1_12/181-1368699-5668860?ie=UTF8&node=1041924&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Strange the items full price at one store are full price at another. I thought I got lucky and found more Oxy mandoline slicers but they were $40. Deals are few and far beween. Nothing I need or want. Maybe people are buying everything at 50%. They don't even stock the sale items. Only a few razors left, and now they are gone.;) Kitchen reset has lower shelves & not much stock.

I found a tassimo coffee maker tonight for $24.88 and grabbed it and the coffee pods but got it home and it sucks. I have the Keurig and it is far superior to this product.

Also had problems with the target printables for the applesauce. The lady said well we aren't a super target. I said but they are on targets website. They finally figured a way to get them to work by putting them in manually under store coupon but you would have thought I was stealing from them.

I found a tassimo coffee maker tonight for $24.88 and grabbed it and the coffee pods but got it home and it sucks. I have the Keurig and it is far superior to this product.

Also had problems with the target printables for the applesauce. The lady said well we aren't a super target. I said but they are on targets website. They finally figured a way to get them to work by putting them in manually under store coupon but you would have thought I was stealing from them.

My Target isn't a super target and the coupons scan just fine. I think they were making it a bigger deal than need be.

Graco Travelite pack & play $22

http://www.target.com/Graco-Travel-Lite-Crib-Phoebe/dp/B001F6WJKC/qid=1238025098/ref=br_1_12/181-1368699-5668860?ie=UTF8&node=1041924&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Strange the items full price at one store are full price at another. I thought I got lucky and found more Oxy mandoline slicers but they were $40. Deals are few and far beween. Nothing I need or want. Maybe people are buying everything at 50%. They don't even stock the sale items. Only a few razors left, and now they are gone.;) Kitchen reset has lower shelves & not much stock.

That is a really great price on the Travel Lite Crib. I've been looking for one, but haven't seem the "Phoebe" pattern here in DFW area. I wonder if any of the other Travel Lites are marked down? Has anyone seen any?

I found 2 red MMs this evening!!! They were right on the front of the shelf! I totally feel like I belong ot some sort of secret club now. Will someone teach me the secret handshake?

Oh its far more impressive than just a hand shake... its the Happy Dance:2wiggle::2wiggle::2wiggle: followed by a quiet giggle all the way to the cashier!!! congrats!!!

I got the 2 womens schick razors today. I used 2 manuf. q's for $4 ea and got a $5 target gc back. So it was .98 each for the razors that were on sale for $6.98. I also picked up Bolt and used my $5 off printable q but no peelies for Lilo & Stitch anywhere. I checkd regular and blue ray both. I passed on Lilo since the $6 q was no where to be found. Other that those 2 deals, nothing much to speak of.