What city will you be this Black Friday? -- NOW WITH MAP! Post #71

ChristmasShopping

hmmmm does the economy & weather really make the lines shorter?? does it make the deals easier to snag too?? if so i just may change my travel plans....i've always heard the shopping in PA is good and i'm from Canada so i can handle your weather just fine :tongue1:

Well my experience is that in my area outside of the city (specifically NW) is much less hectic than the bigger shopping areas that most people gravitate to closer to the city. I moved back to the suburbs about 3 years ago and I have noticed a marked difference in the lines. I also saw that lines were shorter last year with the threat of snow, though it ended up just being snow flurries all night. If you did decide to head this direction for shopping you could also choose to try and stop at the outlet stores north of Pittsburgh (about an hour north on I-79 ) I believe they start their sales at midnight.

Well... I will most likely stay around the downriver area of Michigan (wayne Co.) Taylor,Riverview,Lincoln Park and... surrounding area's :) I will be moving around hopefully lol :eyepoppin

Me too! Most likely Allen Park (Great new plaza), Woodhaven, Southgate, Michigan - Freezing as usual.

I will be in elkhart IN. I could really use a shopping partner. Female only! My partner has called her shopping trip off because she will be home with her children. I head out about 2 am and get home around 12 pm. I bring lots of coffee and hot chocolate with me.

Oh how cool-- thanks PP for the map!! :)

I'll start in Lawrenceburg, KY then go to Frankfort, KY. I much prefer this over going to the bigger areas (like Lexington or Louisville), as I'm more familiar with the area and can find basically all the stores I need in these 2 towns. Everything else (basically movies), I price match at Walmart!!