Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

so since the schedule has been a bit off...when do we think most will go 90%?

Last year in Kansas City when the stores went 75% on New Years Eve, they went 90% on the 6th. This year, some stores went 75% on New Years Eve and some went the day after, so I don't know if they are all going to go 90% on the same day or not... :confused:

I seems like my local Targets are gearing up for 75% clearance sales. All of the clearance toys were all scattered throughout the toy department but today I saw they put all of the clearance toys in the last 3 aisles. They are all marked 50% off but I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks they'll be down to 75% so I can stock up.

This is true. However, jcarr said that they came out of the store just as they were opening the doors. This would mean that the registers had to be open so they could pay for their things. At my store, we open our registers 15 minutes before we open. And our cashiers can't punch in until 8:00. They couldn't have bought these things before the store opened. So the employees probably purchased these items the night before. Also, we can put things aside for ourselves if we want to but we can't purchase them until we're on our breaks or off the clock.

Actually, "childofsolitude"...they had just checked out before coming out. how do I know this? because the lady that checked me out asked if there was still a lot left. I told her there was, but a lot of the good stuff is picked. And when she picked up my snowmen angels, she made the comment, "oh, i'm so glad you were able to get your angels. the girls I checked out were able to get theirs too, they've been talking about wanting them if they made it to 75% off and they were able to get them this morning." thats how I know. It doesn't bother me though...I got all the good stuff I was after when it went 50% off..i was just there after a few more things I've been watching and thought if I can nab it at 75% off..great..if not..oh well.

I managed to get a few deals at my closest (50 minutes away) Target tonight. All the Christmas stuff was marked 75% and a lot of toys were 50% off. Of course, the bath sets for kids I had wanted weren't hardly marked down at all. They were $4.24!(reg. $4.99) How lame is that?!?!?!! They had tons though, so I'm hoping they go down soon. I did find a cute compact mirror that was regularly $9.99 marked down to $1.74. It'll make a great stocking stuffer for my 17 year old niece this coming year! :)

So I asked a member from the price change team today when the toys would be marked down further and he said that the toy markdowns are usually done on Wednesdays. He also said that sometimes it skips a week so it might happen this Wednesday or next Wednesday. At least that's how it works at my store.

Last year, the Targets near me (central/Piedmont North Carolina) marked their toys to 75% off on a Thursday in mid-January. I believe it was the second or third week of January. I went to three Targets that day and scored big! I hope to catch it again this year!

Regarding the baby clearance, I was at Target yesterday and they had items on every aisle of the baby department marked 30 percent. Swings, bouncers, strollers, cups, bathtubs, potty seats, bottles, and the hanging layette items were all included! I am expecting our second baby this spring, so I will definitely watch this and update if they go to 50%. If anyone sees the Baby Trend Sit and Stand Stroller on clearance, I would love to know!

Thanks.

I will be also watching for the baby clearance.. It was just announced that I will be an Aunt for the 3rd time :) and I have to get stocked up in time for an August Delivery.

Plus being an aunt to a 2 year old and one that turns 1 in June, it will come in handy as well.

I visited 4 Targets here in the Memphis area yesterday. I was looking for the Eddie Bauer Transit Tandem Stroller....2 stores had them for $99 (25% off)

and the other 2 stores had them for $69 (50% off).

Found the Leapfrog Train still for $20...somthing....but bought one while in Knoxville for $12.00 last week.

Bought a Playskool Peek and Play Dome for $20.00 (50% off)

Everything was SO different everywhere I went.......

Just came from Target picked up the cutest socks for next christmas-they have a little pocket on the side to put a gift card in. 75% off so they were .90. take a look at the sock area there was no clearance sticker onthem. They will be great for next years gift cards!!!

Love the method counter cleaner! I also managed to score the Cascade 80 gel tabs for 75% off 11.89, by telling the cashier they were christmas, they did have a snowman on the container! That was a great buy! I bought 480 of them! Never used a better dishwashing item!

Thanks for posting about these, I had no idea that was a hidden deal! I didn't find the gel tabs with a snowman on them, but this is what I did find.

