Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Wow, I guess I will take the kids in and try Target one more time for school supplies, ours was 30% yesterday and thought it would go 50% before 75% but maybe not! Weird movement of clearance this year, our backpacks are 75% off already?? Oh well, another chance to look around, you never know what pops up on clearance.

went to Target to get acne medicine for my daughter ( which was on clearance too) but also got for my son 10 graphics t shiirts including spongebob, spiderman and cars ones for 1.98 each, 1 pair of shorts for 93 cents and 4 pairs of champion athlethic pants for 1.54 each. Also found a whiteboard frame with corkboard in the middle for my daughters room for 3.98 reg 19.99, last week I found the wet wipe off magnetic blackboard one for my sons room so they will be getting these for Christmas. We are doing Christmas twice this year, Dec 25th for santa and then at the end of january/early february we are having a family christmas because my husband will not return from his deployment until then so the more stuff I can find for them on clearance the better ! LOL

We are doing Christmas twice this year, Dec 25th for santa and then at the end of january/early february we are having a family christmas because my husband will not return from his deployment until then so the more stuff I can find for them on clearance the better ! LOL

Ooohh...You'll also get to take advantage of the after Christmas toy clearance. Those deals are always great!

I would love if someone would be willing to send me stuff and I will return your money plus shipping,

would love 2 girl back packs and 2 boy back packs,school supplies for stockings,cars,star wars,nascar,bratz,anything nascar,anythign for grilling,we dont have a targer close

michelle

School supplies at 75% in Green Bay, I bought 56 boxes of crayons for .03 = $1.77, I decided to give them out for Halloween instead of candy or maybe with a little candy. Back packs were 75% but lunch boxes were only 50%.:smart:

Another thing that is fun to do is get backpacks, lunchboxes, supplies on clearance and make Toys for tots gifts (or similar) by giving a backpack with lunchbox and school supplies (just put all the supplies inside the backpack), even a stuff animal or something small like that included in the backpack. We usually donate about $50-$100 worth of toys, etc to the TOT box every year, this is our cost which is usually the 75% off toys/backpacks etc.

I also use backpacks as "wrapping" for birthday presents (its actually part of the gift) if the pack is $3-4 plus some sort of toy or craft set, it makes great presents and you don't have to wrap anything.

Another thing that is fun to do is get backpacks, lunchboxes, supplies on clearance and make Toys for tots gifts (or similar) by giving a backpack with lunchbox and school supplies (just put all the supplies inside the backpack), even a stuff animal or something small like that included in the backpack. We usually donate about $50-$100 worth of toys, etc to the TOT box every year, this is our cost which is usually the 75% off toys/backpacks etc.

I also use backpacks as "wrapping" for birthday presents (its actually part of the gift) if the pack is $3-4 plus some sort of toy or craft set, it makes great presents and you don't have to wrap anything.

Those are great ideas! Thanks!

School supplies were 75% off at the Bainbridge, OH store. Lots still left after work today too ! I bought about $20 worth of stuff, to donate to a school in the area that's not so fortunate. Other than that, slim pickens, well, nothing that great of a deal. lol

I love the backpack idea, stuffing it with school supplies or gifts for the birthdays, etc...:fluffy:

Major score on school supplies in KC today. I just didn't have any luck finding anything at most of the Targets that went from 30-50% off...seemed like there was nothing left by the time it got to 75% last week. But, today, 2 Targets (Oak Park and Mission) went straight from 30 to 75% off. OMG, there was so much left. Tons of Crayola, post its, scotch tape Hello Kitty folders and tablets, Crayola pip squeak markers and creativity kits, super glue, masking tape, 64 count crayons... I even found 4 large Rubbermaid type containers used for hanging files. They had just finished marking, and I had the whole aisle to myself. (It was nice cause I didn't have to bother anyone to scan and ticket stuff for me.) The lunch boxes didn't appear to be marked. Very nice day on school supply deals for me finally.

AGHH!!! I went to Oak Park Target after work knowing they would have went straight to 75% from 30% (the SuperTarget on 119th and Metcalf did...went there during lunch) and there wasn't a crayon to be found! That's what I was hoping to get. :( I got a few random things, but not a lot. What I really wanted was already gone.

Has anyone found labelmakers for 75% off? It seems that they were marked at 30% off with the school supplies, so maybe they will go down soon? (I saw a bunch of them at 30% at the metcalf super target in KC, but it is too far to check on unless I know they are a good deal..)

I got the label makers at the SuperTarget on 119th and Metcalf. They had a ton last week at 30% but only about 7 left when I was there during lunch. Got one for me and one for DD's teacher for christmas. I was very happy about that...disappointed I couldn't find a crayon at 4 of the Targets I went to between this week and last week all on the day that they went 75% off. Oh well...there's always next year. :cool:

I will be updating and maybe playing with the formatting on the clearance deals site (http://aacwks.50webs.com/) throughout the night between checking out the deals at ThingFling. They are doing Wacky Wednesday third edition. It is like a woot off but better. They are starting a little before midnight (central) and going all day tomorrow. I have been working so much that I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I have several pages of deals to catch up on. kbrady2 probably has a lot of the deals listed on the site already but there are probably a few more I will be able to add from various places.

Would it be worth it to check the regular aisles to see if any of the clearanced stuff mysteriously found its way there??? And, if you feel ethically inclined, you could hide the stuff in plain view next time :P.

School supplies 75% off today, yippee. I didn't bother checking yesterday so I don't know if they marked it down yesterday or today, but I'm pretty sure it was today because of how much was left. Was looking for Funtainers and found a couple that I liked - Pirates of the Caribbean. Great great Post-It office supplies and stuff, and I got a class set of rulers for 6¢ each. Whee!! Also a half dozen packs of the Sharpies (part of Christmas present for fellow teachers).

Lots of markdowns in Domestics - throw pillows, drapes and curtains, and bedding. I got a F/Q quilt for $12.48.

Also 50% off to 75% off in lamps and lighting, 50% off so far in frames.

Calphalon sets only 30% off!! :eyepoppin Another Target is already 50% off but 75% is much much better.

Lots of stationery (card sets, and some of the print-at-home wedding invites, place cards, and gift-box type stuff 30% off. Gift wrap/bags went straight to 50% off today, from what I could tell.

I got a two pack of disney princess ice packs for $1.oo and thought that was a good deal.

It is a pretty good deal! Dollar Spot stuff goes 75% off (on a Thursday) every 6 weeks or so, though, so it can be an even better deal!!! (It goes 50% off on a Sunday, first, then that Thursday will be 75% off. The next Sunday will be the last day they have the Dollar Spot stuff out for 75% off before they reset the section for the next cycle.) I was DYING for some more Hello Kitty stuff so I actually bought a few things at the 99¢ store when I saw it - I think single ice packs. The cute stuff never lasts at Target anymore, not around here at least.

I found the Graco pack-n-play yard rise and shine for 29.98 regular 59.99.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/602-8997348-3699011?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000LP2G6K

I know it was an internet only item. My neice just recently found out she is pregnant and I was debating whether to buy it or not, so I hid it for now. I know it is a good price, but does anyone know if it would get marked down any further?

On online returns, I don't think it usually gets marked down any further. Was it a regular little red markdown sticker, or was it one of the longer red and white ones? The longer red and white ones are the last price, for the most part. And lately, half the time it's a higher price than what I last saw it at :shock:.

Will check another Target tomorrow to see what other school stuff I can score!

On online returns, I don't think it usually gets marked down any further. Was it a regular little red markdown sticker, or was it one of the longer red and white ones? The longer red and white ones are the last price, for the most part. And lately, half the time it's a higher price than what I last saw it at :shock:.

Will check another Target tomorrow to see what other school stuff I can score!

Oh contraire! They DO mark online returns down all the way to 75% and sometimes 90%. I have gotten a few goodies that way!

where do you get online returns? Is that a special store?

Online returns are items bought on Target.com that people decide they don't want and they return it to a Target store instead of shipping it back.

I got the clearance deals list as updated as it is going to get for tonight. I thought I would be able to find more deals to list but it is mostly the same school supplies and sporting goods items that we have known about for several days. Now, I have got to get some sleep.

Online returns are items bought on Target.com that people decide they don't want and they return it to a Target store instead of shipping it back.

Yep, they are often the ones with red & white long price stickers. If you look at the sticker, it often will say Target.com only or something like that. I have most often seen baby items, but I am guessing that the manual lawnmower someone reported recently was one. I got a play tent in sporting goods that was one once. So if you see some oddball thing sitting on an endcap, that may well be what it is.

Yep, they are often the ones with red & white long price stickers. If you look at the sticker, it often will say Target.com only or something like that. I have most often seen baby items, but I am guessing that the manual lawnmower someone reported recently was one. I got a play tent in sporting goods that was one once. So if you see some oddball thing sitting on an endcap, that may well be what it is.

Okay, it is the long red and white sticker. Do they have to mark it down manually or what? I hid it pretty good, at least I think i did. I don't know what to do with it. If I bring it out of hiding, it will probably get snatched up before they mark it down again. Any advice? If I lose it, it's not a real big deal because my neice is not sure as to what she wants, but if it's cheap enough I will get it anyways.

