What are some good Xmas cds??

sdigman6

I know I have one of the Very Special Christmas cd's (I think the first one...) and Another Rosie Christmas (funny stuff...but not if you're looking for classics)

Mostly I just keep the radio tuned to a station that plays nothing but Christmas music from Thanksgiving til Christmas. Big mix of stuff.

I will have to chek some of those out.

I went today to get the Kit Movie and found the 80's version of some Xmas songs stuff my kids would like it was 9.99. I played it in the car and it seems pretty good, its the stuff my kids would like so I know that will be a hit for them

thanks for those tips next time I am out I will have to see what I can find

:DI love Christmas CD's!! I collect them. Some of the best I have seen are the cheap compilation CD's. There is one called "Santa's Top 10" that Walmart carries at the holidays and it is awesome. Also, for many years the Citgo gas stations had some great ones they put out.

MY ALL TIME FAVORITES THOUGH ARE:

Alabama - Christmas (this has been my very favorite since I was little)

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas

Dr Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the live action movie)

The Jewel Christmas album is great too, so is the Destiny's Child, the Muppets w/ John Denver. Kenny G, Michael Bolton, Manheim Steamroller, and Trans Siberian Orchestra. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!

I know they've already been said, but the Very Special Christmas album series has a lot of classics and easy to listen to songs while you're wrapping, decorating, or entertaining. For whimsical winter nights at home, there's a Celebrity Christmas CD that I have around here... Maybe it's NBC celebrities and stars? John Lithgow I remember is one of the stars that sing on it.

Me and my kids love When my heart finds Christmas CD Harry Connick, Jr.

I also enjoy The Carpenters Christmas Portrait the most, then Old Fashion Christmas next.

Other than those, I listen to a mix of numerous songs that I compiled from various CD's Amy Grant, Natalie Cole, Vince Gill, Andy Williams, George Strait, Reba McIntyre, and many classics.

For some reason, I really love Andy Williams singing Winter Wonderland. :o

I absolutly adore Josh Groban's "Noel" Christmas CD (I think it was the top CD of all last year if I remember right). He is a classically trained singer so it has a old-fashion feel but modern!!

I also just picked up Kristin Chenoweth's "A Lovely Way To Spend Christmas" she is one of the stars on the TV show "Pushing Daisies" and is huge in the Broadway community and has an amazing voice.

I also can not do a Christmas without Alvin and the Chipmuck's Christmas CD!

I noticed while going through CD's the other day I have over 20 Christmas CD's. Its a wide variety but the ones that get the most play include:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (I must hear it once a week during the season)

Jingle All The Way Soundtrack (Its a good variety of classic and Brian Setzer)

Dr. Demento's Christmas Album (it has Cheech & Chong, The Makenzie Brothers and the singing dogs among others and Stan Freburg and Weird Al).

I also have Amy Grant, Relient K, and Sounds Of the Season cd's.

One day I WILL OWN a Bob Rivers CD as well as Da Yoopers.