some wal-mart rumors

Brad

this was submitted anonymously through the site today:

Wal-Mart is going to have another secret sale the weekend after black friday so that would be the weekend of november 24 and 25....also on black friday they are going to have their black friday sale in the morning and they throughout the day they will have different deals posted online that you can get in store...but they will be like 4pm-6pm or 2pm-4pm...times are not given yet....also there will be another secret sale the weekend of Dec. 8th....nothing known yet what is going to be on them

That is the same problem I thought of earlier. Plus, would people really remember to check online eery 2 hours (or so) to see what other deals there are?

Especially if gas prices keep going up, that would be VERY hard to justify imo. Say you went to WM at 5 when they open, then get home at 1 or so after you are done with your shpping, then see something else that is too good to pass up...would you really drive back out and spend the time and gas $ to do it?

I could udnerstand if they posted a listing online of the items avaiable at each time that will be on sale but other than that...

I'm not going to sit at home to run to Walmart every 2 hours. I think most are like me- and Walmart will only hurt themselves w/ that plan of attack.

My BIL works in the stock room at Walmart. I've been bugging him if he know's anything- he say's he's been on the lookout- but hasn't seen any 1 single thing in particular come in that was such a high volume.

Geez louise what a mess. There's no way I can sit here waiting for a "deal" to pop up on their website, drive an hour to walmart, get it, drive an hour back home, wait for the next deal, and drive an hour back. Timewise it isn't worth it, nevermind the $3.09 a gallon gas price right now.

i wish there was a way that walmart would do something about bf morning i dont know if its like this were everyone else is but in maine we wait from 3 or 4 am in line then you get these people that come in 15 minutes befor the store opens and pushes there way thur to get in front of the line so everyone in front thats been waiting in the cold gets trampled on and the employes just sit there and laugh at us. does anyone else have this happen to them

I know that I was advised to "keep my eyes out there. A lot of stores are having special sales to help alleviate some of the frustrations that people have on Black Friday." Definately truth. This has been a growing trend over the last 5 years that initially was the weekend before Black Friday and I would say now starts as early as mid-October especially if you are looking for computers.

UGGGHHH!!! The anticipation is killing me. I live for Black Friday every year and pride myself on having a plan of attack with exact items and the stores that they are at and such. We even have radio walkie talkies to communicate with one another and fanny packs for christ sakes to avoid lugging a purse around. With five kids (16-7):gdparanoid: I need to budget the $1500-$2000 I spend on this day alone. I really wish WM would cut the crap and tell us what will be on sale so that I know where to camp out at. :confused:

UGGGHHH!!! The anticipation is killing me. I live for Black Friday every year and pride myself on having a plan of attack with exact items and the stores that they are at and such. We even have radio walkie talkies to communicate with one another and fanny packs for christ sakes to avoid lugging a purse around. With five kids (16-7):gdparanoid: I need to budget the $1500-$2000 I spend on this day alone. I really wish WM would cut the crap and tell us what will be on sale so that I know where to camp out at. :confused:

I agree, jsut give us the info so I know how much money I am going to need. The anticipation is killing me. But if the other ads are any sign of what wal-mart is going to have I might not be as excited.

I work with someone whos other job is working as an assistant manager at Walmart. I asked her (very politely :)) if she hears or sees anything to let me know. I figure at sometime shortly that they would have to tell them in order to have a gameplan. Am I right?

what happened to the secret sale items that walmart was suppose to have? i thought they were going to have 4 secret items every friday leading up to black friday?

I've been wondering the same thing--the walmart website leads me to believe now that there won't be anymore sales until BF--I thought the sales were to be weekly also.

The dates as listed in the company Intranet don't indicate that the sales begin and end at any specific time period, and the item list has not been updated for the next sale. Also, the prices from the first secret item sale are still valid, at least at my store.

set B: November 23 to 24

set C: November 24 to 25

set D: December 8 to 9

Now I remember about 14 years ago on black friday they did special hourly doorbusters, only available certain hours. So they may just do that. However back then it was posted in a newspaper supplement on thanksgaiving day but not in the actual black friday add

I remember several years ago when they had at least 2, maybe 3, time periods on BF with "doorbuster sales" valid only during that time. Of course, one of them was the earlybird thing, I think it was like 6 to 11 back then. Then from like noon to 4 was another group of sales, and a final group like 5 to 9. I can't remember the exact times but I can remember looking over the ad and realizing there wasn't anything I was interested in during one time period but there was during another.

Really, I think it makes more sense to split it up that way, because it breaks up the chaotic crowd a little by scattering them throughout the day. And those folks who plan to camp out at BB or CC would still have a chance to get some deals at WM if the stuff they're interested in was in one of the later doorbuster groups... I'd love to see WM (and other stores!) start doing this again-- especially since I am NOT a morning person!:eyepoppin LOL

Really, I think it makes more sense to split it up that way, because it breaks up the chaotic crowd a little by scattering them throughout the day.

The problem with this is still the fact that they dont plan on releasing this information before hand so you would still have to make periodic trips to a computer to access the info online.... or drop in the store randomley throughout the day and see whats on sale.... thus a waste of time if nothings good

The dates as listed in the company Intranet don't indicate that the sales begin and end at any specific time period, and the item list has not been updated for the next sale. Also, the prices from the first secret item sale are still valid, at least at my store.

set B: November 23 to 24

set C: November 24 to 25

set D: December 8 to 9

Our stores ran out of the Acer laptops immediately. The WM website does list the dates for the next "secret sale" as the 23-24 time period. If I remember correctly you can sign up for text alerts on the "secret" website (regular site but add /secret)

We had 70 at my store, and we sold about 50 the first day and rest the by Sunday.

For WM employees: The company's holiday playbook on the Wire has been updated and now has all of the BF and secret items in a single, long, PDF file. I didn't get a chance to read the actual memo.

Yea, Wal-Mart is doing LOTS of mis-information this year.

When the Toshiba HD-DVD's are spotted, they were $198. Some Wal-Marts put them out early and then the registers would not even ring them up. So the rumors were $198 for that coming weekend, when in fact the real price was $98.

So, since Wal-Mart has told all deal sites they will sue of they post deals earlier than the 19th, you can expect Wal-Mart has something really, really interesting in the works.

Only 3 days, 19 hours to go.....

So, since Wal-Mart has told all deal sites they will sue of they post deals earlier than the 19th, you can expect Wal-Mart has something really, really interesting in the works.

I disagree. I think Walmart just plans to suck big time. FTR, our store never even got shipped the HD-DVD players and the entire electronics dept was confused and pissed about how it all went down. They had a palette of laptops the size of a friggin short bus and nothing else.

Yea, Wal-Mart is doing LOTS of mis-information this year.

When the Toshiba HD-DVD's are spotted, they were $198. Some Wal-Marts put them out early and then the registers would not even ring them up. So the rumors were $198 for that coming weekend, when in fact the real price was $98.

Only 3 days, 19 hours to go.....

Interesting is a relative term I guess. I found nothing to be of interest to me at all. Lack Luster would be much more fitting.

I disagree. I think Walmart just plans to suck big time. FTR, our store never even got shipped the HD-DVD players and the entire electronics dept was confused and pissed about how it all went down. They had a palette of laptops the size of a friggin short bus and nothing else.

We got Garth Brooks cds from the last two flippin' years, and oh, yeah, pretty much diddly squat!:cheesy: