Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

Just sent emails to WM and to my contacts to remind them to email again today. I am going to make another call today and will do it all again tomorrow. Sorry about all of this crap Brad. I think it's truly awful that they would do this, but nothing suprises me about them anymore.

I just called Wal-Mart and talked to a human. I told them I am pulling my stock and taking my money to Target this year! My family will also be pulling their stock because for some reason I forsee a sales drop in the near future! Any stock holders out there? Stay on the line and goto the investment portion of the menu we may get farther. Also , no I did not leave my name.

Guest mldepalma

I sent an email to them regarding their poor judgment. I was not rude in my comments, but I did explain that I thought their decision to (possibly) seek legal action was not in their best interest. I think it is a good idea to "bombard" them with our thoughts, but I'm afraid they will disregard them if they aren't at least civil.

Brad - you have my support (and I'm sure everyone else's too) whatever you decide to do. :yup:

Ridiculous. What is the big deal anyway? Don't they realize that leaked ads give more business. I wouldn't even step foot in Wal-Mart if I didn't know ahead of time what was there. My plan is in place way before BF.

Same here, there's no way will I go there and waste my time unless I know ahead of time what they will have. I would be so ticked off to go there and then walk into one of those farces like the bathrobes last year. It seems like their sale has gotten progressively worse each year and I can't imagine what's next.

This was a lady and it was last year. I'm going to see if I can find the post. It was in the lounge. It was around BF.

I missed that one but my mother just called me to tell me that FoxNews channel mentioned this morning that WM had threatened to sue any sites posting their ad early.

The thing is we should all quit Walmart all together, NOT just BF!!!! They need to all lose our business!!!!

I agree totally I do tons of shopping to Walmart and I will dicoutinue today...this is totally outragous...I sent them this e-mail

I have to say that I am very dissapointed in you threatening to take legal action against GottaDeal.com...I for one only get your ad online at GottaDeal.com without it your company would not have gotten my business on Black Friday for the last 3 years. I will not be there this year should you follow through with your threat I will not shop at your stores at all.

Well the article stated that the WM ad would be released on November 20th. So at least if the actual ad or rumors of the sales item would be out before BF.

So does it look like WM will go the route that Target has taken and elimate a sole BF sale totally and turn it into a 2 day sale like Target does?

I've hated WM for years, this just firms up my decision to keep hating them.

I just got off the phone with Sarahs office. MAN the lady I talked to was out and out RUDE. I could not believe it. I ended up asking her is she was telling me she refused to tell Sarah of my call. She of coarse said no she would log the call.

I live in an area with 3 SWM BB CC target Meijer Kamrt sears and about anything else out there. IF WM sues Gottadeal I will NOT spend my money there. NOT now not ever. and I LOVE WM..