Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Called two stores in Elgin, IL and South Elgin, IL. Both "still at 75%". The people on the phone seemed like they were asked the question a million times today!

Interesting how it is not a national clearance schedule, I bet it has something to do with inventory levels or even manager discretion.

Guess I'm trying tomorrow once I drop my wife off at work!

Thanks for the post. Best of luck to you tomorrow. If I get out today, I will scan items and post if it's 90%. Sometimes they just give any answer by phone.

I wonder if that means the Cordova, TN Targets are still 75%. I really don't feel like driving crosstown to Collierville.

Babs

Colonial and Forest Hill/Irene are 90%. Cordova is still 75. I asked the manager at Horn Lake what the difference was and he said that corporate told them Sunday to Tuesday, depending on their inventory. Olive Branch will go Monday, Horn Lake won't go until Tuesday.

The manager (Mike) at Olive Branch is very helpful and extremely talkative. No offense Mike. I love you!!! The toy department resets this week and next week in waves. So some of the toys will go to 75% this week and others won't go until next week.

Hope that helps my fellow Memphians. Welcome Rochelle. Hi Rachel!!!

The goldfish crackers are in a regular sized box that stands upright. It looks holiday-like, with red and green on the packaging. I think the goldfish has a Santa hat on. It says the crackers are holiday designs and shows a tree and a stocking shape cracker. You'll know it when you see it. Look on end-caps in the food area (where they were at 75% off in my store in great quantity) or in the regular cracker aisle. There are also Snowflake Ritz crackers to look for, if you like those...have fun!

Thank you very much for the detailed description!

I guess there were none to be found at Clifton, NJ :)

90% off in North Texas. Not a lot left, which is surprising since there was a ton on Saturday, however I was able to get all my wrapping needs for next year. The new Global Bazaar (I can't help calling it that) looks nice, very "Elle Decor"-ish.

Which North Texas store was it? TIA

If anyone happens to find any more Electrasol there is a coupon in today's paper for $2.50 off, so that would be 2 free boxes at 75% off. If you missed the holiday boxes, Target has the 20 ct on sale this week for $3.25 so that's still only .75 a box!

I just went to our store and it sure looked as if it should be 90%, there is less then half of what there was yesterday! But still 75%.

Finally 90% at one store in my area !!! Lots of sock. Saved $800 :holiday16

I want to thank the person who returned all the delicious gormet holiday treats,and the person who left the kisses for me. :gdthankyou: I was also able to get the reynolds plastic wrap 90% off. Rang at 3.09 grat cashier adjusted to .31.:D

Which North Texas store was it? TIA

Sorry folks, I know a couple of you asked...I was doing the TdeT (Tour de Target).

West Plano and Richardson were 90%. Frisco and Plano (the regular Target) were only 75%.

Honestly, I didn't get much, nothing to get too excited about. No pre-lit trees, just a couple of fiber optic ones. Lots of very plain-looking wreaths and garlands. Not much in the way of decor or pre-boxed gifts. No lights or ornaments other than plain ones. Lots of wrapping stuff, but all pretty basic.

Ah well, I had fun anyway - the thrill of the hunt. ;)

Colonial and Forest Hill/Irene are 90%. Cordova is still 75. I asked the manager at Horn Lake what the difference was and he said that corporate told them Sunday to Tuesday, depending on their inventory. Olive Branch will go Monday, Horn Lake won't go until Tuesday.

The manager (Mike) at Olive Branch is very helpful and extremely talkative. No offense Mike. I love you!!! The toy department resets this week and next week in waves. So some of the toys will go to 75% this week and others won't go until next week.

Hope that helps my fellow Memphians. Welcome Rochelle. Hi Rachel!!!

Hey, it's Rachele. I met you this morning. Thanks for introducing me to this site. I had to register under another name. I was able to find a several bath sets untouched at the Collierville store. $16.99 to $1.69. I got several and I'll be glad to share with you. Let me know. Thanks again for info about this site. Maybe one day we can tag team it together.

I went this AM. Ours was still 75%.

Didnt find much on clearance, but found 4 MM. Its been along time since Ive found any, so I was excited.

Can I ask where you went in Kansas??? KC metro area?? I heard that the ST on 119th/Blue Valley pkwy was at 90%. I haven't made it out today.

We have 2 Super and 1 reg Target nearby. One Super was 90% the rest were 75%.

