Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

They didn't have many lights here on the 26th. And they were almost all gone by the next day. But, these were 30% off on the Friday before Christmas, because I picked up more lights for the tree that I needed then, and others were buying them then too.

I bought the battery operated candle lights for the windows on that Friday too. One of the packages was missing a candle, and on the 26th when I went back to try an exchange, they were all sold out. Walmart sold out of them quick too. I finally found some yesterday at CVS for 75% off, but they have gold on them instead of silver. I figure no one will tell if it's on the upstairs window.

I saw Arthur and Fergus take along trains marked down to $3.xx something the other day. The Christmas trains were long gone. Also the water tower set was 50% off yesterday.

Went today and scored some christmas cards, the Weebalot Castle for $8.64, some ziploc bags, and some tape but they were pretty much cleaned out by today. It's too bad I live in a small city with only one Target close by I'd like to see some of the deals here.

The Spring Hill, FL store went 75% off yesterday. We had the backwall and 3 aisles of stuff left. My manager condensed it all to fit into two aisles and a small part of the backwall. We don't have a lot left thankfully. I had to put away 5 carts of stuff that people left all over the store. Not fun.

I have been traveling this holiday and it is absolutely KILLING me not to be able to run to my Target and shop my little heart out. We got back around 7pm last night and I was soooo tempted to run and see what they had left. I really need some outdoor decorations. Fortunately, I have 2 Targets within 5 miles of me, so here's hoping something will be on the shelf when I swing by there tonight.

childofsolitude - -Do you think the toys will get down to the 75%? Or have any idea when that might happen? Thanks!

I KNOW that they will go down to 75% because I remember that happening last year. I don't remember exactly when it went to 75% but I believe it was on a weekend last year so maybe this weekend although I'm not entirely sure. I've asked a couple of people I work with and they don't know either. If any of the price change team members are at work today when I go in, I'll ask them.

Thanks. That would be very nice of you. I've bought a couple of things for my 4 kids for next Christmas but they now want electronic things like cubeworld and password journals. So if I can get some of those early (and cheaper) I'll be that much mroe ahead of the game. LOL!

The Weebles Castle was $23.xx on Sat when I went. I know somebody earlier posted they got it for $8. I think I'm going to have to swing by tonight and see if it's change. Do you think if I called they would tell me? I could sure use the savings!

I love Target- I didnt even get to the christmas section before I spent more than I needed to.:yup:

I bought a bunch of January birthday gifts plus a few for myself. 2 of the monopoly here and now games they were marked down to 7.52 each (one as a gift & one for me). I bought 2 national geographic dinosaur operation games for 3.98 each. A barbie car with barbie for 4.98 and my big gift to myself .... The TV show 24 season 4 for 24.99. I was so excited to get this!!! My son's nestle baby formula was on sale too! I love getting my baby stuff there! So much cheaper than my local food store. I got a whole lot more but those were my true excitements.

Saw several employees come out of the store just as they were opening with their stashes they were able to shop for before opening. kinda a bummer..but i know they get to do that...and if I were a target employee..i'd be doing the same thing..LOL.

An employee told me yesterday that according to their company policy, they are not suppose to do this. I couldn't believe it. I know this has been discussed before on this board. If I were an employee I would want to do it too! ;) He said it doesn't give their "guests" a fair chance to get the items at discount prices.

The Weebles Castle was $23.xx on Sat when I went. I know somebody earlier posted they got it for $8. I think I'm going to have to swing by tonight and see if it's change. Do you think if I called they would tell me? I could sure use the savings!

Next time you are in there write down the DPCI number (on the red sticker above the price). When you call just ask if they could give you a price check and tell them you have a DPCI number.

An employee told me yesterday that according to their company policy, they are not suppose to do this. I couldn't believe it. I know this has been discussed before on this board. If I were an employee I would want to do it too! ;) He said it doesn't give their "guests" a fair chance to get the items at discount prices.

This is true. However, jcarr said that they came out of the store just as they were opening the doors. This would mean that the registers had to be open so they could pay for their things. At my store, we open our registers 15 minutes before we open. And our cashiers can't punch in until 8:00. They couldn't have bought these things before the store opened. So the employees probably purchased these items the night before. Also, we can put things aside for ourselves if we want to but we can't purchase them until we're on our breaks or off the clock.

