Toy hits and flops of 07'

chefpatty

dd4

hits:

Princess Castle

Vsmile (she plays at least 4 times during the day)

all the princess barbies

princess kitchen

Misses:

a dora dancing mat

DD 11 months

Fisher price piano (loves it)

spinning zebra

animals in a little truck

misses:

Playskool dome (haven't played with it)

ds(7): hits--DS --hasnt left his hands since he got it;)

megarig shark ship

knex and legos

misses: he says nothing :) but his airhogs helicopter will no longer fly--

dd(6) hits: squakers mcgraw, baby alive, LPS sets, only hearts club dolls and ballet studio

everything she says

misses: she says nothing also :)

We have yet to open most of it, we left out of town right after opening gifts and got back late last night so we are slowly opening things up and playing with them.

but i know that a BIG miss for her was her DS game since it stopped working (lcd screens wouldnt power up- just stayed black :( ---over 45 days for purchase also at toysrus :yuck: but they took it back with store credit voucher and of course are out of them :yuck::yuck::yuck: but now we just have to wait until they get some in.

love this thread!

dd(18months)

HITS Chou Chou function doll that drinks water(she keeps screaming HER PEEPEE HER PEEPEE), Learn Through Music, Leapfrog Fridge DJ and the animal one, my first doll house

no misses for her

dd(3)

HITS Barbie Girl mp3 (anyone know if the volume can go up any louder you can't hear it very well with the idog and I don't want her to use headphones) Mommy Make Me Better, Pixter and Leapfrog Fridge stuff, Dora Vanity

misses

no real misses with her either

ds (5)

hits bumblebee for mp3 player, The Tekno Robot, 1:6 scale truck and Carrera race track

misses - alternator transformer (falls apart every time he tries to transform it) his mp3 player that only holds like 3 songs and isn't expandable,

the jury is still out on the heely's that I got for 12 dollars with the fao shwartz/endless deal because he hasn't gotten the hang of them yet

ds25

Hits:

Electric toothbrush-thanks gottadeal and CVS

Watch

ds19

Hits:

laptop-fullprice-stupid me

dgd6

Hits:

leapster and games

brothers smart cycle

tons of other toys-plays with all

dgs3

smart cycle

sisters leapster

tons of other toys-plays with all

No misses here thanks to gottadeal and all on here. I would have never known what to get the grandbabies if it wasn't for this board.

I think we just had the first miss. It was the Honeybee Hop jumper by Play Skool. My daughter (4) is scared of it and wants it to go back to the store. It's disappointing because she REALLY wanted it. I think I'm going to put it away and reintroduce it later on.

It wasn't a miss with my foster kittens however. They thought it was awesome chasing the bee. :gdcat::g_laughin

Happy New Year!

DD 13 - hits: roller skates & PSP games

Misses: No Brainer Game (well, I had fun playing it online, so I thought she might have fun with it)

DD 9 - hits: Imaginext Pterodactyl, XPV mini & Bratz dolls

Misses: Barbie w/Tawny horse (loves horses, but hasn't even opened yet) and the small Roboreptile (already has one, but my MIL got it for her)

DD 4 - hits: Animal Planet set of dinosaurs, Cranium Twisty Tunnel and Skywishes pony

Misses: Yummi-Land Coconut doll (has been sitting on the kitchen counter since Christmas)

DD 2 - hits: Care Bears, Dora pop-up Greenhouse, & Gazillion Bubbles Bubbler

Misses: Diego skates (fell down too many times) & Computer Learning Keyboard (not really into the computer yet)

DSs 8 months - Shelcore Touch & Teach Blanket, Glo-e dog and bear (these are so cute, but they are very bright in the dark! I think they mesmerize them to sleep with the changing colors!), and Swing 'n Score (they love knocking the ball around!), Oh and sister's Twisty Tunnel!

