Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

yes, most are gone at our stores.

Calling is all well and good, but they don't know a lot of the time. The holiday markdowns are not done by the markdown team. They are done at Corporate through the computer. Last year it happened while I was in a store. I had scanned an item when I picked it up. It was 50%. I was walking around and couldn't remember exactly how much it was, so I scanned again,and it was 75% off. This happened within 10 minutes. I left that store (around 11 am) and went to another store, but it hadn't come through yet, and it was about 30 minutes before it happened there. I had to tell them employees when it happened. They were unaware.

Do the stores usually mark down in the morning or later during the day?:confused: I want to make sure I am at the store when they do go down 75%, especially if it is this weekend because I know stuff will go fast!

:D

I went back to Target in Fort Wayne, IN (off of Stellhorn St.). I found the durable games (connect 4, battleship, and trouble). They had about 15 total left.

I really had no idea how crazy this clearance stuff is. Every single asile in the toy section was clearanced. EVERYTHING!

It's like they went orange sticker crazy. I don't have any kids yet and now I know where I will be going for toys when I do.

I was reading through the earlier posts. Someone had commented about their emergency gifts box. This brings up something very interesting to me.

There is so many types of items on clearance at Target through out the year. Do most of you guys buy stuff to give as gifts throughout the year? Or do you use most of it?

I was reading through the earlier posts. Someone had commented about their emergency gifts box. This brings up something very interesting to me.

There is so many types of items on clearance at Target through out the year. Do most of you guys buy stuff to give as gifts throughout the year? Or do you use most of it?

I have things that I have kept for gift giving throughout the year. I can tell you that I have spent a lot more now that I have found this thread though, LOL. I'm not sure of how much money I am saving just because I am buying more things - just cheaper :)

It's funny, 2 years ago when my son was in kindergarten he was invited to TONS of birthday parties - at least 8. Last year that number went down to only a few and this year he has only been to 1 - so basically all the toys I have stocked up on have just been sitting up in the room. I have even bought some girly things because again in his kindergarten year and even last year he went to a girl party - but nothing this year :P

I think as far as what I buy this year I won't go as overboard. Of course I say that now - I can't resist a good deal and when I see all those women with literally carts full of toys I will HAVE to fill mine too so I don't miss out.

A quick question about Butterscotch. Has anyone else seen the pony clearanced as low as the PP above? The price she paid would have meant it was 75% off already - has anyone else seen this? My brother is looking for one for his dd and I am trying to keep an eye out for him.

TIA

That is really interesting. I have never been through a holiday markdown that wasn't done first thing in the morning when I got there. I always just figured they programed everything in the system during the overnight hours. It might drive me crazy if they did it randomly throughout the day. At least when I go in first thing and it's not done, I always know (around here anyway) that it isn't going to be done THAT day.

Oh, I know. I always go first thing after dropping DS at school, and I hate having to check back on days I expect a drop. I don't like missing things!!

A quick question about Butterscotch. Has anyone else seen the pony clearanced as low as the PP above? The price she paid would have meant it was 75% off already - has anyone else seen this? My brother is looking for one for his dd and I am trying to keep an eye out for him.

TIA

I haven't seen him, nor have I been able to find that Airport Lego set at 50% yet. I finally found a couple, but they were just 30%. I think it depends on how many they have left as a guess.

Did anyone notice that the batteries in the dollar spot area are not 75%? The sign states batteries are excluded...

I did not notice that on my sign (does not mean it did not say it and I missed it) it just stated 75% of green and orange dot, and the sign was right in front of a ton of batteries.

I got Butterscotch for 1/2 price at Target last year-- $125?? I think... I was kind of surprised to see him back out again this year. I haven't seen him on any clearance aisles though, but he is pretty big, so maybe they are keeping him hidden in the back.;)

He's pretty darn cute (or SHE as my daughters insist). We gave it to my daughter for her 4th b-day last year. I wouldn't say he sees a lot of action though. Mostly he sits there quietly. Occasionally one of my kiddos jumps on his back. Kind of just a space hog though :>(

Maybe I need to buy that cute little S'mores Furreal pony, so Butterscotch has a friend! LOL:rolleyes:

I am sitting here trying to remember, but it was one of either Target or Wal-Mart stores that changed prices mid-day on me. Go every morning to check the % off and when I went back the next day the place was really picked over because it had gone 75% mid-day. That is just not playing fair. LOL!