Finally my school supplies went 75% .. odd they skipped the 50% - but worked for me as my kids told me they will only use mechanical pencils from here on out. I shouldn't have to buy any more mechanical pencils for the rest of the school year today.

Went to look at the portable a/c at my local Target and my store only has them at 30% off while another Target already had them at 50% this weekend.

Some of the College 07 stuff was 75% off as well, but not the sheets and towels. That's 50% right now. Odd.

My SuperTarget has started putting clearance items in the regular aisle and not on the endcaps recently in certain departments. It makes it harder now to spot the bargains!

I love the online Target returns as they usually hit the sales floor at least at 50% off, sometimes 75%.

I picked up a cute pair of IM silk pants last night 75% off for $9.xx.

Finally my school supplies went 75% .. odd they skipped the 50% - but worked for me as my kids told me they will only use mechanical pencils from here on out. I shouldn't have to buy any more mechanical pencils for the rest of the school year today.

I hope mine went to 75% off too. My boys use the mechanical pencils too. My store had about a 100 packs of those and sharpies. I will stock up for sure.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I guess in my experience with the red/white clearance tags is, markdown team doesn't touch them. So, whatever that tag says is what it's gonna stay, since I've never seen it get marked down any more once they put that tag on it. Sometimes the tag itself is a 50% - 85% markdown already, though. If you've seen further markdowns, you're so lucky!!

Actually, I see that tag the most on clearance clothing in the baby section, when sets get separated and they individually price an item from a set. It's not usually a big enough discount to make me get it, but sometimes it is - 75% off or more.

I think 50% off is a decent deal, but if your niece is not sure she wants it, hold off on it for now, I'd say.

Whee, another Target today. :)

I went to two targets in our area (portland) today and the school supplies were gone:no: They went to 30% and then were taken off of the shelves:mad: Did get a cute shirt for DS for 1.48 but not many good clearance deals. Thought there would be a lot more especially since they are bringing in Christmas stuff already!

AGHH!!! I went to Oak Park Target after work knowing they would have went straight to 75% from 30% (the SuperTarget on 119th and Metcalf did...went there during lunch) and there wasn't a crayon to be found! That's what I was hoping to get. :( I got a few random things, but not a lot. What I really wanted was already gone.

This happened here too (Layton, UT store). I went in last Thursday, and all the school stuff was 30% and going nowhere fast. I had a busy weekend and couldn't get in to check it out again until yesterday, when it was 75% off. They had TONS of pens for 12 cents a 10-pack, but none of the composition notebooks which was (of course) exactly what I was looking for. GRRRRR!

Okay, it is the long red and white sticker. Do they have to mark it down manually or what? I hid it pretty good, at least I think i did. I don't know what to do with it. If I bring it out of hiding, it will probably get snatched up before they mark it down again. Any advice? If I lose it, it's not a real big deal because my neice is not sure as to what she wants, but if it's cheap enough I will get it anyways.

They do have to mark it down manually, I think. I would leave it where it is for a couple of weeks, as these tend to get marked down much more slowly than other items. I'd try to be at the store when they are marking that department or a nearby one and ask a markdown team member if it is still that price (scan it first on the off chance that they do mark down automatically). Can't hurt to try.

They do have to mark it down manually, I think. I would leave it where it is for a couple of weeks, as these tend to get marked down much more slowly than other items. I'd try to be at the store when they are marking that department or a nearby one and ask a markdown team member if it is still that price (scan it first on the off chance that they do mark down automatically). Can't hurt to try.

Thanks, I think I will wait. Time is on my side. My neice isn't due until April, but my dsister and I are getting excited about it. I want to stock up on diapers too when they run good deals on them.

YAY, finally the school supplies were 50% today in Lewisville, Texas. Lots of backpacks, lunch boxes (I didn't know that lunch boxes come empty now), tons of folders, index cards, spiral notebooks, .03 crayons, glue sticks.

Bought lots of Transformers folders for .24

Wonder if they will mark those things down even further.

heads up KC shoppers,

the target at 119th and Metcalf was putting out a ton of Rose art crayons for $.03. They seemed to be in boxes from the back. I know that they were not out last night, since I was there then too.

I wonder what else they are bring in from the back. (All school supplies are on back endcaps by Halloween.)

Houston Westheimer/Fondren:

Went for a second day run on school supplies. As of noon today, they still had a good supply of:

10 pk spiral notebooks [college ruled only]; Bic Mechanical Pencils; 3¢ crayons; highlighters; folders [fancier type]; pencils; book covers & a gazillion 3x5 index cards.