Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Excuse me for having a stupid question... but What type of toys go on clearance.. I'm kinda new to this thread, and was just curious what to keep my eye out for.

I understand the xmas stuff and winter stuff.. but what do you look for in the toy dept.?:confused:

Thanks for posting about these, I had no idea that was a hidden deal! I didn't find the gel tabs with a snowman on them, but this is what I did find.

Clear plastic tub with green lid of Cascade 80 count 2 in 1 action pacs with the power of Dawn for $2.46.

UPC 37000 10163

Be forewarned. It was scanning information not on file. I had to bring it up to guest services, and they printed out a new sticker for me once they located the price.

There is also a tub with a green lid of the same product, only it is 35 count in Apple Cinnamon scent that is scanning for $1.74. I don't like the scent, so I don't have it on hand to give y'all the UPC code.

I just got back from running to Target. After i read this I went back to see if I could get these same ones (tabs) for a good price. Not so much luck here. They told me the price was 12.xx......they asked if I wanted them and I said no, not at that price, that I had gotten them on clearance at another store earlier and they said sorry, they weren't on sale there. Needless to say, I went home fuming! Sure wish there were some uniformity between stores! :( But that would be way too easy! :( Did get a few more air fresheners for 79c so wasn't a total loss! :) Congrats to getting a good deal on the Cascade tabs! Not too upset as I did get alot of great deals the past few days!

Excuse me for having a stupid question... but What type of toys go on clearance.. I'm kinda new to this thread, and was just curious what to keep my eye out for.

I understand the xmas stuff and winter stuff.. but what do you look for in the toy dept.?:confused:

If you go back to the original perimenter perusing thread, you'll see what people found at their Targets. Personally (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things), I've found the following at 75% off:

Fisher Price Spark Art Easel ($17.xx)

Cranium Sounds of the Seashore ($4.xx)

Thomas the Tank Engine Sets ($9.xx)

Huggable Dora, Diego and Pable ($2.xx)

Graco Baby and Carrier ($3.xx)

Graco Baby Accessories ($3.xx)

Weebles Fairytale Kingdom -- $8.xx

Ryan's Room Parachute ($7.xx)

Ryan's Room Furniture -- $2.xx

Ryan's Room Family (Hispanic and Asian) -- $4.xx

Candyland DVD game -- $7.xx

Scene It Junior Edition -- $7.xx

LeapFrog Box of Games -- $4.xx

I've seen the Dora Talking House and Leap Railroad at 50% but don't want it badly enough to pay more thatn 75% for it.

Thank you, thank you Gator Pam for posting about the Cascade gel tabs. Just like you said and described, I saw one of those tubs of the Cascade tabs 80ct and there was no sticker on it. There was posted on the shelf the reg. price of like $11.99 or something like that. But I followed your lead and went to scan it. Sure enough it said "info not available" or something like that.

So when I went to pay I made sure I chose a cashier that "looked" that he/she wasn't going to question me much (or call a mgr) about those tabs. So when he rang it up and got the beep from the scanner, he asked me if I knew how much they were. I knew from your post that they were $2. something so I told him $2.96 and he rang up like that. Thank you so much, it was a great deal!! :D

Toys are still 30-50% here. I couldn't find anything that was 75%. I seem to remember it was the Wednesday right after the 15th last year that they went crazy marking stuff down.

Since Christmas went 75% off on Monday, it's just flying out the doors. There's about an aisle and a half, and a lot of empty spaces. It's a lot of stockings and gift boxes.

I love the clearance toys in August! Both my boys my birthdays are that month, and everything I got them was from there. Well, except the Brio train stuff Kmart marked way down without putting clearance stickers on that I stumbled across. :)

Well I was so excited to find so many geltabs at my Target, but even though they were Christmas they weren't on sale. Only the 35 count was. So I bought the 35 count which at least is still a good deal. Hopefully they will go on sale more in the future. I found two of the 80 count boxes that were the regular kind that rang up "INF", but they wouldn't let me buy them :(

Oh well hopefully they will be there another day. I did buy an electric guitar signed by Mike Kinnerty for 70% off at $50.04. They also had the flute at the same price.. Orlando, FL

same here with the gel tabs when it wouldn't ring up checker called manager they went back and found "the next closest thing" was $9.99 so they said $8.99 for mine. I told them no thank you. No biggy I did get the Harvet spice airwick auto thing for $2.22 and ck one cologne set for $7.19 and a set of 5 different j lo and baby phat parfumes for $6.19 plus a big container with tons of gift bags for $4.24 and they are really cute.

My Target was packing up tons of the CPK with the little sister.. there were a few on the shelf at $17.14 but they were boxing up the rest and wheeling away... this was at 10pm when they closed. And most of the clearance toys got shoved into 2 aisles, so I really had to pick through it. Still lots left at 75% off though! I got some more Choxie truffles... the dessert ones!

