Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Orlando area is 75% off backpacks and school supplies. Got the 7-8 person Greatland tent (couldn't find any of the Eddie Bauer ones) for $24.xx at 75%. The store had four of them but the stickers all said 50%. Decided to check the price cause I know it would've bugged me all the way home if I hadn't. After lugging the heavy tent to three different scanners, they don't have the ones where you can key in numbers, I struck gold! So glad I decided to double check the price. And for anyone in O-town looking for the Schwinn bike trailers, they had at least four of them marked 75% off.

Scored a ton of 75% school supplies today - you can never have too much of that stuff, especially when you are paying approximately $0.40 for everything. Many items have been moved to the Stationary dept. endcaps and do not have updated clearance stickers. Most of the stickers still read 30% but are scanning 75%. I couldn't resist picking up a backpack at $3.XX too.

I also got DS a Hot Wheels bike helmet which includes the elbow and knee pads at 75% off, $5.XX. One of these days we'll get around to taking his training wheels off. He desperately needs to learn to ride without them.

And last, a couple spare sets of swim goggles for DS at 75% off, $3.XX. These always seem to get lost so I like to have extras.

I did see a couple remaining Schwinn bike trailers at 75% off...but passed.

DH will be happy, I spent less than $20 on my Target venture today.

I've found the best way to do that is to return it late at night just before they close. Then be there right away in the morning. Even though I rarely do that (cause it's kind of a hassle), the couple of times I have done that, it has worked for me. I suppose you always run the risk of a store employee intercepting it. There is one Target store near me that has a lot of young guys working in the evenings. Usually, the stuff I'm buying is for little kids, so when I return the item to that store in the evenings, it's pretty safe that these young guys won't be interested. If I were you I would also take off the orange sticker. There is a chance that it won't get reticketed and may just go back out without any ticket on it. That would be great for you since YOU know what it will ring up as. Good Luck.

Thanks! I thought about going back the next morning if they won't let me rebuy it that night before they close. But that means I need to take it back tomorrow night so I can go back Saturday morning (without the kids). I can't make them get up and be at Target with me at 8am. Seems too early since they don't have to be at school until 9am. Good thought about taking off the orange sticker! Thanks so much. I really want this but am feeling guilty about paying $50, even thought that's still a good price. I really, really hope this works!!

I bought 2 Cars bike helmets for my boys on clearance for $5.24 each. They came with elbow & knee pads. I also finally found the 10 pack of Minute Maid juice boxes for 69 cents each. I bought all the packs they had on the shelf.

which location in Az were you at?

Just an FYI for Southern Californians. I stopped by the Glendale Galleria store today, and they did not have much left by way of school supplies, and they were still 30% off. All on the endcaps in Stationery.

They had not done their Sporting Goods markdowns. They still had a few of the bike trailers and strollers.

Alhambra store has not done Sporting Goods markdowns. They have several bike trailers and a few strollers. School supplies still at 30%.

If I get lucky and find a bit of time tomorrow, I'll head over to La Verne, San Dimas & Diamond Bar, but it is doubtful. Not sure if the main reason I go that way will be ready for me to come, and time is just not in great supply. :-)

Oh, I forgot to mention that Target paid me for getting my 3 prescriptions filled there today! I have upcoming oral surgery and the doctor did the prescriptions ahead of time so I could be ready. One had a $15 copay, one had a $4 copay, and one was $0. Yes, that's right, $0. For some reason there was no charge for the painkiller which was weird all on its own. Well, I had 3 CVS $25 new prescription coupons, so they gave me $75. $75-$19=$56 for me to get my prescriptions. Yippee!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Target paid me for getting my 3 prescriptions filled there today! I have upcoming oral surgery and the doctor did the prescriptions ahead of time so I could be ready. One had a $15 copay, one had a $4 copay, and one was $0. Yes, that's right, $0. For some reason there was no charge for the painkiller which was weird all on its own. Well, I had 3 CVS $25 new prescription coupons, so they gave me $75. $75-$19=$56 for me to get my prescriptions. Yippee!

Great Job!!:eyepoppin

I bought 2 Cars bike helmets for my boys on clearance for $5.24 each. They came with elbow & knee pads. I also finally found the 10 pack of Minute Maid juice boxes for 69 cents each. I bought all the packs they had on the shelf.

Do you have the DCPI for the Cars Helmets? Thanks!

Thanks! I thought about going back the next morning if they won't let me rebuy it that night before they close. But that means I need to take it back tomorrow night so I can go back Saturday morning (without the kids). I can't make them get up and be at Target with me at 8am. Seems too early since they don't have to be at school until 9am. Good thought about taking off the orange sticker! Thanks so much. I really want this but am feeling guilty about paying $50, even thought that's still a good price. I really, really hope this works!!

I forgot to suggest to you that when you return it, just ask very nicely if there is any way that you might be able to rebuy it. Although it doesn't always work, it has worked for me as many times as it hasn't. I had 3 sacks of Christmas toys last year that I bought at 50% off and when I returned them, I just quietly asked the CSR if there might be a way for me to buy some of them back. She said "sure... just means I don't have to put them all back!" I was AMAZED. Your mileage may vary on this, but if you go later in the evening when it's quiet and management isn't likely to be around, you may be surprised at the answer you get. Especially since what you are buying is rather large and the CSR on duty might just think, "okay saves me that hassle of hauling it back out to the floor." I always figure it's worth a try. All they can say is "no" and if they do, just tell them you totally understand and come back the next day. The main thing is to be really nice no matter what they say cause they don't "owe" it to you to sell it back to you on the spot.

