What are some good Xmas cds??

sdigman6

I noticed while going through CD's the other day I have over 20 Christmas CD's. Its a wide variety but the ones that get the most play include:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (I must hear it once a week during the season)

Jingle All The Way Soundtrack (Its a good variety of classic and Brian Setzer)

Dr. Demento's Christmas Album (it has Cheech & Chong, The Makenzie Brothers and the singing dogs among others and Stan Freburg and Weird Al).

I also have Amy Grant, Relient K, and Sounds Of the Season cd's.

One day I WILL OWN a Bob Rivers CD as well as Da Yoopers.

I have 4 of the Bob Rivers CDs! I think I have at least 20 Christmas CD's, I like Trans-Siberian Orchestra also, I listened to Brad Paisleys Christmas CD a lot last year also, he's just easy to listen to....

I may be the odd one here. lol. I don't buy CD's. I just buy single songs on iTunes and then make a playlist, and then burn the playlist to a CD. Thats how I get the songs I like. I like the REALLY original things... and its hard to find now. But I do pretty good via iTunes.

EDIT: Thought I would throw this in there.. I found my old Chipmunk CASSETTE the other day when going through some things in my basement. We are finishing our basement and putting in a bar so I was moving things around when I ran across one of those old cassette cases. Weird little things. Had to call a friend to find something to play it through to transfer it to iTunes. lol. =) I'm a geek.. I know.

I may be the odd one here. lol. I don't buy CD's. I just buy single songs on iTunes and then make a playlist, and then burn the playlist to a CD. Thats how I get the songs I like. I like the REALLY original things... and its hard to find now. But I do pretty good via iTunes.

EDIT: Thought I would throw this in there.. I found my old Chipmunk CASSETTE the other day when going through some things in my basement. We are finishing our basement and putting in a bar so I was moving things around when I ran across one of those old cassette cases. Weird little things. Had to call a friend to find something to play it through to transfer it to iTunes. lol. =) I'm a geek.. I know.

Now I tend to buy the ones I like off itunes but I already had a stack of cd's from before I joined the MP3 era and sometimes there are enough that I like to make it worthwhile to either buy the cd or download the whole thing....

I know they are old - but I also love The Carpenter's Christmas CDs too!

That is my VERY favorite christmas music!!!! I have an old copy on casstte~ bought the cd but it didnt have all the same songs on it! Still use my old cassette tape some! But yes it is the best!

I think it was a few years back someone was remembering a song they heard as a kid during the holidays called Dominick the donkey. I had never heard this before.

Well last year a few weeks before Christmas, I was up in the Buffalo, New York area. I have never heard that song so much in a 2 day time span!

Right now - even though I am streaming a radio station at my workspace - that song is suck in my head!!! lol

.... but my verrrrrrry favorite is "December" by George Winston. :cool:

I totally agree with this-- memories of large family Christmases at my aunt's house, buried in a foot of fresh fallen snow at her house in upstate NY with this album playing while everyone was cooking all the Christmas goodies..it isn't Christmas with out these tracks. :fluffy:

Other albums/artists of note: Carpenter's Christmas Album, Amy Grant Christmas, Pottery Barn's "Hip Holidays", John Denver and the Muppets, Narada, Manheim Steamroller, The Polar Express Soundtrack, White Christmas soundtrack, Frank Sinatra Christmas, and many others...

I do love the christmas classics but I do agree with Trans Siberian Orchestra. They are fantastic. If you ever have the chance to see them live, go see them.

I just wanted to thank you for suggesting people see TSO live! It was amazing! What a treat! I had no idea how incredible a live show could be. I took a few far away videos with an older digital camera, but they still came out ok...

Mad Russian's Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FjQ05jtdw

Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wokk-ZJjijs

Old City Bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwpjhZF6t4

Thanks again for this suggestion and anyone else who may be considering seeing one of their live concerts-GO you won't regret it!

Humbug Christmas,

Toby Kieth

New Song

Alabama Christmas

Clint Black

Alan Jackson Christmas

Amy Grant the spirit of Christmas

A Neil Diamond Christmas

Several Barry manilow christmas CD's

Several Disney Christmas

Billy Gilmore Christmas

25 happy Holiday fav

Martina Mcbride white Christmas

and of course TSO

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GJ2GVVM8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

QFT.

Also, the soundtrack to Elf (not the score; very important) is terrific. Any of The Brian Setzer Orchestra's Xmas albums are great. Give Ultimate Soul Christmas a spin. And, if you can find it (Amazon might still have some), Blame It On Christmas!, Vol 1 (I don't think there was ever a Volume 2) is super-crazy gonzo fun.

Oh, and Bob Rivers makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

No Bob Rivers fans yet?!?!?

that fella makes the holidays fun!

Also...got to get a little Tom Lehrer as well....Basically anything that has been on Dr Demento since he was on the radio, is in my collection.

-Mike

Alas, Tom Lehrer (who is like unto a GOD) only has the one Xmas song. :(

I grew up with my mom listening to tapes of the Johnny Mathis & Tony Bennett xmas albums in the car, so I still love those. Soundtracks are always good - I love the xmas music from the Home Alone movies! Overall, though, my personal fave is probably Mariah Carey's.

Every year for xmas I burn a new CD or two with what I consider my 'essential' Christmas songs - this year's playlist:

1. All Alone on Christmas (Darlene Love)

2. All I Want for Christmas is You (Mariah Carey)

3. Calypso Noel (Johnny Mathis)

4. Christmas Canon (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)

5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Frank Sinatra)

6. Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)

7. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (Johnny Mathis)

8. Little Saint Nick (Beach Boys)

9. My Grown-Up Christmas List (Kelly Clarkson)

10. My Only Wish This Year (Britney Spears)

11. New York City Christmas (Rob Thomas)

12. O Holy Night (Mariah Carey)

13. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee)

14. Run Rudolph Run (Chuck Berry)

15. Where Are You Christmas? (Faith Hill)

16. White Christmas (The Drifters)

No Bob Rivers fans yet?!?!?

that fella makes the holidays fun!

Also...got to get a little Tom Lehrer as well....Basically anything that has been on Dr Demento since he was on the radio, is in my collection.

-Mike

Bob Rivers-- he's my hero! I have 4 of the holiday ones (that's 4 cd's). WOre out the first cassette that came out back in the 80's (I worked retail then so I fell in love with Wreck the Malls).

look at my Avatar for answer little Greasshopper. Oh and if you don"t the recognize the young picture of him, look at at stacyzk's post (could be stacykz). not sure. He'll make you fall in love all over again or even for the first time. Edited by krissy904