Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I did not see any today. I saw mostly iDogs, a few babydolls, a couple of baby toys, a lot of little playdoh stocking-stuffer sized things, and a few other random things. There were some clearance tags in the aisles, though, and I didn't walk down each one to see what was clearanced. I did look at the Star Wars section and didn't see any clearance there.

Thank you! I have a little guy who loves all things GI Joe and Star Wars right now.:)

Stopped in a SuperCenter store In Atwater CA, today and they had a bunch of PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS games on clearance that I had never seen on clearance before. They even had Guitar Hero World Tour kit(guitar, drums, microphone, game) for $29.99!!!!

Stopped in a SuperCenter store In Atwater CA, today and they had a bunch of PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS games on clearance that I had never seen on clearance before. They even had Guitar Hero World Tour kit(guitar, drums, microphone, game) for $29.99!!!!

What system was the kit for? Looking for Wii or 360, but won't make a special trip if it wasn't one of those...TIA

So my kids have been talking about these crazy zhu zhu pets. I had never actually seen one, but heard that people were all but selling their first born children to get one. I just told my girls not to count on everything they ask for cause I am totally not a nutso momma who waits in line for a toy and certainly not an oversized cat toy!

I had to return some stuff today at Target (haven't been in a really long time). Anyway, I overheard the CS person telling grandma in front of me that they just got 'some' in and they are back in the toy aisle on an end cap. Curiosity got the best of me (I kinda wondered if "some" meant zhu zhus), so I wandered back and sure enough, there was a shelf of gerbils or mice or whatever they actually are. How convenient that they had 3 colors available. I have 3 kids. What a great mom I get to be this Christmas and I didn't even have to stand in line!

A group of other moms as puzzled as myself kind of stood there shaking their heads like, "all this commotion for THIS?" LOL... of course we all walked away with some!

Anyway, this was at Blue Valley ST. They are gone though. The lady in line behind me at checkout told me there weren't anymore.

I guess if ya just wait long enough, the hot toys COME to you!! NOTHIN' much else there that was too exciting at this store.

I'm wondering if anyone has the Wii Dance Dance Revolution... not the Disney one, but this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51motkHweXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It says it comes with a controller. Is that a basic ole Wii controller that can be used with other Wii games? We have 2 but I'd like a 3rd one. So, if it's this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Mxv09s5bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

...then that's a pretty good deal cause the whole thing was 1/2 price... $35 I think? It's gotten pretty good reviews on Amazon and given that controllers alone are $40, it seems like a good deal, but then maybe I have it all wrong and am confused about exactly what is in this box. So, if anyone has it and can tell me before I open it, I would really appreciate it!!

So my kids have been talking about these crazy zhu zhu pets. I had never actually seen one, but heard that people were all but selling their first born children to get one. I just told my girls not to count on everything they ask for cause I am totally not a nutso momma who waits in line for a toy and certainly not an oversized cat toy!

I had to return some stuff today at Target (haven't been in a really long time). Anyway, I overheard the CS person telling grandma in front of me that they just got 'some' in and they are back in the toy aisle on an end cap. Curiosity got the best of me (I kinda wondered if "some" meant zhu zhus), so I wandered back and sure enough, there was a shelf of gerbils or mice or whatever they actually are. How convenient that they had 3 colors available. I have 3 kids. What a great mom I get to be this Christmas and I didn't even have to stand in line!

A group of other moms as puzzled as myself kind of stood there shaking their heads like, "all this commotion for THIS?" LOL... of course we all walked away with some!

Anyway, this was at Blue Valley ST. They are gone though. The lady in line behind me at checkout told me there weren't anymore.

I guess if ya just wait long enough, the hot toys COME to you!! NOTHIN' much else there that was too exciting at this store.

There is another thread about zhu zhus only, and they seem to be showing up everywhere here at the last minute before Christmas. I've seen them at my 2 stores here that I go to every morning after dropping off the kiddos at school for 3 days in a row. They are getting them daily at TRU and Walmart is supposed to have them all next week too. I think the manufacturer must have finally gotten caught up with demand.

But....your kids don't know that... so you STILL get to be the coolest mom around. :yup:

I was at the Tustin store in the Marketplace today in the 75% Patio Clearance they have about 4 of the Pembrooke patio sets (tables and chairs), a Sean Conway Triverton table and the chairs, a couple of the loveseats (about &65 each), and the rattan looking deep seating with orange cushions--the sectional peices and loveseat (similar pricing). A LOT of the patio clearance is marked at the 50% off price, some of it is 50%, I was told the above items are 75% off. The 38" tables are half off.

I was at the Tustin store in the Marketplace today in the 75% Patio Clearance they have about 4 of the Pembrooke patio sets (tables and chairs), a Sean Conway Triverton table and the chairs, a couple of the loveseats (about &65 each), and the rattan looking deep seating with orange cushions--the sectional peices and loveseat (similar pricing). A LOT of the patio clearance is marked at the 50% off price, some of it is 50%, I was told the above items are 75% off. The 38" tables are half off.

I am confused, I don't think the stores here have had patio stuff since before Christmas, when it went 75% off. Is this at stores with an outside garden/patio section (do they still have those? I know several stores that got rid of those sections to expand the inside store). I did see that some garden stuff and solar light sets are going clearance.

Video games were marked down further today at my store- the sign said 25% off, but most were 75% off. I got NHL 10 for 12.48

Thanks for the heads up, got a last minute game for DH for CHEAP and an extra one for ME! Hope the pathetic computer can play them...

I noticed some of the toys on endcaps are 50% off even though the endcaps said 30%. I saw Twilight dolls and some Japanese-looking house/playset thingees (sorry, not up on my toys, not sure what they are called), among others.

I am confused, I don't think the stores here have had patio stuff since before Christmas, when it went 75% off. Is this at stores with an outside garden/patio section (do they still have those? I know several stores that got rid of those sections to expand the inside store). I did see that some garden stuff and solar light sets are going clearance.

Seems to be in the warmer areas. We have it here in CA and the other poster was in FL.

Not too exciting at my nearest Target today, but I did get a box of six fireplace logs. They burn for 4 hours each and the price was $4.88. Regular price was $19.99.

Wow! wish I had seen those. We are expecting 8-11 inches of snow in the next 36 hours. I was out looking for logs this morning just in case we lose power.

i'm in texas wearing shorts and no patio furniture!

Ah, but are you in South or North. I wouldn't be surprised if they have it in Houston and down to toward Brownsville. But not up around Austin or north of there. But even Houston gets cold and ice storms in the winter, and we only get those every 50 years or so in LA. They are doing clearance now, but they'll be bringing in the new stuff before you blink!

I don't get it either, I'm in North Texas and have way more use for patio furniture now than I would have in central California where I am from, because winter is the rainy season in CA. Maybe it's only southern CA where there is patio selection year round?

On a related note, I saw garden and outdoor items 50% off (hoses, some tools, sprinklers, solar lights). Furniture from the schmancy Christmas section was 30% (end tables, ottomans).

Is anyone hiding their Christmas GOTTA HAVES for the day after 50% off? The only thing I have hiding is the Christmas Cars set that has McQueen and others in the box. There were only two on the Christmas aisle and I hid it two weeks ago. I checked yesterday and its still in my spot..but the one we left is gone..so either someone bought it or hid it too. I'm making a list of little things I need to hide this week incase I can't make it there at opening.