I haven't seen him, nor have I been able to find that Airport Lego set at 50% yet. I finally found a couple, but they were just 30%. I think it depends on how many they have left as a guess.

Ours are 50% bought one last night but have one hidden in case I can get it for 75% off All our toys went 50% off lots didn't have stickers so I would scan everything you are interested I was able to get the First Act music stuff tonight for 50% they were the last ones

Was just in another Target in St. Louis, MO looking for inflatables, and they didn't have anymore left..they also didn't have anymore tress, wrapping paper, or paper goods stuff..the only things left were a bunch of hershey's kisses, candy canes, some boxed ornaments (no more of the singles), some bows and a bunch of stockings...they also had a bunch of christmas turtlenecks with the snowflake and such prints on them..in the toy section EVERYTHING was on clearance it seemed... the my throne thingy was around $20.xx at my store...my youngest is a boy and he is 7 and they didn't really have much for him..also didn't find anything good for the girls (10 & 12)..except the Complete Scrapbooking Kit (everything needed to make your own 25 page album) for $4.xx..and the Bead Craft Set (really large) for around $5.xx...other than those things, most of the toys were for really younger children..saw the Cabbage Patch Kids Dolls for $10.00 (not a bad price for the actual kids and not the babies) and the a bunch of the Bratz stuff (like the Rock & Tour Bus) for around $17,00. No more Glade Candles or ziploc bags or paper towels, but did buy some plastic cereal bowls (red and green) for $.49 and some plastic tumbler in Christmas colors for $.99 for set of five.:D

i was at my parents target and the batteries rang up at the clearance price (there wasnt a sign listed otherwise though)

WOW, your parents have their own Target!? :eyepoppin:P tee hee

Now, wouldn't that be fun?! "Hey mom, don't open the doors for anyone til I get there and go through the clearance myself!!"

I got Butterscotch for 1/2 price at Target last year-- $125?? I think... I was kind of surprised to see him back out again this year. I haven't seen him on any clearance aisles though, but he is pretty big, so maybe they are keeping him hidden in the back.;)

No I think most of the stores around here are out of stock. I checked the DCPI online and it came up as out of stock at all stores except for a limited availability at Ward Parkway. I have found that usually means that by the time that I schlep the 20-30 minutes over there it is out of stock too, LOL. I did check the stock though in Wichita where my brother lives and there is a store there that has limited availability (maybe he will have better luck than I do) and another in Hutch that says available.

You actually helped me find one here in town last year also - LOL. Seems it was still a hot seller this year just like last.

Good evening. I have been calling every morning to find out what the discount percent is. They have been really nice on the phone about it.

I just looked up the numbers on the Target website.

Also has anyone seen the games on clearance - Connect 4, Trouble, and Battleship? They are in plastic containers for easy travel. They are very durable. I bought the connect 4 but am thinking about going back to get the other ones.

I bought those last summer at Target. Wanted more & found them for $5 (reg price) at the Dollar General (this was 2-3 weeks ago)

I don't like to (or need to) shop in Dec. I have a "present closet" (which is huge) and stuff in the attic. I give stuff year round for birthdays, weddings, baby showers, whatever...

My cousin asked me, "do you pay full price for anything?" My response was, "I sure try not to!"

I am off to Target - 75% off????

I am hoping it's not 75% off today, I am in the middle of a snow storm and my normal 30 min trip into Target would probably take over an 1hr. The snow is ruining my chances of getting a good deal:gdparanoid:

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON ANY GOOD DEALS YOU FIND!!

Do the stores usually mark down in the morning or later during the day?:confused: I want to make sure I am at the store when they do go down 75%, especially if it is this weekend because I know stuff will go fast!

Usually they do it early in the morning. That was my first experience having it later in the day. For Holiday stuff, that is. The regular markdowns start at about 4 in the morning and go till about 2 in the afternoon.