Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I just got back from Target and was able to get the hello kitty coffee maker for 4.xx (I can use this at work to heat up hot water) :) I also got two of the cascade gel pacs 80s by going to a girl that looked very young and I said, oh, those are christmas, aren't they included in the sale? (the gel pacs are RED and Green so why wouldn't they be??) Anyway, I know some stores only put certain things on sale but she price overided (sp) my two so I was VERY happy after wasting a trip there the other night to get them. Of course, when I went the other night, they didn't even have any. So they must have had more out earlier! But I feel very lucky for the 1.xx buy! Got another air freshener as they still have them in the regular aisle where the others are located and no clearance tags! Our clearance was almost gone so I can finallly get some rest!!!! :cheesy::eyepoppin

So what is the REAL policy on coupons and such at Target - is it really a YMMV thing?

Feel free to print this email of mine from Target corporate, and carry it around with you. I also have no problem if you want to edit out my name and email address and substitute your own...

Subj: Inquiry to Target Guest Relations

Date: 9/29/03 2:19:01 PM Central Daylight Time

To: [email protected]

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Target's acceptance of coupons.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide you the latest merchandise

at the lowest possible prices. We have established our coupon guidelines to

treat every guest fairly and consistently. We accept any Target issued

coupon or manufacturer's coupon that meets the guidelines written on the

coupon. We do not accept coupons from other retailers or coupons for

products not carried in our merchandise assortment. All coupons must be

valid and presented to the cashier at the time of sale. You may use a

Target issued coupon and a manufacturer's coupon for the same item,

provided the guidelines do not prevent such a transaction.

When the value of a coupon exceeds the selling price of an item, our coupon

guidelines allow the selling price of the item to be entered as the coupon

amount, and the cashier takes the coupon.

We are always looking for ways to make the Target experience better for

every guest. Your comments concerning the acceptance of coupons will be

made available to the Store Team Leader as well as our Store Operations

executives.

We value you as our guest and thank you for shopping at Target.

Sincerely,

Janine O.

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

I have found it is generally easier to give a coupon, or combination of coupons, that exceed the selling price of an item at the end of the transaction, and to make sure the total purchase still ends with me owing them money. Most of the time the coupon is taken and scanned without a problem, and the overage applied to other items.

HTH!

I'm hoping the toys go 75% next Friday or Sat. so I can be done with the Christmas shopping for the kids. Keeping my fingers crossed! :tongue1:

AFAIK, toys are always marked down either Wednesday or Thursday. If they follow the same schedule as last year, next week will be too early. So it will most likely be the following Wednesday or Thursday.

But, with the new mark down schedule, and stores going clearance according to their sales instead of corporate, who knows for sure anymore?

Just got back from my Target (Cartersville, GA) - we have NO cascade gel tabs - bummer!

But i did make out pretty good - and had a cashier issue that i'll post about at the bottom (might need some help from you great Target shoppers!)

Bought the Superman inflate a chest thingy (3.77 with $5 peelie exp 12/31 so YMMV)

Got my free Electrasol 2 in 1 tabs (free coupon in Sunday's paper - Target has the extra value pk for $4.79 with 18 extra tabs for the same price - so if you get the electrasol free coupon in your paper tomorrow, i'd use it at Target to get the extra 18 tabs!)

Got some of these cute little grow animals (frog and lizard - you put them in water and they grow to 3x their size - these are big too - over 2 ft long once grown) for $.48 each

Hershey's Kissables (.42 w/$.75 coupon)

York Peppermint Patties Holiday (.69)

Glade Pumpkin Pie Candles (.23 - bought 3 - would have bought more but i bought a ton the other day)

So my grand total after my $5 Superman coupon, my $4.79 coupon for the electrasol, and my $.75 coupon for the Hershey's kissables was $1.72!! WOOHOO!

Now my cashier issue - she did not want to take the $.75 coupon because the item was only $.42 - i told her that she should at least take off the $.42 as it's not my fault the item is on sale - and that the coupon doesn't say "Only regularly priced items" - called mgr. over and they did ok it after arguing with me a bit. Then came the $5 Superman coupon - well once again, the item was less than the coupon and they argued about that, then they argued about the expiration date - i said "well, you are still selling the item and it still has the coupon on it, i do believe you should honor it" and they finally did.

