How Long Have You Been a BF Veteran?

bigjimslade

I've been going since I was in high school with my mother at the time. This will be the 3rd year she'll be gone. We go in her memory. Her friend took her place as the leader and driver to keep her memory alive. My mom lived for the day. It's definitely been about 20 years.

I started BF shopping in the 80's-- not sure exactly what year. THe big stores opened before the smaller stores in the mall where I worked and I would go get the giveaways from them before opening my own store. I know I went to my local KMART for wrapping paper and some other things 1 year as well... But my first exclusive year to do the BF shopping was 1995-- my first year out of the retail rat race. I was at Target with my 1 yr old son in his stroller, sent my husband to Toys R Us for stuff there as they opened at the same time. It was the last time he did any BF shopping, the coward!

I have only been BF shopping about 3 years. Previously, I lived in a tiny town with no where much to shop until I moved. Last year was my first year camping out with the "BF crowd" LOL

Wow was that fun!!!!! I can hardly wait until this year!!!!!!!

Started BF'ing in earnest in 1986 when the sales were, not secret, but not well attended.

So, guess this begins my third decade of BF'ing. Took 6 years, but finally got the BF bug to bite my wife and now she gets into the preplanning for the "big day," as it were. :)

Oh, and I found this site from Anandtech when GD was opened and its opening was "announced" at AT.

wow .. I feel really old. I've been doing BF for as long as I can remember .. probably at least 15 years.

I found this community from an article in our local paper (the News and Observer - Raleigh NC) a few years ago. I hear one of our radio stations talk about it around mid November too.

For me it's the thrill of the crowds and knowing that I got a good deal. I'm a single mom and if I have to stand in line for a few hours to save money AND I get to get more stuff for my kids - hey - I'll do it!

OMG, BF has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. Mom & Grandma used to go out every year and left dad home with us. I remember when I was probably 5, they went out to find a Whoopsi Doll for me. Of course I didn't hear the story until I was older. It wasn't until I was 15 when I was finally able to join in. By this time my niece was born and I was introduced to the chase for toys!! I've been doing this for 20 years!! My kids are the youngest, I'll be devistated when they learn the truth.

I started when I was young with my mom (15+ yrs), going to walmart and toys r us mostly for toys. We used to be able to line up around 5,5:30 and still get what we wanted; not anymore. :eek: Now I have to line up at 1 or 2. I tried to go earlier last year but my dh didn't think the line would start that early. :sidesplit He knows better now.

I found Gottadeal in 2005 when I was doing a search for black friday ads online, and found my new favorite site for deals. I check here at least twice a week and then every day from oct through the middle of Jan. :cheesy: