Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Went to the Massillon Target today (NE Ohio) and they marked the backpacks down to 75%, the rest of the school supplies are still 50%. There was also one charcoal grill left, orig $60, now $15 (75%). I don't need one so I left it if anyone in the area is looking for one.

They also had a bike trailer on clearance - I believe it was $50.xx.

Woohoo! I got 2 of the 10 packs of the solar lights I wanted for $19.98 each. If anyone is looking for them in the Los Angeles area, we have a TON at the East Pasadena store - 210 freeway at Madre exit. There were at least 15 more sets.

They are in the garden center along one of the walls. They also had a couple of Aussie grills.

Ok hit the same target 3 times today LOL I couldnt resist. Roseart 24 ct crayons - 3cents, 24 pk pencils - 21 cents, Roseart washable markers 37 cents, 10 packs of spiral notebooks 25cents, rulers 5 cents, index cards 10 cents, papermate pens 20 cents, 10 pack of folders 25 cents, the crayola washable set with markers paints and crayons were 1.79, and I loaded up with bratz items from dollar spot at 25 cents each. Bausch and Lomb Renu No rub contact lens solution for 3.98, a bunch of shirts and shorts in the boys section 75% off most were 1.98. I filled up my school supply closet and only spent 30 dollars.

Ok hit the same target 3 times today LOL I couldnt resist. Roseart 24 ct crayons - 3cents, 24 pk pencils - 21 cents, Roseart washable markers 37 cents, 10 packs of spiral notebooks 25cents, rulers 5 cents, index cards 10 cents, papermate pens 20 cents, 10 pack of folders 25 cents, the crayola washable set with markers paints and crayons were 1.79, and I loaded up with bratz items from dollar spot at 25 cents each. Bausch and Lomb Renu No rub contact lens solution for 3.98, a bunch of shirts and shorts in the boys section 75% off most were 1.98. I filled up my school supply closet and only spent 30 dollars.

were your school supplies at 30% long? I am wondering if they'll push some of our areas through the markdown cycle faster because of Halloween.

Kansas City shoppers....Nice finds at the State Line Super Target. An amazing deal on Capri Sun 20 packs for 1/2 price. They are marked down to $1.98 (reg. $4.99). Use the 50 cent off coupon on the generator and they become very close in price to the illustrious Minute Maid 10 packs. The math is .074 cents per juice box on the Capri Suns and .069 on the Minute Maids... and when you take into account how difficult it can be to FIND the MMs.... well, the Capri Suns are flying off the shelf, but they still have many, many left. I haven't seen these at any other Target. I don't know if they just found them in the back room and realized they had a ton left or what. The expiration date is June of 2008, so that makes it easy to stock up.

I also found the back to school Puffs boxes in the regular tissue aisle... unmarked. They were 1/2 price $1.57 for 4 boxes of Puffs. Backpacks, lunch boxes and school supplies are all 50% off at this Target.

The Stanly store had 75% off backpacks, and 50% off lunch boxes and school supplies. Kind of weird. The Oak Park store was JUST NOW marking school supplies to 30% when I was there on Tuesday. Don't know if everyone will go to 75% at the same time or not. Last year, it was Sept. 19th that I have receipts from several stores that went 75% on their school supplies.

Finally..... I found a decent markdowns my my Targets. One had their bikes marked down to $13.xx but the other didn't. But the boxes were messed up badly. I really wanted two of them but was scared the parts were not all there. I did get the AXE sets for $3.XX. I also found Daytona cologne for my son for $6.xx. It was regular $24.xx. My family is huge Nascar fans, so I hit the Nascar clearance. I was just excited to FINALLY find a bargain. I was talking to the manager and clerk at the check out about the clearance stuff. I am on a Target high now. I can't wait for Saturday to hit the Target aisles again. Target is 30 minutes away for me.

Ran by target while my DD was cheerleading at a game. I got 4 -women's prospirit socks(6pk) for 1.48 each

3 of the clorox wipes(2pks) that were in the school supplies for 2.98 each

2 citronella candles for 2.23 each(less $4.00 in coupons)

2 refills for the candles .74 and 2.08(less 2.00 in coupons)

I was really excited about finding the clorox wipes and socks, b/c they are the big canisters and I go through them like crazy!!:cheesy:

And my kids are always losing socks!!

were your school supplies at 30% long? I am wondering if they'll push some of our areas through the markdown cycle faster because of Halloween.

We started school here on August 17th. I think the supplies were at 30% for about a week and 50% about 2 weeks They moved in all the halloween stuff and moved the SS stuff to one aisle and cut it to 75% off the same day as they completed getting all the halloween stuff in.

The Target in Chesapeake has school supplies 30% off. The tent I wanted is gone UGH there is one more chance for one marked 30%right now. One of my DS would like one but doesnt need one so I only want to get it if its 75% off otherwise I'll pass, but I sure would love to get it. No bikes, no color wonder sets, all I found were a few stocking stuffers for 75% off in the dollar spot.