So what is the REAL policy on coupons and such at Target - is it really a YMMV thing?

Apparently this is a big LP issue lately. The mgr told me they have LP meetings every day lately, because the coupons are over the amount of the items. Hopefully it will all get straitened out soon.

Don't forget the 4 pk of scotch tape. It's the one that says free roll on it. It is now 29 cents. I found them mixed in with the regular tape. Also for any " CARS " fans out there, I found a bunch of Lightning McQueen and Mater light up keychains in the toys section with other "CARS" stuff for 29 cents. They were Christmas stocking stuffers. Oh, one more thing, don't forget the 10 pack Minute Maid apple juice that is ringing up for 69 cents. I bought 10 packs today.

Just went to Target and had hershey kissable coupons in hand - ready to buy 4 bags....the cashier said I could only buy one bag - one coupon per transaction. I told her my cousin just bought 20 bags with 20 coupons in one transaction with no problems....she just said oh well!!! UGH:mad:

so you should have made it 4 separate transactions, then she would have regretted being a JERK!!! Has anyone noticed how cashiers hate it when customers get stuff for free???? It happens in the grocery store all the time too.

Our store (MI) was 90% today and nothing was left.What was left was being pulled off the shelves when we were there. And the toys were really picked over. They range 30-75% and not that great deals at all. NOt like what is being posted. But there were a few more markdowns then Thursday when I was there. I guess I will keep checking! Great deal on the cascade though!!! My store suddenly had some today so I grabbed one and fought with the cashier for a minute but then she gave it to me. Thanks Everyone!

Well my second time around I didn't do as well as some of you guys! You are all finding amazing deals!! However, I did find one of the Cascade gel tabs 80 pk ($1.98) and got the free Oxi Clean. Also, I found pjs for my 3 yr old for 3.48 a set!! Oh and wrapping paper for $0.29!! I found some of the Method air freshner in gingerbread scent and scanned it... not even on sale!!! I wonder why?? Oh well.... it was a pretty good day!!! :D

Oh, one more thing, don't forget the 10 pack Minute Maid apple juice that is ringing up for 69 cents. I bought 10 packs today. :confused: are these on special or is it an error in the ring up my kiddos love those juice boxes i wasent sure if the sale would end today or not?

I can't imagine them having LP meetings just because of these coupons. That loss isn't what LP is interested in. That mgr is yanking your chain.

I can only say that with certainty because my dh is a LP Regional for a major national chain and he practically fell out of his chair laughing when I read him what that mgr told you. Although he did used to work for Target (in LP management) and he said he wouldn't be surprised if that is what they were concerned about :)

I went to two Targets in Orlando, FL today and the selections were limited...unless you looked hard.

I did find boxed cranberry garland for $2.50 (I bought 4 at 75% off last week), a bunch of toddler/kids holiday t-shirts for 50 cents! (doggie with holiday lights, rhinestone XMas tree and snowflake), infants classic pooh hats (pack of 2 for 50 cents! in baby aisle where the sippy cups, etc. are) and a long sleeve white t-shirt with a small red ornament for me for 70 cents (hung with the similar V-day shirts)!

The clothes with the red tag and snowflakes rang up at 90% off, but the other holiday wear was 30-50% off. I also found a ceramic snowflake cake stand for $1.99 and matching serving platter for $1.79 mixed in with the plain, every day serving ware.

Toys are mostly 30% off - few were 50%.

i was at target in spring hill, fl and got the hello kitty coffee maker for 4. 98 and wrapping paper for.29... woo hoo! where are the apple juices you guys are talking about? what aisle should i look for them in??

thanks so much!:D

I don't personally remember seeing any apple juice on clearance at the Spring Hill Target. I would check the back clearance endcap in the grocery department though. There may be a couple there that I didn't see.

