Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

You may want to check th El Con Target I was there yesterday and I saw a lot of ladies walking around with those in their carts, I'm not sure what % off they are, but may be worth checking. They also have a lot of toys, but the same as everywhere else some 30% and 50%, but not 75% yet.

Good Luck

Thank you for the feedback. I am planning on going out later on this afternoon/evening. I may even wait until tomorrow as for some reason, I'm feeling things aren't going to be reduced until tomorrow.

question have anyone notice the vsmile smartridges on clearance, and the vpocket, leapfrog?? when I was a target yesterday I notice they were more toys with red stickers, but I forgot to look. I was just so excited with the 90%off that I forgot

thanks

Collierville, TN Target on 90% Christmas this morning - not much to choose from!

Did get some Dora and Deigo mini ornaments

4 vinyl placemats

1 gold table runner

2 car wash gift boxes

and my find of the day................................

Thomas the Train Gift Set w/wooden storage box - rang up clearance price of $27 but she took 90% off after I asked if it were not clearance - so $2.?? for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, two quick questions:

#1 The other day at Target, they were stocking the shelves with tons of Holiday pack Huggies wipes. 45 count for $1.97 and the packs had snowmen and trees all over them. I asked the ee if those where full price and she said yes because they were winter not holiday items. Should I try to get a few and get them marked down at the register?

#2 I got a martini shaker for $4.50 the other day and found the same one at a different Target for $1.79 so I bought the cheaper one too. Now I can't find my receipt for the 1st one. If I have them look it up with me card, will they just give me back the $1.79.

In Jacksonville Florida I went to 3 targets since I live close to all 3, the regencey target had 75% yesterday at noon, stopped there at lunch time and not a lot left, got a beautiful wreath for $4.99 and a cherry wood jewlrey box for $3.99, went to the town center target after work and they had just taken out boxes from the back and everything was 90% got a cart full of stuff for $17.00 including 2 trees for $1.99 and about 30 packs of lights for .29 an hour later the isles were mostly empty, I did not have time to look around the store since dh was waiting for me at home. I did not go to the super target in Beach Blvd as I was there the night before and found some stuff at 75% but not much stuff left did get the pumkin pies for .49 and the 3 pack of planters peanut for $3.88, I am going to go to the San Jose this morning since what I am really after is the 71/2 pre-lit tree and I seen here that they had a few. Wish me luck. The only target I have not checked out is the one on 17 (Roosevelt) since that one is to far from me.

I have bought about 10 packs of the holiday pack of huggies wipes everytime I go to target with the $3.00 off cupon in every target I go I ask them if these would be on clearence since they obviously are christmas but not one of them have given me the discount.

?????

question have anyone notice the vsmile smartridges on clearance, and the vpocket, leapfrog?? when I was a target yesterday I notice they were more toys with red stickers, but I forgot to look. I was just so excited with the 90%off that I forgot

thanks

I saw ONE V Smile cartridge with a clearance sticker yesterday. LOL.

thanks

I saw a Make Way for Noddy Smartridge on clearance. One store I was at had it for $9.98 (half price).

Okay, two quick questions:

#1 The other day at Target, they were stocking the shelves with tons of Holiday pack Huggies wipes. 45 count for $1.97 and the packs had snowmen and trees all over them. I asked the ee if those where full price and she said yes because they were winter not holiday items. Should I try to get a few and get them marked down at the register?

#2 I got a martini shaker for $4.50 the other day and found the same one at a different Target for $1.79 so I bought the cheaper one too. Now I can't find my receipt for the 1st one. If I have them look it up with me card, will they just give me back the $1.79.

Hi,

Regarding your first question....I just went through something like this, on the 3 pack of soft soap pumps, the cashier would not give a discount because they are considered a winter item and not holiday. I guess it just depends on your cashier. I know with the scrapbooking items, I had no trouble with them marking down but this was at another Targer/a different cashier. (Also the scrapbooking items were Christmas and Winter looking)

As for your 2nd question, I'm sorry I don't have an answer. When I returned an item recently, the person looked up the price of the item before doing the actual return. But it was a Christmas item in one of the red boxes so that may have been the reason.

~~

Also wanted to add for the OKC shoppers who didn't already know that OKC South store has plenty of 90% off signs but just 1/2 an aisle left of Christmas clearance. :( Missed it by one day. I did manage to score rice krispy treats for .22 cents a box in the regular food section, left plenty for anyone wanting them.