Misses: Shelcore pop-up Sun & a little vibrating Cow from Grandpa & the 8-in-1 Combo Ride-on (is for ages 10 months and up, so they don't sit very well in it just yet)

DH - hits: new video card for computer, Family Guy first 2 volumes, and XPV R.A.D. (although he kinda broke it the first day, but he fixed it!)

Misses: DD 13 got him some gloves that he will probably never wear (he complains that he is cold in the mornings on the way to work, but doesn't like gloves)

Thanks to Gottadeal & Amazon, I think this is the first Christmas that no one was disappointed!

Hits:

DS18 - Xbox 360

DS10 - Flip Camera (he's been taking pictures nonstop) and RockBand

DS8 - PSP

DH - Digital Camera

It was a very 'electronic' Christmas this year.

Misses -- I bought my DS10 new pjs from Target size XL 14-16 and they were still too short!!! I know that he hasn't outgrown the kids sizes!!

Everything has been a good hit with my kids, so far. Well, all except the Microscope Set that I bought for my ds10 at Walgreens.

I got it for $10 (normally $20) on Black Friday. You can't see anything! We had to take back the 1st one as the light did not work. So ds tried out the new one last night, and again he can't see anything. I don't know what we are doing wrong. Guess I will have to try and mess around with it later tonight or tomorrow.

My DD4 did this too! She said "that's just what I always wanted" for everything! It was too cute! I love this age! :)

One miss we had that was surprising was the Bratz mansion. She did say it was "just what she always wanted" but then added that it wasn't Barbie and hasn't bothered with it since! Maybe if I take it out and set it up she'll change her mind? Or should I return it? I DID get the Amazon deal for $30 w/ FS so I'd hate to return it for the more expensive Barbie one! Any suggestions?

I agree, set it up, grab some Bratz/Barbie Dolls and set in there. Put it in the middle of a room, living room/playroom/bedroom. See if that helps. Last but not least, sit down and start playing with it yourself, and then coyly ask her to come help. If that don't work, then you may need to return it. But maybe, in a year or two she may like it, I don't know. Good luck!

Everything has been a good hit with my kids, so far. Well, all except the Microscope Set that I bought for my ds10 at Walgreens.

I got it for $10 (normally $20) on Black Friday. You can't see anything! We had to take back the 1st one as the light did not work. So ds tried out the new one last night, and again he can't see anything. I don't know what we are doing wrong. Guess I will have to try and mess around with it later tonight or tomorrow.

My DS8, LOVED this and has played with it for hours!!

Everything was a hit at our house, except for the FP "I can play guitar". The batteries only work in this thing for about 10 minutes, and then it's dead. It doesn't have adapter capabilities either. I first paid $89. then took it back and priced matched to $49, was in WM today and they have it for $35. That thing is gonna cost me a fortune. DS loves it when it's working though!

At our house:

DD 6:

hits: Cars Mega Mack Playset, Playmobil Ship, Scooby Doo DVD set

misses: I absolutely despise the Darth Vader Transformer. I became so upset because I couldn't transform him. I do not like any transformers now. She also got the Han Solo and Chewbacca set and at least I could transform those. I think the 4 1/2 yr old plays with them more! I would love to take Darth Vader back, but she won't hear of it! Also, she doesn't have much interest in the Pixter. Wish I would have spent the money on the two game systems and cartridges on a Vsmile Pocket.

DS 4 1/2:

Hits: Planet Heroes, Imaginext ship, Imaginext Dinosaur, toy story remote control car, VSMIle cartridges -- Diego, bob builder

No misses, he is happy with it all. I didn't give him the SmartCycle, I feel he may be too big so I am taking it back. He plays with the Pixter just a little and says he likes it.

DS 18 months:

Hits: Playschool Ball popper,

Misses: Doesn't play much with the Little People plane, I'm taking back Tickle Me Cookie Monster, he is so scared of it. And the inchworm ride on toy, he doesn't have any interest in either.

HOpe everyone had a good holiday!!!!!!!!

