Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Last year when the toys hit 75% after Christmas (wasn't it January 9 or something like that?), I went to my Target at 9:00 am and everything was still at 50% off. I came home and read all the posts about it being 75% off and I went back to the same store about 6:00 pm. When I got there, most of the toys were still at 50% off except for one aisle over by seasonal. I thought it was very odd. So, I bought some things and decided to be there the next morning when they opened. Sure enough, all of the clearance toys were 75% off when I got there on that Thursday at 8. This only happened at the store closest to me though- the other stores around went 75% off all on the same day (the day before!)

Last year when the toys hit 75% after Christmas (wasn't it January 9 or something like that?), I went to my Target at 9:00 am and everything was still at 50% off. I came home and read all the posts about it being 75% off and I went back to the same store about 6:00 pm. When I got there, most of the toys were still at 50% off except for one aisle over by seasonal. I thought it was very odd. So, I bought some things and decided to be there the next morning when they opened. Sure enough, all of the clearance toys were 75% off when I got there on that Thursday at 8. This only happened at the store closest to me though- the other stores around went 75% off all on the same day (the day before!)

Toys are done manually on the regular rotation. They are generally done on Wednesdays, but if a team at a store is behind, then it will be a day or even two days later. In August we had 2 or 3 local stores do theirs a day after the others, and one store was a full week behind. The Christmas clearance is NOT done manually, but by computer from the corporate offices.

Yep back from SE Michigan as well and still 50%. I was so bummed cause there was noone there and I could have gotten whatever I wanted. Do we really think tomorrow or more likely will it be Monday???

Me too! I kept thinking wow it is really quiet in here! Depending on where you go maybe I will see you tomorrow! :)

Me too! I kept thinking wow it is really quiet in here! Depending on where you go maybe I will see you tomorrow! :)

A combo of stores since there are so many around here LOL!! Troy, 16 & Dequindre, Rochester Rd and Auburn, and even the John R and 14 If I really need something

Yeah ours had tons left too, I think everyone is waiting for 75% off and its going to be packed. I did call my main store but they said they didnt know when it would go 75% off ARGHHH!!

A combo of stores since there are so many around here LOL!! Troy, 16 & Dequindre, Rochester Rd and Auburn, and even the John R and 14 If I really need something

Yeah ours had tons left too, I think everyone is waiting for 75% off and its going to be packed. I did call my main store but they said they didnt know when it would go 75% off ARGHHH!!

Me too. I hit Livonia, Canton, Westland. They are buliding a new Target in Canton so then I will have two to hit there. I heard even the employees saying this morning when are they getting this X-mas stuff out of here. Hopefully Tomorrow!

You all are tempting me to go to yet another Target today! :)

I did find the VTech Cameras on clearance last night for $35. These are the ones they had a special purchase that came with it's own case and were $49.99 on sale. I'm so glad I waited to buy them.

:bday3::xlbirthda

These will be birthday presents for my daughter and Goddaughter. My friend and I are taking the girly girls to Disneyland in April to celebrate their 5th birthdays. Their b-days aren't until June (my daughter) and August (my Goddaughter) but April is an awesome time of year to go.

They will be so excited to have their own cameras as they are always trying to take ours....lol And what better way for them to capture their own memories than with their own cameras. :)

For the toys, they have to physically mark one of each item for it to register at the lower price. If one has been scanned by the markdown people, all other identical ones will ring up the new price. If it has not been scanned yet, it will ring up the higher price at the price check & the register.

Well, if Christmas went to 75% off here in KC today then I totally missed out. We had to celebrate Christmas with our kiddos here at home since we were trapped in the frozen tundra for a week over Christmas. So, this morning was our "Christmas" morning. I'm just now digging out of toys. This is the earliest I've ever heard of 75% off markdowns happening. THAT would be a nice trend though. Hope everyone who made it out hit the jackpot with lots of good deals!