Next time you are in there write down the DPCI number (on the red sticker above the price). When you call just ask if they could give you a price check and tell them you have a DPCI number.

Excellent idea! Will definitely do it that way! Thanks!

Toys at my Target in Georgia still seem to be rather high - i checked that Weebles thing today and it was $20+ - the Little Pony castle was $27 - that easel thing was $50, etc..

But i have a question - there are some zippered blanket sleepers in the children's section that are Hello Kitty and have candy canes and a gingerbread house on them - they are NOT 75% off - in fact, they are only 30% off (there are some others with gingerbread on them that are still full price too) - will those go down??

Toys at my store are still pretty much 30% off. I went ahead and bought the Weebles Castle for my 1 year old for $17.xx but will watch for the price to go down and rebuy and exchange with higher receipt. My store still had a lot of these so Im pretty sure they will go down soon!

Toys at my Target in Georgia still seem to be rather high - i checked that Weebles thing today and it was $20+ - the Little Pony castle was $27 - that easel thing was $50, etc..

But i have a question - there are some zippered blanket sleepers in the children's section that are Hello Kitty and have candy canes and a gingerbread house on them - they are NOT 75% off - in fact, they are only 30% off (there are some others with gingerbread on them that are still full price too) - will those go down??

I was wondering the same thing? Even the holiday dresses at mine were not even on sale??? Found that wierd? Clothing didn't seem to ring up at all? But at least our store FINALLY lowered everything else to 75 off! Although, I did have to fight to get the 75 off the crackers and cookies I bought. They were in the back with the 75 off sign and way too many boxes to have been put there by other customers. So got some good deals on those! (they were in holiday packaging)......got some candles-not gel tabs, only the ones in regular packaging. Tried scanning them and the scanner read 'information not on file' so not sure what that meant????? Was going to go try to get them 75 off but didn't. Got some odds and ends but for the most part, our stores are picked over. My mom was there early and said they must have lowered ours to 75 off last night!!

today i was @ target(hazlet,nj) and scored a few good things.there was one singing turtle which was marked $6.49 and when i scanned it the message was item not found.when i took it to the cashier she said if it says @6.49 on it then thats the price. i said no it was in 75% off.then she called someone from coustmer sevice and they gave it to me for $2.48.

I was wondering the same thing? Even the holiday dresses at mine were not even on sale??? Found that wierd? Clothing didn't seem to ring up at all? But at least our store FINALLY lowered everything else to 75 off! Although, I did have to fight to get the 75 off the crackers and cookies I bought. They were in the back with the 75 off sign and way too many boxes to have been put there by other customers. So got some good deals on those! (they were in holiday packaging)......got some candles-not gel tabs, only the ones in regular packaging. Tried scanning them and the scanner read 'information not on file' so not sure what that meant????? Was going to go try to get them 75 off but didn't. Got some odds and ends but for the most part, our stores are picked over. My mom was there early and said they must have lowered ours to 75 off last night!!

The holiday clothing is on a different schedule. It goes 30% off for a while. It goes by the regular clothing markdown. It will be a week at least before it gets marked down again. Now the Christmas socks, etc are included in teh 75% off.

I got a christmas dress last week for my daughter(not really christmasy though) for $9.99. Ours went 1/2 off with the holiday stuff. I got her christmas shirts for $1.49 yesterday and pj's for $3.XX when everything went to 75% off so you might want to keep checking on the clothes.

75% here in Brooklyn, NY!

Is that the one by the Atlantic mall, or by Gateway??

Gateway.

I stopped by this morning and boy was it worked over! They were getting ready to condense it to one or two aisles now.

I picked up some gift tags for $.24 and The XXL Ziplock bags for $1.24.

I was at my local Target yesterday and found a toy I liked for a birthgay party my son was going to today. I bought it and went to the party and fater seeing the reaction I decided I wanted more for my niece and other friends. My store had no more so I drive to the other store in my city (10 minutes away) and it was only marked down 33% instead of 50%.

Why do they do this? They had like 10 of them. I would have bought several at the lower price. I asked an employee why such similar stores are so different in markdowns. He just said, "i dunno ma'am, that's just how it is and there is really no way to know if it will ever get that cheap here."

ARGH!