Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Does anyone have a PDF of the Leapfrog Tag MQ? The link does not work for the ones on the site and I cant find it - I was hoping to get a great deal on one of these for Christmas for my little one! Thanks!

http://www.leapfrog.com/etc/medialib...0For%20Tag.pdf

Make sure you use the coupon from the Target Toys book to, it will bring the price down to 8.99 ( they are on sale for 28.99)

http://www.leapfrog.com/etc/medialib...0For%20Tag.pdf

Make sure you use the coupon from the Target Toys book to, it will bring the price down to 8.99 ( they are on sale for 28.99)

Are you referring to the Tag or Tag Jr. at the price of $28.99?

Just wondering if I missed something. I bought the Tag last week after both coupons it was $19.99. My friend bought the Jr. and after both coupons it was $8.99.

just got back..

tried to do the price match on the TRU ad for the leapfrog Alphabet Pal for $10.49 (2 day ad) and was going to use the $10 TQ to make it $0.49!

but they wouldn't price match doorbusters as apparently is stated on their price match guarantee (the FAQ section)

:mad:

:gdparanoid: I had a similar issue...I was at my local Target today (Watertown, NY) and they REFUSED to price match the Leapfrog Zippity, Tag Jr books (and anything else) with the TRU toy book! They said they don't price match with TRU because the store is outside of their "local market". The closest TRU store is in Clay, NY - about 40 miles away. The TRU toy book was in our local paper with their ad and was mailed to many of my friends in the area. I was livid!

Has anyone ever heard of this? I asked to speak with the manager at customer service and she was the manager. I asked how they defined "local market" and to see the policy in writing but - they could not produce one. I know the Watertown and Clay stores are in the same corporate regional market and overseen by the same district manager. Why is it different on the customer service side? Any ideas if I should pursue this issue with this store?

Thanks for listening!!!!!

Are you referring to the Tag or Tag Jr. at the price of $28.99?

Just wondering if I missed something. I bought the Tag last week after both coupons it was $19.99. My friend bought the Jr. and after both coupons it was $8.99.

sorry. ment the tag jr, but the link for the MQ can be used for both

i just got 3 of the leapfrog Alphabet Pals for 1.54 after tax at my local target.

I tried to get one of the Alphabet Pals today. When I checked out I used the coupon then they told me I would have to go to customer service for the price match. But on my receipt it was already discounted to 9.98 because of the coupon so I didn't think they would do it. Did you check out at customer service?

Zune Car Pack was 69.99 now 17.48 # 057-10-1216

Zune AC Adpater was 29.99 now 7.48 # 057-10-1214

Also found a twin size inflatable air matress originally 18.99 clearanced 4.72. This will go great with the tent and sleeping bag I'm getting DH for Christmas!

I got the Zune AC Adapter for $3.74 this morning. Was going over there as they were marking things down as I saw it yesterday but I was with my daughter and it was $7.48. Glad I waited.

several hours and 3 targets later...

I come home empty handed and $#%@^! pissed! Everywhere explicitly refused to honor the TRU 2-Day "Doorbuster" sale even with the Price Match Policy in hand! Two of the Target stores had the same price match policy posted at Guest Services but they pulled out a "store copy" of the price match policy that had color graphics. In this "store copy" it clearly stated that they were not to honor "timed sales/events" (such as 5am-10am) or "earlybird/doorbuster" sales. I asked why the public price match policy did not state any of that and they each told me that it was "up to corporate!" I demanded they honor their price match policy that they post publicly in their stores and online and they would not because the "store copy" states that they don't need to. I understand if its policy but they should have the common sense to post their actual policy in place of the stripped down version to not have more issues like this!

I called Guest Services (the 800 #) and complained to them and THEY AGREED WITH THE STORE! I was baffled and offended when they told me they were "sorry the price match policy was not clear to you." :shock:

How could it be clear to ANYONE if they don't post it ANYWHERE that they don't match doorbusters but instead of following the publicly posted Price Match Guarantee they follow the Corporate "store copy" only!

