Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

90% for me today too....They brought a bunch of Keebler Club Crackers out with X-mas Designs...and each box wrang up for .03 each...They are the green boxes that you see in the grocery stores...

Also some Ritz Crackers with X-mas designs that wrang up for .27 each box...They are the big red boxes...

I had 2 shopping carts full of stuff and paid $31. I had to have help to my car...

Toys are now 50% off....I found some lego sets that wrang up for $4.95. Also found a Dora kitchen...Looked like an Internet return...It rang up for $9.77....Didnt buy it...as I have one at home...I figured I would leave it for someone who needed it...

Has anyone seen the holiday scrapbooking stuff go down more??

Im asking because I am kind of confused! On Tuesday I went to Target and only some of the holiday items were ringing up with any percent off. The two things I wanted badly--a set of holiday paints and stamps and another set were at regular price. I went again last night and they are still ringing up regular price as well as some stickers I had my eyes on. Any thoughts?? Why wouldnt they mark these down like the rest of the holiday stuff?

Side note in case this hasn't been mentioned, but there were tons of items marked down in the cooking aisles (looked to be 30%).

Our TOYS were confusing me as well : 1/2 of one side of an aisle marked 75% off--one side of an aisle marked 50% off and I think 2 more full aisles only marked at 30%! WTH??:confused:

Also saw a Thomas The Tank Wooden Train Set....It rang up for $11.77....I gave it to another lady whom I didnt even know...She was in tears trying to find another one...My girls arent in to Thomas that much....So I let her have it...Just wanted to give you the heads up.

My Target toys are marked 15%, 30% and some (very few) 50% -

My find of the day in toys was the Fisher-Price Twin Baby Doll Nursery Set w/dolls that was sold on Black Friday for $30.00 - got it for $7.48!!!! It had been moved to the 1st endcap - a saleslady said they had sold a ton of those this morning - I was there at 10:00 and there was only 1 left (and the box was all broken)!

My Target toys are marked 15%, 30% and some (very few) 50% -

My find of the day in toys was the Fisher-Price Twin Baby Doll Nursery Set w/dolls that was sold on Black Friday for $30.00 - got it for $7.48!!!! It had been moved to the 1st endcap - a saleslady said they had sold a ton of those this morning - I was there at 10:00 and there was only 1 left (and the box was all broken)!

- so that would have made it 75% off?!?!?!?!

Indiana Stores in the Indianapolis Area:

Avon (Super Target) - 75%

Plainfield - 75%

Southport (Greenwood) (Super Target?) - 75%

Greenwood (off of 135) (Super Target) - 75%

Eagle Creek (off of 465 & 38th st) - 75%

I will be calling in the morning to see if this has changed.

Is there a difference between Super Target and reg. Target? Do you think Super targets went 90% and just Target is still 75%?

Dont think so. Our Target is a Super Target and we are still at 75% .. at least at 9am this morning.

Im asking because I am kind of confused! On Tuesday I went to Target and only some of the holiday items were ringing up with any percent off. The two things I wanted badly--a set of holiday paints and stamps and another set were at regular price. I went again last night and they are still ringing up regular price as well as some stickers I had my eyes on. Any thoughts?? Why wouldnt they mark these down like the rest of the holiday stuff?

Side note in case this hasn't been mentioned, but there were tons of items marked down in the cooking aisles (looked to be 30%).

Our TOYS were confusing me as well : 1/2 of one side of an aisle marked 75% off--one side of an aisle marked 50% off and I think 2 more full aisles only marked at 30%! WTH??:confused:

Same thing happend with me! So I took what was ringing up @ 75% off to the cashier and then told her that the other stickers and craft kits are in the same place and are Christmas and she gave me 75% off!

I bought some scrapbooking things last week.. some were 75% some were regular price. When I got to the register.. I asked the clerk if these just forgot to get marked down... she said "yes probably because they certainly ARE Christmas and all Christmas (unless it has a red tag) are 75% off" so she adjusted the price. You might try that!!

Just got back from Target in Bedford, NH . They are 90% off !! Got some great deals. Also some toys are 75%. I also got the FP Little Mommy Twins set $7.48, they are marked $20.98 but ring in at $7.48. Also alot of the Enchanted toys are 75%. I got my 3 year old all kinds of the winter shirts for $0.50 a piece. Also lot sof shoes in clearance. I got three pair for the kids for $13. YAY !!!!! I am waiting for all the toys to drop.