And I found the 2 packages of batteries that someone mentioned a few pages back. They are in a box of 5, marked on the shelf for $6.99. But scanned for $4.99, so 10 Duracell batteries for $4.99. They had AA and AAA and were in the Electronics dept.

Last thing for the scrappers is the $1 section @ OKC South is restocked w/the Valentine's stuff. I have been looking for the new brads, they are so cute. :)

Sorry for the long post, HTH Someone and Thanks to everyone for all you share on these boards! I don't find many good deals so I usually just lurk. ;)

:rwb:

Collierville, TN Target on 90% Christmas this morning - not much to choose from!

Did get some Dora and Deigo mini ornaments

4 vinyl placemats

1 gold table runner

2 car wash gift boxes

and my find of the day................................

Thomas the Train Gift Set w/wooden storage box - rang up clearance price of $27 but she took 90% off after I asked if it were not clearance - so $2.?? for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just going to post this about the Thomas Guft Set. I went to the Target 5 mins away this morning to get more jammies. This is what I cam out with...

2 - 2 pack Dora Girls' Jammies $1.99 each ( so 4 pair of jammies for $3.98)

1 pair Christmas Hello Kitty jammies $1.69

1 Christmas Board Book plays music $.09

1 Thomas the Train Collector's Edition Christmas set ( was originally $39.99, marked $27.98) when I got it to the register I told her where it was located and they marked it 90% off the already marked down of $27.98 and I got it for $2.80 !!!!

My grand total for all of that $8.56 !!!!

Hi,

Regarding your first question....I just went through something like this, on the 3 pack of soft soap pumps, the cashier would not give a discount because they are considered a winter item and not holiday. I guess it just depends on your cashier. I know with the scrapbooking items, I had no trouble with them marking down but this was at another Targer/a different cashier. (Also the scrapbooking items were Christmas and Winter looking)

As for your 2nd question, I'm sorry I don't have an answer. When I returned an item recently, the person looked up the price of the item before doing the actual return. But it was a Christmas item in one of the red boxes so that may have been the reason.

~~

Also wanted to add for the OKC shoppers who didn't already know that OKC South store has plenty of 90% off signs but just 1/2 an aisle left of Christmas clearance. :( Missed it by one day. I did manage to score rice krispy treats for .22 cents a box in the regular food section, left plenty for anyone wanting them.

And I found the 2 packages of batteries that someone mentioned a few pages back. They are in a box of 5, marked on the shelf for $6.99. But scanned for $4.99, so 10 Duracell batteries for $4.99. They had AA and AAA and were in the Electronics dept.

Last thing for the scrappers is the $1 section @ OKC South is restocked w/the Valentine's stuff. I have been looking for the new brads, they are so cute. :)

Sorry for the long post, HTH Someone and Thanks to everyone for all you share on these boards! I don't find many good deals so I usually just lurk. ;)

Hey,Ladywolfe where are you OKLA? I am in Norman. Welcome to our crazy world of great deals!!!! Maybe we can keep each other posted on the good deals.

On another note... found some swaddler size 1 diapers (20 pack)for 96c. Have a friend that just had a baby and my 2 grandgirls love them for THEIR babies.. :)

Did you find anything at south county?? 15 & frank scott in Belleville has been pretty much cleared out and thought maybe about going to SoCo tomorrow.

I wouldnt waste your time they were pretty much empty when I was there last night. What they did have was pretty banged up!

Stopped by the So Co StL and it was 90% off, bought 48 pk of cards reg $14.99 clr $1.49, a couple stockings and a Santa hat for .99 each.

Shopped around went back to the stocking isle and everything was gone!

Went to Vogel on the way home it was still 75% but I did find a couple good buys. Scrabble & Monopoly games for $2.49, card attachments reg $3.99 clr $.99, 30 pc Creative Hands snowflake frames clr $1.49, not 90% but was worth the stop. :yup:

Did anyone else in StL find any deals?

Where were the scrabble & monopoly?? My hubby was waiting in the car so I didnt get a chance to really shop last night.

So, all the toys around here are still 15-30% off I ended up just being the Fisher Price Easy Link Launch pad & my DS2 LOVES it! It will be a big help starting monday when I will be doing my online classes. He wants to "play" on the computer like Mommy! I ended up getting it for 40% off + 2 sets of the keys 50% off. For anyone considering it I would say its a pretty cool toy!