I just wanted some Alphabet Pals for my niece and my friends' baby.

I remember how much it sucked working there when I was in college but since then I always thought the shopping experience was as close to great customer service as it should be.

After tonight, I don't know anymore... :(

I tried to get one of the Alphabet Pals today. When I checked out I used the coupon then they told me I would have to go to customer service for the price match. But on my receipt it was already discounted to 9.98 because of the coupon so I didn't think they would do it. Did you check out at customer service?

yes i checked out at customer service.

I called Guest Services (the 800 #) and complained to them and THEY AGREED WITH THE STORE! I was baffled and offended when they told me they were "sorry the price match policy was not clear to you." :shock:

How could it be clear to ANYONE if they don't post it ANYWHERE that they don't match doorbusters but instead of following the publicly posted Price Match Guarantee they follow the Corporate "store copy" only!

I remember how much it sucked working there when I was in college but since then I always thought the shopping experience was as close to great customer service as it should be.

You need to contact the state attorney general with the complaint. And anyone else should as well. While it may or may not be a legal issue, the AG is the one who goes after these kinds of things and gets them fixed. I understand if they have the policy, but they need to make it clear. Here is a link to the CA complaint form online. Most states probably have them, just search for your state attorney general complaint form.

http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

I come home empty handed and $#%@^! pissed! Everywhere explicitly refused to honor the TRU 2-Day "Doorbuster" sale even with the Price Match Policy in hand! Two of the Target stores had the same price match policy posted at Guest Services but they pulled out a "store copy" of the price match policy that had color graphics. In this "store copy" it clearly stated that they were not to honor "timed sales/events" (such as 5am-10am) or "earlybird/doorbuster" sales. I asked why the public price match policy did not state any of that and they each told me that it was "up to corporate!" I demanded they honor their price match policy that they post publicly in their stores and online and they would not because the "store copy" states that they don't need to. I understand if its policy but they should have the common sense to post their actual policy in place of the stripped down version to not have more issues like this!

It seems there has been a lot of recent problems with Target's new price matching policy. I know the policy is new this year and this is the first holiday shopping season to test it. However, if there are this many discouraged customers just on the message board, think of how many are really out there. We should all flood the website with emails and start calling the Target 800# to complain. It's also helpful for find out the name and contact info of your specific stores' district manager and call or write them. I also agree with contacting the Attorney General. Good luck.

finally found a halfway good clearance at my Target tonight on Xbox 360 games- they had added a lot more titles that the last couple of weeks- found two that my son would probably play- A Tom Clancy game (that one has been there a while but he saw it and said he would like to play it) and Lego Star Wars. One was 14.98 and one was 13.98 and got to use my 10 off coupon!

Thanks for the info on the Leap Frog coupons, whoever posted that...I got Scout for $5.99 between the price cut, $5 Target coupon, and $4 LF coupon...now if I could just find Violet, for my own baby, I'd be all set...went to three Targets today, and no one had it...

Now my price match for Guess Who Extra, is another story, and a nightmare! I'd left my TRU ad to PM out in the car by accident, so before I went back out there and then back into the store to check out with the game, (I already had things in the cart, and was thinking I'd have to check out twice), I asked the cashier where to get the PM, and she said Guest Services...OK, so I went back to toys, got the game, and checked out, figuring I'd go thru the checkout only once now, then go to the van and get the ad, and go to GS...well, you'd have thought that I was asking them to tell me what the value of Pi was, down to the 15th decimal place! Holy crap, it's BASIC MATH, people! Target sold the game for $24.99, then they had the $5 off coupon, making it $19.99...TRU had it for $16.99...so match their price, and honor the coupon, right? The person there had to call a manager because she was trying to give me $3 credit, and I called her on it, and said that just because the cashier couldn't do the adjustment, I shouldn't get burned on the coupon, and that they needed to honor the coupon, as well...so the first manager comes over...he apparently can't figure it out, so a second manager comes over, and she tells me the $5 came off at the end, and that I paid $19.99 so the difference was $3...no sh!t, Sherlock...so I had to explain, yes, you sold it for $24.99...TRU sells it for $16.99...if this was done at the register, the cashier would have PM'd the $16.99 price, and then taken off the coupon...I kid you not, I was there for 15 minutes with this...my ds kept whining "when are we going to go?" And I kept telling him, "when they can figure out how to do this and give me my $$ back!" I cannot believe it took THREE people, and basically ME TELLING THEM how to do their job to get this fixed! I told one of them that they must not be getting many requests for PMs these days, and he said they were getting lots, esp with the $5 coupons...well I can't possibly be the ONLY PERSON they've had this issue with!! Good grief...