I forgot to suggest to you that when you return it, just ask very nicely if there is any way that you might be able to rebuy it. Although it doesn't always work, it has worked for me as many times as it hasn't. I had 3 sacks of Christmas toys last year that I bought at 50% off and when I returned them, I just quietly asked the CSR if there might be a way for me to buy some of them back. She said "sure... just means I don't have to put them all back!" I was AMAZED. Your mileage may vary on this, but if you go later in the evening when it's quiet and management isn't likely to be around, you may be surprised at the answer you get. Especially since what you are buying is rather large and the CSR on duty might just think, "okay saves me that hassle of hauling it back out to the floor." I always figure it's worth a try. All they can say is "no" and if they do, just tell them you totally understand and come back the next day. The main thing is to be really nice no matter what they say cause they don't "owe" it to you to sell it back to you on the spot.

Thanks, I think I'm going to try it tonight. That way if I have to go back in the morning I can go without taking the kids that early. I will be as nice as I can be (which I always am anyway because I used to work retail and know what it's like) and hopefully I'll get someone like you said. It's a decent size box so maybe you're right and they won't want to take it back out to the floor that late at night. Keep your fingers crossed!

Found several of the Crayola big coloring books for $1.48 (75%), although the sticker said 30%. The Cars one is 081040292 and Disney Princess is 081040293. They were on an endcap in craft section. School supply area had only folders and notebooks, but I saw boxes filled with school supplies on a cart. Wasn't sure if they were packed up to be donated, or brought in to be put on the floor. I guess I'll have to go back later tonight to check. Had a problem with check out though. I bought two Spiderman bandaid bonus packs for 50% off ($2.48),and had two $.50 Mfgr coupons. The cashier wouldn't let me use both because the coupon was "limit one per purchase." I told her yes, but I'm purchasing two and it didn't say limit one per transaction. She was seriously thinking about it, shaking her head, and not wanting to let me use both coupons. Finally I said, they ring them up separately. Again, she looked like I was asking for her firstborn child. All this over a $.50 coupon! She finally gave in, and rang the other box of bandaids separately. Target really needs to better train the cashiers on coupon redemption policies.

Do you have the DCPI for the Cars Helmets? Thanks!

I saw these this morning, and the shelf tag has them labeled $5.14, so they don't even look like clearance. At least at my store that is true. They are hanging with all the regular ones. It is the multi-sport type. Here is a photo. No, I don't have the DCPI.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/02/65/99/74/0002659974332_500X500.jpg

scored on the school supplies yesterday. Five Star 5 subject notebooks were only $1. My son is in advanced classes and they have to have these. I stocked up. Also 3 subject ones were only like .84.

Got a composition book for only .14 ( my daughter will need this next year).

Alot of freezer food items were on clearance. got a bag of hot and spicy chicken tenders for only $2. Great quick dinner for football nights.

Car scented things (the ones you hang on your mirror) were only $1 for a 5 pack. Bought a couple packs.

Maybelline mascara w/ free eye brow pencil was $1.50. Glad I found that as I needed a new one.

I saw these this morning, and the shelf tag has them labeled $5.14, so they don't even look like clearance. At least at my store that is true. They are hanging with all the regular ones. It is the multi-sport type. Here is a photo. No, I don't have the DCPI.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/02/65/99/74/0002659974332_500X500.jpg

This is exactly what I bought and they were hanging with the regular priced helmets and the shelf tag was white not red like a typical clearance and it read $5.14. Here is the DPCI:

This is exactly what I bought and they were hanging with the regular priced helmets and the shelf tag was white not red like a typical clearance and it read $5.14. Here is the DPCI:

Thank you for the DPCI. I couldn't wait and went this morning. My store had them with the 5.14 tag as well. I need the Toddler size though, ours were 5+. Anyone see them in Toddler size at Target (I have seen them elsewhere)? Thanks!

Backpacks... backpacks.... and more backpacks.... 75% off. Ended up to be $6.74 each. They also had insulated cars and barbie lunch boxes for 2.74, boys swimsuits for 2.74. Plastic tablecoths for 1.48 and kitchen sets for 3.74 and dishcloths for that too. Very few school supplies left, and not much in the beauty/health area today.

they let you use CVS's pharmacy coupon?

Target will accept competitor pharmacy coupons.

Yep, that's right. Up to something like $30 or $35 per coupon. I clip every pharmacy coupon (especially during the fall & winter when it is one round of sinus infections after another with my boys and me) and alternate my one standing prescription between Ralphs (Kroger) & Target. I even have it in my online calendar to do it every 21 days (the limit for insurance) so that I maximize my savings during the year. :yup:

Not sure if this is up yet, but there are XM Radio and Sirrus radio giftcards which are 50% off. So a $55 giftcard was 27.50. You can use for service already in place, we bought 3, added them to our account and since we paid for a year, we got an extra month free! They were in the electronics area clearance, directly behind the counter area.

Where did you find the coupon for the new prescription gift card at CVS?