Hits around here have been: Xbox 360 (Halo 3 on LIVE), Guitar Hero III, Leapster & games, play-do retro canister set, lincoln logs commenrative edition, polly pocket glam & jam guitar

MAJOR MISS: Polly Pocket Jet & Bus .. these things will NOT stay together. I am so happy I got these so cheap from Amazon and was able to return the others I had bought.

I'm glad to see everyone's kiddoes seems to have had a wonderful holiday!

DD8

Hits:

Bratz Mansion- She plays with this for hours! She likes that the interior lights and hooks up her ipod to play music through the light-up dance floor. Her Bratz, Hannah doll, Sharpay, etc all have a ball in this house. Thanks GD! I got it for $29.99 from Amazon.

Hannah Montana backstage closet- she just opened this today. It's a very nice playset.

Itunes GC!

Miss:

Bratz Kidz ice cream making snow lodge thingy- The lodge is corny but the Vinessa doll is cute. She hangs out at the mansion with her big sisters!

On the fence:

Polly Pocket jumbo jet- she loved this and played with it for a while on Christmas day. However, by the time I surprised her with the mansion later that night, she hasn't looked at it since. I think she'll come back to it though.

My DD4 did this too! She said "that's just what I always wanted" for everything! It was too cute! I love this age! :)

One miss we had that was surprising was the Bratz mansion. She did say it was "just what she always wanted" but then added that it wasn't Barbie and hasn't bothered with it since! Maybe if I take it out and set it up she'll change her mind? Or should I return it? I DID get the Amazon deal for $30 w/ FS so I'd hate to return it for the more expensive Barbie one! Any suggestions?

You could open it and see if she takes to it. If not, list it on Craigslist (if they are in your area) or Ebay. If nothing else, you would more than likely get your money back and then some to put toward the Barbie one.

dd8 and dd6 - hits: ds lite with nintedogs (Kmart black friday), hamsterz and cats

mp3 from Sharper Image (thanks gotta deal). American Girl dolls and accessories.

misses: What would Lizzie do? (board game) "it's not fun, I would have liked High School Musical better". Clothes. Password Journal - this thing is a pain. Trying to record the time and date takes a gazillion tries and then sometimes it "forgets" and you have to start all over. Also, just one "magic" pen included that appears to be drying up on the first day.

Jury's still out: B-Bratz interactive computer dolls. I can't figure out how to get them to work on the computer!!!

At our house:

DS 18 months:

Hits: Playschool Ball popper,

Misses: Doesn't play much with the Little People plane, I'm taking back Tickle Me Cookie Monster, he is so scared of it. And the inchworm ride on toy, he doesn't have any interest in either.

Just wanted to say that last year we got youngest DS (18 mos at the time, 2.5 years old now) the TMX Elmo and he had the SAME reaction. The other kids seemed to like it, and he was interested in what Elmo was doing...as long as someone was cuddling him and he could peek over a shoulder or something. The good news is that he eventually did get over it and grew to really enjoy it. So maybe your little guy will too!;)

Hits around here have been: Xbox 360 (Halo 3 on LIVE), Guitar Hero III, Leapster & games, play-do retro canister set, lincoln logs commenrative edition, polly pocket glam & jam guitar

MAJOR MISS: Polly Pocket Jet & Bus .. these things will NOT stay together. I am so happy I got these so cheap from Amazon and was able to return the others I had bought.

I'm glad to see everyone's kiddoes seems to have had a wonderful holiday!

Do your children play Halo3 on LIVE? My husband plays Halo3 on LIVE and it is ridiculous what we hear when players are talking. Cussing, lewd and disgusting comments, players berating each other.

I just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't heard them. If your children play with the headset on then you may not have heard it yet. My DH's headset broke and just that one night of him playing the game without the headset and me being able to hear everything was enough for me.

My DH registered on Bungie.net (the makers of the game) and he can keep track of all of his stats on their website. Also Bungie has a store, BungieStore.com and they sell some cool t-shirts, posters and other cool Halo stuff.

http://www.bungie.net/

http://www.bungiestore.com/ProductCart/Pc/storefront.asp

Happy New Year!