SE Michigan is 90% off. Me and another woman were the only two in the section for about 10 mintues. It was great! Not too much left, Lots of those boxes of gift wrap, bows, lights, 6ft trees, stockings and the 18.88 ornament sets.

The V-smile I saw were also Noddy and are 50% off also saw the Leapfrog baby system and games.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yTKg1QCDL._AA354_.jpg

Here is a not so great photo of the other pair:

http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/d0/17/1800_1.JPG

Aww these are soo cute! I saw a baby Pooh hat last night in the 75% off stuff and almost bought it. Me & hubby are trying for baby # 2 I just may have to see if they still have some of these!

Hey,Ladywolfe where are you OKLA? I am in Norman. Welcome to our crazy world of great deals!!!! Maybe we can keep each other posted on the good deals.

On another note... found some swaddler size 1 diapers (20 pack)for 96c. Have a friend that just had a baby and my 2 grandgirls love them for THEIR babies.. :)

Thanks :) I am in Oklahoma, at the edge of Moore/OKC South.

That's a great find on diapers~Congrats to your friend!

~~

I forgot to mention in my other post that at the OKC South store there was one little Christmas pony toy in the toy section. Don't know if they'll give the discount on it or not. I left it there so if anyone in that area is looking for it, it is still in the toy section. None of the games were left though.

90% off here in Central Florida and they were still bringing pallets out but they weren't able to put anything on the shelf because there was a crowd watching as they unpacked (including me) and when the opened a box, someone would say, "I want one" (or 2 or whatever).

Got a white tree for next year, some decorations for it, a tree topper & skirt.

Still had a good bit of lights, stockings, kids long sleeve t-shirts, boxes & bags, candy canes, table mats....

Passed by toys (still mostly 30%) but found the My Little Ponies in the tube with the Christmas hat. Told the cashier it was going to ring up wrong so she did an override on it and some stuffed Care Bears wearing Christmas outfits. I would have tried for more toys if I knew she was so cooperative!

I have bought about 10 packs of the holiday pack of huggies wipes everytime I go to target with the $3.00 off cupon in every target I go I ask them if these would be on clearence since they obviously are christmas but not one of them have given me the discount.

?????

I also thought about doing this but it cost more money and you get less wipes.Your paying .94 for 90 wipes where if you buy the big tubes and use the $3.00 off coupon and 2 .75 off coupons it comes to .38 for 160 wipes. much better deal.

I also thought about doing this but it cost more money and you get less wipes.Your paying .94 for 90 wipes where if you buy the big tubes and use the $3.00 off coupon and 2 .75 off coupons it comes to .38 for 160 wipes. much better deal.

Where did you find that coupon? :eyepoppin

If it had a red sticker on it, he wouldn't do it. If it was free of stickers, you probably would have had a better chance. I had this work at one store yesterday, but not another even without the stickers. It is a judgment call on the part of the cashier whether or not to override a price, and they can only do it for items less than $25, I think, without calling over a manager.

Thanks for the FYI!

thanks

Vsmile pockets are not on sale at all. Of the smartridges, only the Noddy game is on clearance. If you mean the Leapster games, which are not compatible with the Vsmile stuff, then the only things I have seen are some of the baby games and at a single store I saw the Letter Factory game on clearance.

Wooooooooooooo--I had a wonderful time this morning:) Arrived at Target right at 8am, and was the only one in the Christmas section for about 15 mins- I had all four aisle to myself-filled two carts quickly-I spent 33.00 bucks -also to a second store -and grabbed two of the 18.88 ornanment packs

I love love love it.. :groovin:

best buys:

4 bottles of the Softsoap refills @ .50 a bottle -BIG thanks to whomever posted the tip of looking for the "Holiday" label.

a 6 ft Christmas tree @ $1.99

2 pairs of newborn velvet shoes @ .29

8 piece rubbermaid plastic bowls set /matching lids @ .39-I found this set in regular price merchandise but did a holiday label.

awwwwwwwwww, I feel great about these savings

:D

90% off in AZ this morning. I got a bunch of stuff including the last Pop 5 game. Someone had hid it with the regular games and I snatched it up. I also got a beautiful wreath that really doesn't seem all that Christmasy to me. I'll use it year round. They had tons of lights, wrapping paper, tree stands, trees, and boxes. I only ended up spending $13.