Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Went to a different Target today to try to find more deals. Did find a ton of the Cascade gel tabs (the red and green ones) at a different one but they wouldn't budge on the price. I said they are red and green and I guess they don't understand they are Christmas! Guess I picked the wrong cashier! PLus they had no Christmas stuff left (not even an empty aisle) so was kinda hard to lie and say they were back with the Christmas stuff! :( Oh well! Didn't really want anymore-was more the excitement of getting a deal! I'm addicted I guess. Did get two spray air freshener's for 39c each. So didn't walk out totally empty handed??!

I finally made it to Target today and.... nothing !! The only thing I was able to find was the method liquid soap for .29. The 5 aisles filled with clearance toys were only 30% off and the only thing left in the Xmas isle were candy canes and bags of bows.

Oh well ! :cry2:

Hi to all and this is my first post to this board. I have been browsing it for a while and have been a Target addict for at least 2 years. It is really hard not to love a store where you can find deals as great as you can there.

However did anyone else feel that the toys that are on clearance in the toy department don't seem as nice as the ones they had clearanced this time last year? I bought a lot of really nice stuff January 2006 (2 shopping carts filled) and most the stuff that I have found there this year seems kinda dissappointing. I only purchased 3 items this time which was not what I had expected.

Is it like this elsewhere? or are our local stores just very picked through already. Most items are still only 50% off.

Hi to all and this is my first post to this board. I have been browsing it for a while and have been a Target addict for at least 2 years. It is really hard not to love a store where you can find deals as great as you can there.

However did anyone else feel that the toys that are on clearance in the toy department don't seem as nice as the ones they had clearanced this time last year? I bought a lot of really nice stuff January 2006 (2 shopping carts filled) and most the stuff that I have found there this year seems kinda dissappointing. I only purchased 3 items this time which was not what I had expected.

Is it like this elsewhere? or are our local stores just very picked through already. Most items are still only 50% off.

I feel the same way. Seems like they had more clearance toys last year? Maybe people bought more during Christmas last year and so there was less stuff to markdown? :confused:

Can someone tell me why I am not able to print of the Oxiclean free coupon? Also can you tell me how you got the Electrasol for free, I don't see the coupon someone was talking about. I got a .75 coupon off in today's paper.....Help please :)

I bet the Electrasol is a regional thing... I live in MI...

Sorry,

Joanne

The juice boxes I wrote about for 69 cents I thought I read about them on this site. Anyways, they are not marked on clearance but they were the 10 pack only. It worked for the apple juice and the fruit punch. It looks like they came out with the 15 pack. I'm not sure if it ended yesterday or not. I couldn't go out and check today like I had planned.

I couldn't find the juice boxes, and I struck out on the gel tabs...they told me $10.99 was what they would sell them for.

But, I found Pepperidge Farm Ginger Family cookies ringing up for $0.59. These are normally $5.99 according to the price on the package, so I thought that was a great deal.

The other 'Christmas' food was only 50% off. Oh, and I found a 4-piece Target exclusive Thomas Take Alongs (Toby, and three cars with Christmas markings on them) for $11.99 and they wouldn't mark it down either. Sigh... I hid it incase they mark it down later.

No christmas stuff at closest Target so I went to one farther away. They had 1/4 of an aisle left and it was mostly candy canes. I did find the Cascade on the regular shelf and when I scanned it it came up not in system. When I checked out I told the cashier that they were Christmas and rang up for $1.29 in other stores. He had to get someone to find a price. She came back with a scanner and said, "These are illegal for us to have in the store. I have to confiscate them." The lady behind me said she had never heard anything so crazy. I had to agree.

Does anyone have any scoop on which Target stores in the Greater Cincinnati area have the best clearance? I live in KY and went to the 1 in Florence and Christmas was the only thing with a good market down and everything else seemed in the 30% area. I also visited the Norwood location. Any idea which store is the best? Also does anyone know of a 2 new Target stores coming to the NoKY area in Newport / Wilder and Indepdence? Any chances of a Super Target coming to our area with all of the SUper Walmarts popped up?

I found some great pot & pan sets on sale 50% off. They are the Kitchen Essentials sets made by Caphalon the Utility 11 piece set, the style-ware 8 piece set and another 10 piece set. The T-Fal sets are also on sale 50% off.