You know what's great about working at Target? Finding other customer's stashes of clearance stuff. I was working tonight and found a BUNCH of Christmas clearance items hidden behind some stuff on the shelf. Of course I bought it all. I got 8 Airwick Decospheres (28 cents each), 1 Method candle (28 cents), 2 Method air freshener "pills" (69 cents each), 1 bottle of Method hand soap (24 cents), 1 bottle of Method dish detergent (29 cents), 2 Curious perfume sets ($1.89 each), 1 Drakkar Noir cologne set ($2.49), and 1 box of Choxie chocolate ($1.50). That's just the stuff I found. I also got 10 boxes of candy canes (.09 cents each) and 10 stockings (.09 cents each). I also got a Dirt Devil "Kone" (one of those hand vacs) on clearance for $19.98.

so you should have made it 4 separate transactions, then she would have regretted being a JERK!!! Has anyone noticed how cashiers hate it when customers get stuff for free???? It happens in the grocery store all the time too.

I can't find any store anymore that will take a coupon for an on sale item that makes it free or come out ahead....I had a grocery store mark down a bag of fresh express salad to .99, I had a dollar coupon, and they said either I paid the clearanced price w/o coupon, or I paid the regular $3.99 price minus the coupon. :(

Target's coupon acceptance policy seems to change with the wind, the cashier, the mgr's mood, the time of day, etc etc....

I found some great pot & pan sets on sale 50% off. They are the Kitchen Essentials sets made by Caphalon the Utility 11 piece set, the style-ware 8 piece set and another 10 piece set. The T-Fal sets are also on sale 50% off. The turkey fryers were on sale at 50% off while the peanut oil to to go in them was 75% off. There were tons of baking and cooking clearance including cutting boards, utensils, baking sheets, individual pots and pans, etc. Most was 50% off. There were some silverware sets also that were 50% off.

At my Target there was also the $69.99 fire pits that were 50% off for $34.98.

I was in the cleaning area and stuff there was 50% off too including cleaning sponges, a stick broom, microfiber dust cloths, a mop, sink brush cleaning sets, etc.

In the health and beauty section I picked up a KY Massage lotion for 50% off. They also had First Response Pregnancy Tests on the end cap along with other misc.

Lots of clearance in Target right now :) I wish I had more money.

Pfffttt, I went to two Targets yesterday. Sadly disappointed. The first one, I bought a 2-pack of ladies stretchy gloves for 74cents and a scarf/glove/hat set for $4.98. The second Target had the same gloves for $1.xx and the same scarf set for $13.98. Christmas was basically wiped out at both locations. Found none of the deals y'all are finding. :(

You know what's great about working at Target? Finding other customer's stashes of clearance stuff. I was working tonight and found a BUNCH of Christmas clearance items hidden behind some stuff on the shelf. Of course I bought it all. I got 8 Airwick Decospheres (28 cents each), 1 Method candle (28 cents), 2 Method air freshener "pills" (69 cents each), 1 bottle of Method hand soap (24 cents), 1 bottle of Method dish detergent (29 cents), 2 Curious perfume sets ($1.89 each), 1 Drakkar Noir cologne set ($2.49), and 1 box of Choxie chocolate ($1.50). That's just the stuff I found. I also got 10 boxes of candy canes (.09 cents each) and 10 stockings (.09 cents each). I also got a Dirt Devil "Kone" (one of those hand vacs) on clearance for $19.98.

Good for you Child! I would totally do that too!Worked as a cashier myself and let me tell you-the customer isn't always right!The customer whines and complains until they get their way. Could go on and on but I won't. Just happy Child was able to get back in some small way!

:giggle:

Thanks, everybody!

I found a 1/2 aisle of Christmas at my store (Ann Arbor/Ypsi)!!! I found bows for .09, (LOTS!) TONS of stockings, many for .09, a holiday extension cord (white) for .19, christmas cards for .49, lots of glade infusions for .17 (apple cinnamon and 1 evergreen), the CARS light-up keychain for .24... plus I used coupons from today's paper for free chew-eez dog treats and electrasol.

They had 2 of the snowman Cascade 80 ct gel packs, but they scanned at 12.xx, and the manager wouldn't bend. No Minute Maid juice or scotch tape, either. All in all, a good day, though!

My husband thought I was gonna spend like crazy, but I walked out with 17 items for $7.94 :)

Joanne