Clear plastic tub with green lid of Cascade 80 count 2 in 1 action pacs with the power of Dawn for $2.46.

UPC 37000 10163

Be forewarned. It was scanning information not on file. I had to bring it up to guest services, and they printed out a new sticker for me once they located the price.

There is also a tub with a green lid of the same product, only it is 35 count in Apple Cinnamon scent that is scanning for $1.74. I don't like the scent, so I don't have it on hand to give y'all the UPC code.

Thanks for posting about these, I had no idea that was a hidden deal! I didn't find the gel tabs with a snowman on them, but this is what I did find.

Clear plastic tub with green lid of Cascade 80 count 2 in 1 action pacs with the power of Dawn for $2.46.

UPC 37000 10163

Be forewarned. It was scanning information not on file. I had to bring it up to guest services, and they printed out a new sticker for me once they located the price.

There is also a tub with a green lid of the same product, only it is 35 count in Apple Cinnamon scent that is scanning for $1.74. I don't like the scent, so I don't have it on hand to give y'all the UPC code.

Ugh! How I wish I had scanned :( I picked these up last night & looked, no snowman so I put them back. Now I know! They were not marked clearance in any way, so maybe I will be lucky & they will still be there when I go back.

Ugh! How I wish I had scanned :( I picked these up last night & looked, no snowman so I put them back.

:eyepoppin:

Crissy! Do you mean I have to remind you of the number one rule of perimeter perusing?

Nah...I didn't think so! :handslap: :giggle:

Now I know! They were not marked clearance in any way, so maybe I will be lucky & they will still be there when I go back.

:yup:

There were only two of the 80 count, and only one of the 35 count at the Gator Town Target. But, until guest services printed the stickers for me, they were not marked clearance in anyway either.

I'm so frustrated, I keep going to Target, because last year I went everyday and the one day I didn't go I missed the toy mark down and everything was gone by the time I got there,, does anyone have a good idea of when the toys will go lower

My Target in Brooklyn, NY has already hit 90% off. But let me say that there were only 2 aisles left of stuff, and you had to pick through everything. They had one full aisle just of trees at 90% off. I asked one of the ladys how long has it been at 90% and she said about a few days. :g_thumbri

What I don't understand is that NONE of the toys were maked down, hardly anything had a red sticker on it. And everything I scanned was regular price. And believe me I scanned just about everything! I asked the lady in the toy department if they had any toys on sale for 30-50% off, and she said they should have a sale coming up soon but doesn't know when. That really sucks!

There was one year... either last year or the year before, I can't remember, but one of our Targets just started packing up the toys after they had been 50% off for awhile. All the other Targets had gone 75% with their toys, but this one store shipped them out instead of taking them down to 75% off. I asked the ladies that were boxing them up why the heck they didn't mark them to 75% and they didn't know. They thought it was weird too (and there was A LOT of them). It was a Target that is always real slow to mark stuff. Maybe they just put it off too long until the store manager said "get em out to make more room..." I don't know. Stocking up for birthdays, etc. is great to do at 75%, but if there is something that you know you really want, I don't know if I'd wait, especially if you have a store that is a little slow to mark. I always buy what I know I want at 50% and then watch for it to go cheaper and do the return switch-a-roo with my receipts. That way I'm covered. I almost always have more luck with Target's summer sell off in the toy department. Most people are thinking back to school and not many are shopping the toy aisle at that time. This time of year there are lots of people shopping with gift cards to spend and kids looking to spend Christmas money or do exchanges. Things can get pretty picked through this time of year.

I talked to the toy manager at my local Target and asked her about the toy markdowns since all of the toys there are still at 30 and 50 off. She said that they are doing those like they did the Christmas markdowns. They are going by the stores sales. My local Target was 7th in toy sales after Christmas so they will not mark them 75% for a while since they have been selling so good at 30 and 50 off. I was really looking forward to 75% off. I guess my store will be one of the last ones to markdown since their sales are so good.

I guess there really is no way of knowing when the toys will go lower, I don't want to spend a lot of money since the toys aren't that great, but I hate to wait too long like I did last year and " miss the boat" What a delimma(did I spell that right) Maybe Gator Pam knows what to do!