Do your children play Halo3 on LIVE? My husband plays Halo3 on LIVE and it is ridiculous what we hear when players are talking. Cussing, lewd and disgusting comments, players berating each other.

I just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't heard them. If your children play with the headset on then you may not have heard it yet. My DH's headset broke and just that one night of him playing the game without the headset and me being able to hear everything was enough for me.

My DH registered on Bungie.net (the makers of the game) and he can keep track of all of his stats on their website. Also Bungie has a store, BungieStore.com and they sell some cool t-shirts, posters and other cool Halo stuff.

http://www.bungie.net/

http://www.bungiestore.com/ProductCart/Pc/storefront.asp

Happy New Year!

I have the LIVE settings set to family. They are only suppose to allow access to players who also have settings set to family. They are supposely not allowed to use fowl language. So far, it has been only children playing in the same rooms with the kids. Thanks for the heads up though. The next time he plays, I will wear the headset so I can hear what's going on in there. Thanks! :)

DS 7 and 5

Hits: DEFINITELY the Wii (now they have their own and they don't have to wait for their big brother to play his)

Mix Sticks (they call them their ipods)

DH

Hits: Zune 30g (this thing is REALLY cool. I have a 30g Ipod Video and I think I like the Zune better).

DS 21

Hits: Crosley Ipod Jukebox (mini one not full size)

DS 16

Hits: Sony 40GB High Definition Hard Disk Drive Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom

Not sure of any misses yet.

I think the inchworm may be a little old for him. I bought one for my great niece (18 months) and she liked it but isn't quite ready to 'inch along'. I am thinking within the year, she will be able to work it.

I bought it for my niece (20 months) and she likes it and her sisters will push her on it, but she can't get it to inch either. If you push down on it, you can see that it would inch...but I'm not sure kids weigh enough to push down that hard. Its DARN cute though.

Can anyone help me out with this Microscope. This is the 2nd one we have had. I have replaced the bulb, I have tried different brands of batteries (new ones), twisting/turning/adjusting, Argh! I am getting frustrated with this microscope!

And I called Walgreens, explained I already exchanged it once, dude said 'well I haven't had any returns at this store'. YA WRONG. Yes you have I told him! The one we exchanged! He said, well then only one! He said I could bring the current one back in, and we could go through all of them. To me, that statement says he ain't got a clue. And do I really want to sit in a store opening the case, unscrewing the bottom, placing the batteries in and then trying to get it to work a whole bunch of times. But I do want my son to be happy, darn it! This present is costing more time than money, highly thinking about having them give me my money back and finding one somewhere else.

Or maybe I just don't know what I am doing. But if someone has this Vivatar set, please help me. Thank you. :)

Any idea how to get the light to work at the bottom? Still not having luck.

My DS8, LOVED this and has played with it for hours!!

Picked up a Leag frog Word Whammer for 10.00 and I cannot believe that both my DD21/2 and DS 61/2 love this little thing. It attaches to the fridge and you can make three letter words with it. It was intended to be an extra gift for my gift closest but with being home sick I broke down and opened it. The kids love it and are actually playing together.

Can anyone help me out with this Microscope. This is the 2nd one we have had. I have replaced the bulb, I have tried different brands of batteries (new ones), twisting/turning/adjusting, Argh! I am getting frustrated with this microscope!

And I called Walgreens, explained I already exchanged it once, dude said 'well I haven't had any returns at this store'. YA WRONG. Yes you have I told him! The one we exchanged! He said, well then only one! He said I could bring the current one back in, and we could go through all of them. To me, that statement says he ain't got a clue. And do I really want to sit in a store opening the case, unscrewing the bottom, placing the batteries in and then trying to get it to work a whole bunch of times. But I do want my son to be happy, darn it! This present is costing more time than money, highly thinking about having them give me my money back and finding one somewhere else.

Or maybe I just don't know what I am doing. But if someone has this Vivatar set, please help me. Thank you. :)

We don't have it and I am not familiar with it at all but.....does the light come on at all?