At the 90% I found several High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Camp Rock items. Snow globes, picture frames, make-up sets. I picked up enough to put together gift sets for upcoming birthdays. (I have a 10 year old daughter and she always had parties to go to...)

I was really happy to come across some Folk Collection by Willi Raye items. Hoping to find more!

The Dollar Spot was a goldmine this time around. My 3 year old daughter will be turning 4 on Jan 31st and so I bought all of her goodie bag items there. Hello Kitty, little toys and books. I also have a really nice stash of Camp Rock and batteries too. I only spent $60 something and saved well over $400! Yea Me! :yelclap:

The Target closes to my home still has some iron pine cone items I am too cheap to spend $5.00 each on so I am REALLY hoping they go 90% tomorrow. Otherwise I am set!

I love you guys! Thank you soooo much for the tips and the heads up on many items that I would have never thought of looking for. I love treasure hunting!

:thumbsup:

Watchung, NJ was 90% this afternoon. Not much left on the shelves at all BUT there are things scattered all over the store. Red boxed items in carts in almost every department, piles of x-mas stuff near the scanners, and 5 carts of x-mas stuff in the front near customer service waiting to go back to the dept.

Christmas was 75% in Kohler, WI today as of noon. I mentioned to the cashier that I was looking for 90% and she heard something about not today. Guess I'll be back in the morning. And maybe the next day. And later in the week to check on toys. I think maybe I'll just move in, lol.

I saw some bath and makeup sets in the toy dept. And a few in the baby dept. Kinda weird places to put them, IMHO. The were red-stickered at 15-15% off.

Clearance toys were mostly 30%. The weird thing is there were quite a few that were right next to 30% signs, and the price stickers had a little "30" on it, but they were really 50%. Nothing I wanted though. I'm glad that I cruised through that dept. There were several toys that had 10 or more on the shelf and only one box (or one row of boxes) had a clearance sticker on it. If they don't get around to stickering them before the big day I might have a better chance of getting the things that I want. Usually this store is right on top of things, so they will probably fix that. I did check out Elmo Live, but he doesn't seem to be joining the clearance toys quite yet. Oh well, I guess we didn't need him anyways.

Just an FYI. I went to the second Pasadena, CA store today, and they are still 75%. They didn't have much left, so I don't think stock has that much to do with it.

Anyone on here go to San Dimas, La Verne or Diamond Bar stores? I'm heading over that way tomorrow and was hoping for a report. LV usually goes later than the other two.

Hey everybody,

Check the candle section for Xmas candles at 90% stores. I just bought enough candles to last me for a year. I guess the stockers don't really pay attention. I bought a bunch of the soy candles for 1.xx each, and plenty of others for super cheap. I had a whole cart full. I also found two of the turtle wax kits for 2.99 each, a punch bowl for 2.99 and a full size sheet set for 1.99. Found lots more for super cheap and even found holiday cheese balls for 90% off! Expiration for those is OCT09 so I guess I have a while to eat them. Also, check the regular placemat area for seasonal thrown in. I paid .39 each for really nice ones that were mixed in. Also got a table cloth for 1.99 that I had left on the shelf a week ago. Bought a S & H wreath for 2.95- the cashier changed the price for me. Also got some of the "pineapple" silverware that was sitting on the shelf with all of the other silverware. Great day! Saved a LOT of $$$! Both of the stores I went to were 90% off (Riverdale NJ and Spring Valley, NY) however you really have to search to find deals.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the heads up on the black spot dollar spot being 75% off! I got literally hundreds of items there tonight for a quarter, and I had my 10% off card too! It was fun but I had to put virtual blinders on so I didn't notice the stares of all the people wondering why I was buying so many pairs of Christmas socks and Hello Kitty items! (don't worry, if you live near me I left some behind for others!) The socks are actually headed to Haiti via a missionary group I help with but I'm also stocking up for my kids' parties just like someone else said. I stocked up last year on quarter stuff like this too and I have had a lot of fun using it all year. Our holiday section is also 90% and only small stuff left but I did get 6 girls' shirts for $.49 each! :)

Just came back from the carson, ca target- 90% off! I braved the go back carts and found a lot of really good stuff. Thanks to whoever returned the reindeer, $70 to $6.99!!! People kept trying to take them out of my cart! Saved over $300.