Do you have any of the DPCIs for these cookware sets? Is the DPCI for the Utility 11 piece: 070-01-1280??

I found some great pot & pan sets on sale 50% off. They are the Kitchen Essentials sets made by Caphalon the Utility 11 piece set, the style-ware 8 piece set and another 10 piece set. The T-Fal sets are also on sale 50% off. The turkey fryers were on sale at 50% off while the peanut oil to to go in them was 75% off. There were tons of baking and cooking clearance including cutting boards, utensils, baking sheets, individual pots and pans, etc. Most was 50% off. There were some silverware sets also that were 50% off.

They had the caphalon set at my Target too, but it was only 30% off.. I am hoping for another markdown. The did have a lot of the Rival Electric Roasters (hold 16 lb turkey) for $14.98, so I got one of those. They also had a bigger better model of the roaster for 50% off ($29.99).

I noticed they did have a lot of cookware and luggage on 30% off.

I had some luck this weekend. I found a Cranium Rocket Pack for 3.76 (reg 15.99), a Cranium Look & Find Puzzle for 3.76 (reg 15.99) and a Cranium Sounds of the Ocean game for 4.29 (not sure about the normal price). My sister also found a V Smile Pocket docking/recharging station of 17.50 (reg 24.99 - since this thing as eaten a least 2 sets of batteries since X-Mas, totally necessary) Waiting on a couple more things to go down more (the Candyland DVD game was still 21...)

Christmas was down to 1/2 aisle and slim pickings ....

Thank you, thank you Gator Pam for posting about the Cascade gel tabs. Just like you said and described, I saw one of those tubs of the Cascade tabs 80ct and there was no sticker on it. There was posted on the shelf the reg. price of like $11.99 or something like that. But I followed your lead and went to scan it. Sure enough it said "info not available" or something like that.

So when I went to pay I made sure I chose a cashier that "looked" that he/she wasn't going to question me much (or call a mgr) about those tabs. So when he rang it up and got the beep from the scanner, he asked me if I knew how much they were. I knew from your post that they were $2. something so I told him $2.96 and he rang up like that. Thank you so much, it was a great deal!! :D

This is exactly what I did. Found them on the shelf and it was marked $12xx and it wouldnt scan so I took it to the register and he asked if I knew how much, told him about $3 I thought, and he didnt question it at all. So I got 2 tubs. Thats all they had.

today i found the last cascade 80 count tub for 1.92 a girls sleepwear set for 1.92 3 method handsoaps for .29 a polar bear bowl for .19 and i also found a really cute red snowflake paper towel holder in the homeware section that was 1.29 as well i had been wanting one but was to cheap to pay the 12.99 they had gotten rid of the christmas section at my store i found these items scattered about

This is exactly what I did. Found them on the shelf and it was marked $12xx and it wouldnt scan so I took it to the register and he asked if I knew how much, told him about $3 I thought, and he didnt question it at all. So I got 2 tubs. Thats all they had.

You're so lucky to have gotten two :). I tried the same thing at another Target, and this time it was the tub w/the snowman but no luck in getting it at $2 something. Oh well.

Just got back from a target I hadn't visited yet! Got a ton of stuff and walked out of there only spending 13.xx......got a ton of glade air freshener spray for .17 each, 6 of the method spiced pear (not my favorite scent but I can stand it) for .39 for the spray, got several of the spiced pear method plug ins for .79 each and several of the ten pack juice boxes in fruit and apple flavor for .69. It was funny because the guy kept looking at the screen thinking 'no way'. ;-) I'm a value shopper for sure, even if I didn't need half of what I picked up! I did try two more cascade gel tabs tubs. He wouldn't budge on the price! :( And now with the Christmas clearance gone, it's harder to convince them you got it with the christmas stuff? Oh well! I got two so glad I should be happy! And my house will be smelling awesome for months to come! ;-) Oh, btw, they did still have a few Christmas items-like candy canes! But I already bought too many of those that probably won't get eaten! :cheesy:

Hello. Has anyone been to Target today and know if Christmas clearance is still ringing/scanning at 90% off? I know in the past that if I do find 90% clearance and it's gone to salvage that they usually won't sell it to you at 90% off. Can anyone tell me who's been there today and save me a trip? Thanks!