I found the bucket of 80 geltabs at a local Target here. They were on the shelf for $12.99 but when I price checked them they came up as unavailable. I took it to the cashier and told her that I knew of a "friend" who got these on discount at another Target (hey I didn't say it was local, LOL). Anyway she said what price did your friend pay and I just said I think it was 75% off like the rest of the Christmas stuff. Well she just took 25% off 12.99 then 25% off the next price and then 25% off of the next so the actual price I got the bucket for was $5.40 which is more than 50% off but less than 75% - I took it :) I buy these things full priced all the time because I love them - I'm not gonna turn down any discount on them.

Found the Bratz Bride and Groom set for 75% off also at $4.98 so got a few to give as gifts. They had the Scene It Jr's here for 50% off so I went ahead and bought one and then got some other misc. toys at 50% off as well.

The baby area clearance was on full swing but everything was only about 30% off still. I don't have a baby but just thought I would check anyway.

Even though you might now see something in the Christmas aisle, you have to keep checking as people return things. I went Wednesday, filled up my buggie and went back again last night and found new things! Yippee! I snagged one of those fiber optic skating scenes for 9.99 last night!

That small curio cabinet finally went to 75% off too. It's now 24.xx (its the one that's only like 3 feet high).

Well, I can happily report that I got 4 buckets of the Cascade tabs :) I told them they were ringing up 2.24 at another store (didnt say where!) and she said ok! I did encounter an issue though. To whoever said it is impossible for the scanners to show one price & the register another, it can happen. It does happen. It happened to me last night. I printed off the .75 Hersheys Kissables coupons. I had 28 of them, because i knew if ther was any left, they would be 75% off. I scanned them, and it showed .69 a bag. So I grabbed 28 of them. Well, when I got out to my car, i noticed my reciept said 1.07 each. They were closing so i let it go for then. I am heading back soon today, have to get some throat meds anyways. But it can happen, just FYI.

Well, I can happily report that I got 4 buckets of the Cascade tabs :) I told them they were ringing up 2.24 at another store (didnt say where!) and she said ok! I did encounter an issue though. To whoever said it is impossible for the scanners to show one price & the register another, it can happen. It does happen. It happened to me last night. I printed off the .75 Hersheys Kissables coupons. I had 28 of them, because i knew if ther was any left, they would be 75% off. I scanned them, and it showed .69 a bag. So I grabbed 28 of them. Well, when I got out to my car, i noticed my reciept said 1.07 each. They were closing so i let it go for then. I am heading back soon today, have to get some throat meds anyways. But it can happen, just FYI.

are you sure you didn't accidentally grab the larger ones that say "big bag" on them?

I grabbed one of those first and scanned it and I believe it was 1.07, so I put it back and found the 14 oz size that scanned at .69

are you sure you didn't accidentally grab the larger ones that say "big bag" on them?

I grabbed one of those first and scanned it and I believe it was 1.07, so I put it back and found the 14 oz size that scanned at .69

I am absolutely sure. I grabbed one, scanned it, and threw it in the buggy. Every bad I have says 14 oz. And not a single one rang up .69. They all rang up 1.07.

Just got back from Target in Kernersville, NC. Baby items are still 30%. Most toys are 50% but they were re-setting the toys today and had moved all the clearance ones into 3 aisles. There were also a few 75% off toys scattered in with the 50% off ones, like the My Little Pony Rainbow Castle for $15 (was $60), so you really have to look. The Christmas was still at 75% but the manager was back there and an off-duty employee from another store asked her when they were going to 90 and she said they have a new system in place for clearance based on store sales, and they get an email telling them the day before or day of to mark it down. She said they had gotten word as late as 6:45 am to mark things down for opening that day. She also said that if she were guessing, it will probably go to 90 tomorrow. But it depends on sales so every store will be different!

The same thing happen to me. Holiday kissables came in two sizes one that went to $.69 and a larger bag that when to $1.07. Still a great deal.

I told them they were ringing up 2.24 at another store (didnt say where!) and she said ok

Do they really do this? I have 2 stores within 15 minutes of me and the thing I want is more expensive at one. I talked to an employee and he was less than helpful. If I go back should they match it?

Do they really do this? I have 2 stores within 15 minutes of me and the thing I want is more expensive at one. I talked to an employee and he was less than helpful. If I go back should they match it?

No they won't match prices from other stores. The only reason why the cashier gave the $2.24 price because the Cascade tabs were coming up as not in the system at all. The cashier had no idea what the price should be and was happy to have a price to put in. That is the way it was at my store last night anyway.

Just got back from my local Target (again) and actually got a fiber optic snowman (for a gift or I may keep) for 7.xx. They had the cascade gel tabs and I chickened out and didn't try to get them cheap! Did get some M&M tube thingys for .49 and a bunch of tights for my daughter for .99. Got some cute jewelry in the kids dept for 75% off as well-they had a ton of socks, tights, jewelry and kid purses in the kids section. I just happened by there so stocked up on some extras! Our toys are only 30 off with a few 50 off items.......(weebles castle was 17xx)