I did have one issues while I was there. They had The Barbie Island Princess Vanity in with the marked down toys, but they only had one with no tag. So I took it to an team member and it rang in $69.98 original price. She sent me to Guest Services, cause all the other I sland Princess stuff is marked down. The lady at Guest Services told me No I was wrong...and offered 5% off. LOL I told her to keep it, I'd be back later when it was 75% !!!:yup:

ok - I haven't been on this thread lately but had to revisit to tell you all I got today! :) I strolled into my Ellicott City, MD Target at about 10 am, not expecting to find much and only had a tiny basket under my daughter's stroller to hold anything. Well, $30 and $300 worth of merchandise later I am one happy lady. I had to literally struggle to the cash register holding it all while keeping track of my preschooler and baby, but it was all worth it. I think the cashier was irritated I bought so much stuff that she might have wanted. :) Here is some of what I got for 90% off:

14+ girls' winter/holiday long sleeve tshirts - various sizes - $.49-$.50 each

2 infant snowflake pants $.49 each

4 glove box umbrellas in the red gift boxes - $.50 each

5 men's grooming kits in the red boxes - $.50 each

box of small fruity candy canes $.19

jumbo gift boxes $.19

6 vinyl snowman placemats (using these now!) $.19 each

Hershey kisses and snoball candy - $.29 /bag

star earrings $.29

Blues Clues See n Say keychain $.50

initial ornaments/stocking pins $.69

Spiderman santa hat $1.29

infant santa hat $.50 or so

ornaments $.29 - $.50

more I can't remember!

if your store is 90% off, make sure you check the men's dept and other areas for the red box items - all of what I found was in other areas besides the holiday section. The grooming kits were with the men's dept and the umbrellas were on an endcap near greeting cards!

anybody know if any stores in PDX metro area are down to 90%?

I have a lunch meeting and can't go check any stores out until after work. I'm chomping at the bit - hee hee

Thanks!

I'll let you know. ;) I'm headed out now to one real quick anyway.

Did you check the toys are they still 30%?

Yes, still 30% off. They had a lot of the toys in boxes. Several shelves were empty while they cleaned and rearranged. I did see a few at 50% off. I have a few things to return so I will check again today.

Ok, here's a nice little thing to do with Candy Canes, you can make them into hearts by gluing them together, just take two, hold them opposite each other and they form a heart, I glue them with glue (to the plastic) or you can attach with frosting if you want to take the wrappers off. I than hang them up in the kitchen etc..... Its a fun thing for Valentines day to use up old candy canes or when they clear out at 90%, fun decorations. Just something fun

Is there a difference between Super Target and reg. Target? Do you think Super targets went 90% and just Target is still 75%?

I think the difference between the 2 are they Super Targets have grocery stores...

I have both a Super Target and a regular store...and both went 90% off today...HTH.

Ok, here's a nice little thing to do with Candy Canes, you can make them into hearts by gluing them together, just take two, hold them opposite each other and they form a heart, I glue them with glue (to the plastic) or you can attach with frosting if you want to take the wrappers off. I than hang them up in the kitchen etc..... Its a fun thing for Valentines day to use up old candy canes or when they clear out at 90%, fun decorations. Just something fun

I love that idea!! :) The box of small one I got in pastel colors will be used as goody bag favors for my daughter's Wizard of Oz party in March. I figured they are close enough to be similar to the lollipops of Lollipop Guild fame. :)

I had something similar happen to me today that happened to KC-Traderbear. I got to the store around 8:30am and discovered the holiday stuff was 90% off (Greenwich Twp, NJ). There were only 10 people or so looking through the aisles. Lots of room to explore. There were 6 full aisles of stuff and the workers were bringing pallets out from the back. Most of the pallet items were the red-box men's gift items. I've never seen such a thing. It was like Christmas all over again. As the workers were opening boxes a few of us were standing there waiting to see what was in the boxes. The items didn't even make it to the shelves, they went right into carts. Here is a list of my bargains (totaling $45).

3 deluxe car trunk organizers $1 ea

3 sets of car cargo cubes $1 ea

2 automatic shoeshine kits $1 ea

1 set blendy pens .59

1 reading light .50

1 wireless rain gauge $2

2 electric coin sorter banks $1 ea

1 glovebox umbrella .50

2 Meguiars car wax kits $2.99 ea

3 Red cookie scoops .19 ea

2 Cranium Pop 2 $2.49 ea

4 sets of plastic juice cups (6 cups in ea) .19 ea

6 sets of plastic cereal bowls (6 bowls in ea) .19 ea

3 sets of gift boxes .19 ea

2 toddler holiday tees .50 ea

2 pack maybelline great lash (in silver box) .49

1 Cars ornament .69

2 Dora ornament sets .69 ea

1 metal teacher ornament $1.49

1 metal breast cancer ornament $1.49

3 outdoor digital timers $1.49 ea

3 scotch cutters .49 ea

Also grabbed suction cups, wrapping paper, ribbon, gift boxes, ornament hooks - all approx. .19 ea and silver box makeup kits at .19 ea

Definitely a great day to have off from work. I'm so lucky I was able to be at the store shortly after they opened. Good luck to everyone else out there waiting for 90%!

I love that idea!! :) The box of small one I got in pastel colors will be used as goody bag favors for my daughter's Wizard of Oz party in March. I figured they are close enough to be similar to the lollipops of Lollipop Guild fame. :)

You could make a heart and than glue a lollipop stick on it LOL