Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

So what new things are coming out in the dollar section? I love when they get new things. Ours was completely empty on Saturday.

This is what I can remember...there was a lot of new stuff. I saw some different things at both Targets I visited, but it looks like they are still resetting them.

Socks for kids and adults with characters on them. Card making kits, matching journals, matching note sets. Herb growing kit in a little pot. Strawberries and tomatoes, and some other things too. Fruit flavored lip gloss in really cute containers. Little organizer baskets, hard case document holder, little plastic storage cases. Desk organizers (pencil cups, desk accessory kit), headbands (really nice wide ones!), little make up bags. Baby accessories (sippy cups, tshirts, bibs) These had cherries, strawberries, etc on them. There were some child size hangers in really bright colors. Maybe 4 in a pack...I'm not sure. Stickers and some little Mom gifts.

There was more, but I just can't remember it all. I love love love when they get new stuff in!

I found an 80 hour Tivo originally $219 clearanced to $156....then there is a $150 rebate!!!!

I think the rebate is only for purchase with new subscription to the TIVO service, I may be wrong. But I have had a TIVO for 2 years now and I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! It is worth its fee just to be able to pause, rewind, and slo-mo LOST!

You do need to purchase service for tivo. I think now you have a "contract" 1-3+ years.

Or you can prepay for 1-3 years.

What would you say is the average yearly fee? If I could find the tivo at the price with the rebate I would consider it a good Christmas gift for three fo my sons. I would even pay the service if it is not too much.

I think TiVo service is $12-15 a month. We lucked out and got a life time subscription for $300 about a month before they stopped the offer. I would LOVE to get another one (for the bedroom) and get a life time subscription for it. TiVo is the greatest thing ever!!!!!

I hit pay dirt tonight at a brand new Target! I have never been here before. Its been opened about 2 months. And I had to go to fedex to drop off packages so I decided to swing by (its 1/2 mile away from fedex). A bunch of the 2pks had already been poked into or torn open. But not 3pk of the bigger bulbs. I got 3 $5 GC and a $100. I saw red so I figured it was a 4th $5 one but when I got to the car and opened all the packages, I couldnt believe my luck! Thank you to whoever poked and took all the other GC's AND coupons but left these packs at the bottom of the shelf!

I also got 10 cans of chef boyardee mini spaghetti and MB for 49 cents, 8 packs of the free Quaker granola bars (the ones at the checkout), 4 single serve of the cereal for free and they gave me 11 cents to take them because they were 89 cents each! I also got some more of the Pepsi jazz for free. I also got a bunch of easter candy to use as party favors for my grams 90th bday party.

Again, I cant believe that people just stole the GC's AND the coupons but they tore some of the packs completely open!

TiVo - The upc on my rec. is 008060100.....yes, we did sign up..prices are between $12.95 a month up to $17.95.....however, we looked into TiVo a few years ago and opted to pass....we didn't want to pay the nearly $300 for the unit and then the monthly costs as well.....but now that I found this deal.....we decided to try it!

I noticed that a few of you said you were using the newer energy efficient light bulbs...here is an article that you might want to read before changing over to them!!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/viewpoints.aspx?articleid=147836&zoneid=34

They contain mercury and have to be disposed of accordingly...and God forbid if you have one break in your house! This poor woman had to pay over $2000 in clean up costs to get the mercury removed from her home! I went through the house and threw them all out after reading this last month! I know this is off topic BUT wanted to spread the word on the 'great' new bulbs!

I went out Monday and got a ton of the easter clearance clothes for dds (shirts, skorts, gloves (dressy gloves as dd has a tea party coming up). Not much left other than easter baskets, candy, and stuffed animals as the three stores I went to yesterday. No MM juices but I have managed to find one here and there. No light bulbs-I was on vacation when these came out so missed out! :( Found one pack yesterday but it was ripped open! Did find two easter barbies back in the regular toy section so double check back there for those! Nothing else spectacular though!

I found a Timex watch for $11.xx (75%) off. Lots of maternity clothes for 75% off. I can't use them but they were mixed in the regular clothes. A Tiny Love baby mobile for $9.99 (75%) off. It was such a great deal but I couldn't think of a single person to buy it for.

I noticed that a few of you said you were using the newer energy efficient light bulbs...here is an article that you might want to read before changing over to them!!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/viewpoints.aspx?articleid=147836&zoneid=34

They contain mercury and have to be disposed of accordingly...and God forbid if you have one break in your house! This poor woman had to pay over $2000 in clean up costs to get the mercury removed from her home! I went through the house and threw them all out after reading this last month! I know this is off topic BUT wanted to spread the word on the 'great' new bulbs!

I think this article makes the case for CFL bulbs. It didn't say that this woman paid $2000 to clean this up. That was a figure given to her by this environmental clean up company and the article described this sort of clean up as over the top and unnecessary. It also says that a ball point pen and a thermometer contain more mercury.

my target in newyork city does not have clearence at all for example i thought wednesday was toys clearence and when i went there was nothing at all only easter candy for 50% off anyone in new york city having this smae problem

OK! I finally found something worth sharing!!!

This morning I went to Target in SE Minnesota and their baby food was on clearance. All different types of Gerber baby food. It was about 5 flavors of step one and two and only two flavors of step 3. Also, their baby fruit puffs, and other finger snacks. The individual juices also were clearance.

It was all 50% off. I was so excited! I stocked up on baby food- it will last him until he doesn't need baby food anymore!

My store let me use the expired coupons (dates still on them) for $1 off Kelloggs. The Kelloggs single serve cups are 89 cents at my store.

As for the granola bars, at 1 register, on the hook is a package of mini Quaker granola bars. They are 99 cents and there is a $1 coupon for Quaker granola bars

My store let me use the expired coupons (dates still on them) for $1 off Kelloggs. The Kelloggs single serve cups are 89 cents at my store.

As for the granola bars, at 1 register, on the hook is a package of mini Quaker granola bars. They are 99 cents and there is a $1 coupon for Quaker granola bars

Actually, today I found the Quaker bars at the register and they are red tag clearanced for 68¢. You will now get 32¢ overage for each one you buy:D .

There wasn't a whole lot to get today...I got a few water bottles from the dollar spot for $.50 each a bissel perfect sweep (reg 27.89) for 6.97. Those were my clearance, i also got 2 packs of poptarts for .57 a peice. I love target!

We now have plenty of poptarts. I'm getting the packages also that have the free camera offer

on them.