How long were the school supplies at 30% at your store? Just trying to gauge what to expect here.

The school supplies were at 30% for two weeks. Now everything is at 50%, with the exception of notebooks and folders, which are at 75%. Hoping the backpacks go to 75% next week!

Finally got the Suncast storage deck benches today for $22.xx. I was confused because I had checked a couple of stores that had them for $49.99 and $69.99 (50 gal. and 75 gal.) so I didn't know if they just weren't marked down yet. The difference was the clearanced ones are the storage benches with a back. The new ones that are reg. price are just standard storages without a backing. I was happy to find two at 75% off regardless.

Finally got the Suncast storage deck benches today for $22.xx. I was confused because I had checked a couple of stores that had them for $49.99 and $69.99 (50 gal. and 75 gal.) so I didn't know if they just weren't marked down yet. The difference was the clearanced ones are the storage benches with a back. The new ones that are reg. price are just standard storages without a backing. I was happy to find two at 75% off regardless.

Great job. I've been reading all the post on them, my Target doesn't have anymore.

My Target is also still at 30% for the school supplies, some backpacks are 50%, I'm waiting for lovetoshop to post when SGV Targets drop to 75% so I can clean them out of school supplies. I want to get some for the teachers.

Okay, I was on a Target mission today. I went to the Target in Palmdale and the school supplies were still at 30%, however, I did grab the $2.00 off coupons from the OFF Lanterns that were not marked down at all. Only the Mosq Lamps were 75% from $7.99 to $1.98 I used several coupons on that (5 @$1.98 less four $2.00 coupons/5 for $2.72). I then went to the Target in Lancaster and the Off Lanterns were 75%, but no coupons, however, I still had 2 left from early and was able to get the Lanterns for $1.98 (Orig. $12.99). Their school supplies were 50% and their summer outdoor items were 75%. They had tons of backpacks! I got a Smith & Hawken dial thermometer for $1.98!! and I got a garden hose hanger for $3.24 (078010180)

So I was quite pleased and will quietly hawk the school supplies until they are 75%.

Went to the Massillon Target today (NE Ohio) and they marked the backpacks down to 75%, the rest of the school supplies are still 50%. There was also one charcoal grill left, orig $60, now $15 (75%). I don't need one so I left it if anyone in the area is looking for one.

They also had a bike trailer on clearance - I believe it was $50.xx.

What kinda bike trailer? Like the one I attach for my toddler to my bike? Mel

i wonder if its college/university towns that havent marked their school items down yet...

Don't know but we are a college town (Auburn) and are up to 50 & 75 off on school supplies. But our schools started in August b/c it gets so hot here kids can't play outside, so they start school earlier and then get out in May!

I am very organize, keep up with what did last year at same time on a calendar so I remember this year. {That is how life was before we had message boards or I found yall!}

And last year I had that new Halloween displays went up at Target the last week of Sept. This year, the same Target went up with Halloween this Tuesday (9/11/07)! What gives---nearly 3 weeks earlier! But school started hear earlier a week than 2006.

Last year I got the Halloween tree with orange lights for my front porch. When I put it out I was not happy that it did not have the stand that the store display did! It did have some prongs to stick it in ground, but not what I need for a high porch far from ground. This year apparently they come with stand too.

When these go on sale I want one with stnd!

Also, Does anyone remember the little man (mortimer the mortician) that came out for Halloween decor in 2004 or 2005? He was a scray looking man with no head top, that is where you put in candy. I want one! I was told that year that he was one of the "at certain stores only" products. We moved that year and the one my old Target had sold quickly (i should not have waited for clearance) and the new city did not carry them. Did anyone see them last year or this year yet?

WAHOO... after months and months of searching I finally found 2 MM $.69 packs of juiceboxes. PARTY!

School supplies still 30% - backpacks finally at 50%. Wondering if they're still holding off to mark it off more due to Ohio State not starting yet?? Pool stuff is still only 50%.

What kinda bike trailer? Like the one I attach for my toddler to my bike? Mel

They have 2 kinds. The kind that one or two toddler's might sit in (I haven't checked the specs on how much it can handle) like a little wagon with a zip shut front. Here is a photo, but I cannot remember what brand is on sale. It may or may not be the In Step.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X1MGESC9L._SS260_.jpg

They also have the kind that are for slightly older children that makes your bike into something like a tandem so they can still pedal and have handle bars, but are attached to your bike. The one on sale is Schwinn.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/516FNSWTCPL._AA262_.jpg

Lawn chairs still $20 here in N.E. Ohio!!! What was left of garden supplies were still full price. Grills instead of being able to scan them the floor models had the red rectangular tags with markdown price no where near 75%. :mad:

I did find more calphalon bakeware 75% & a diamond necklas 75% off, so not a total loss.:D