Thanks for the info on the Leap Frog coupons, whoever posted that...I got Scout for $5.99 between the price cut, $5 Target coupon, and $4 LF coupon.

Where did you find the coupons? I haven't been able to pull up the Leapfrog coupons off their site for days. I really want some Tag book q's and would repurchase Violet if I could get an extra $4 off.

Where did you find the coupons? I haven't been able to pull up the Leapfrog coupons off their site for days. I really want some Tag book q's and would repurchase Violet if I could get an extra $4 off.

That's what I was coming on here for, too. I finally decided I'd get a Tag but figured it was a silly purchase without the books. Anyone have a scan of the Tag book coupon since the link isn't working?

THANKS!

Niccole :gdflower3:

It's not titled scout or violet...I think it says something like text something or other...just go down the list of coupons on there...I want to say it's like the third from the bottom of the list...you have to read the coupon, too, because it'll only show a picture of the text n learn toy, or whatever it's called, but when you read the coupon, it includes Scout and Violet...

Now if someone could just help me find Violet, I'd be happy! LOL

It's not titled scout or violet...I think it says something like text something or other...just go down the list of coupons on there...I want to say it's like the third from the bottom of the list...you have to read the coupon, too, because it'll only show a picture of the text n learn toy, or whatever it's called, but when you read the coupon, it includes Scout and Violet...

Now if someone could just help me find Violet, I'd be happy! LOL

Thanks. It took me awhile, but I found it!

Target will take expired coupons? I've never tried.

I understand the frustration with this, as I too was unable to get this and when I tried to find one I was told by the CS guy they are not PMing the door buster deals from that TRU ad.

Though I don't think I would personally gone through everything you went through, I mean really .49 for the alphabet pal is just a crazy price (I bet it costs more than that to make). We are trying to get these with a technicality on them not posting the rules for customers. Still these are at a reasonable price after coupon anyway.

I shop Target a ton and get all types of deals there, I know I will get many more deals there especially on BF as well. I look at it as don't sweat the small stuff and this is a small stuff thing.

But again I think changes to the posted PM rules need to be public. Contacting the Attorney General is a good way to go about it, and will contact mine as well to report the issues with the Target PM policy posting.

Can someone explain to me how to check the DPCI on the scanners? I always hear people tlk about that, but never know how to do it. TIA.

You need a scanner with a number pad on the side. Then just type in the DCPI and it will come up with all the info just as if you had scanned the item itself.

You need a scanner with a number pad on the side. Then just type in the DCPI and it will come up with all the info just as if you had scanned the item itself.

i only realized this number thing a few days ago, i seriously thought everyone had newer targets or something. I was expecting a number pad, like keyboard or atm and they're just all in a row. it was big EUREEKA moment :)

quick question....

I posted this in the Toy Book thread, but haven't had any replies: I bought 2 UP movies yesterday, with a bunch of other stuff, and used the 10/2 TQ since my store has been OOS on Monsters Inc. Not sure how my coupons applied to my transaction though. All my coupons beeped through- MQs and TQs, but I don't see any "target coupons" listed except for my reusable bags. Can I assume that they all applied since they all beeped?

Help from the Target gurus please ;)