Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I don't know if you got a reply re: the Method fragrances, but here they are:

Spiced Pear, Frosted Cranberry & Peppermint Vanilla

I didn't find any hand soap or dish soap at 90% off, but found a ton of soy candles, some spray air-fresheners & plug in air-fresheners mixed in with the other Method stuff.

Has anyone heard of any tents on clearance. DS mentioned that he would like one for his BD in July so I am starting to look now so I can find a good deal. He has no camping equipment so please let me know if you spot a deal at your Target.

In the ad this week, there is a page of clearance items and they list a tent in there, so I would check your store.

You have to check the prices on the toys. All of the signs read 30% off, but some of them are marked up to 75% - it just depends on the toy. I guess it's easier to just put up one sign and then mark them all different.

I watched a Target put out boxes and boxes of clearance toys the other day.

Becca, will the weekly ads feature clearnace items often? I personally prefer they not be advertised, LOL. ;)

I'm not sure if they will be starting it on a regular basis. It may be just because the sporting goods/luggage section is clearancing out a bit so they advertised those items to get them moving. I've got my eye on a few luggage items. ;)

I found some great pot & pan sets on sale 50% off. They are the Kitchen Essentials sets made by Caphalon the Utility 11 piece set, the style-ware 8 piece set and another 10 piece set. The T-Fal sets are also on sale 50% off. The turkey fryers were on sale at 50% off while the peanut oil to to go in them was 75% off. There were tons of baking and cooking clearance including cutting boards, utensils, baking sheets, individual pots and pans, etc. Most was 50% off. There were some silverware sets also that were 50% off.

At my Target there was also the $69.99 fire pits that were 50% off for $34.98.

I was in the cleaning area and stuff there was 50% off too including cleaning sponges, a stick broom, microfiber dust cloths, a mop, sink brush cleaning sets, etc.

In the health and beauty section I picked up a KY Massage lotion for 50% off. They also had First Response Pregnancy Tests on the end cap along with other misc.

Lots of clearance in Target right now :) I wish I had more money.

Hi, is 50% off good for this type of cookware?

Would this be a good wedding gift?

Hi, is 50% off good for this type of cookware?

At any store other than Target, I would say yes. But, if there are five or more boxes of this cookware on the shelf, I would try to hold off until 75% off.

Would this be a good wedding gift?

Depends on the couple.

Are they really into cooking? Calphalon would be appreciated by those who know decent cookware; but if they're just looking at namebrands, although Calphalon is a good one, they may not really appreciate what they have.

Did they register for any cookware? Do you know what brand and type of cookware? Stainless steel, non-stick, hard anodized?

If you decide this couple would appreciate this, and there's only a couple of packages left at your store, you could always buy one at 50% off, hold on to the receipt, and if you see it go 75% off buy it at that price and then return one with the higher priced receipt.

Just be sure, if you return the newer package, that it doesn't have the clearance sticker on it showing the lower price when you go to return it with the higher priced receipt.

Yes you missed a lot of Targets:

Campus (315/Olentangy Road)

Graceland (High Street/Morse Road area)

Morse Road (behind Easton, across from Best Buy)

East Broad Street (Whitehall)

East Main Street (its prolly not called that there (Licking County Line and Franklin County Line)

Brice Road (next to JCPenney Outlet)

West Broad (near Schottensteins, east of Westland Mall)

Hilliard (270/Cemetery/Fishinger Road)

Dublin (sawmill)

Polaris (Polaris Parkway/71)

i think that is it...Campus, Morse road, and sawmill were at 90% today, Graceland was 75%--but said they would be 90% tomorrow...

hello central ohioans...well columbus area (but we all know we all shop around)...good news for next christmas (hopefully)...

I need to add another Target to my list...HILLIARD (70/Hilliard-Rome Road) Target is going to be building a store near the Walmart Supercenter there!!!

Also a Kohl's is coming to that area also (can you believe they paid 2 Million for 6 acres?!...)

Had a great day Sat. finding hidden deals including Cascade 80 for 1.25. spent $60 for $600 worth of items. Yesterday went to a different st. connected to a mall. They had blacked out the bar codes & just put clearance stickers on much of the holiday merchandise at 15% to 30% off!! In the cosmetic section there was a girl working scanning every item and she had a giftset in a cart I told her I wanted to buy. Got one Sat for $4 reg $40. She stammered and said she could not sell it to me. Said someone else was buying it. There was no one there but her & I, and she was working!! Are they allowed to shop for themselves while working?? She looked nervious. I should have asked a manager but was so mad I just left & won't go back to that store.:mad:

hello central ohioans...well columbus area (but we all know we all shop around)...good news for next christmas (hopefully)...

I need to add another Target to my list...HILLIARD (70/Hilliard-Rome Road) Target is going to be building a store near the Walmart Supercenter there!!!

Also a Kohl's is coming to that area also (can you believe they paid 2 Million for 6 acres?!...)

don't forget the "new" target in the reynoldsburg area (waggoner and east broad). also - they're building (eventually) one in new albany by 161 (a friends grandparents used to own the land - how cool is that??!?).

happy shopping!

I found some great pot & pan sets on sale 50% off. They are the Kitchen Essentials sets made by Caphalon the Utility 11 piece set, the style-ware 8 piece set and another 10 piece set. The T-Fal sets are also on sale 50% off.

I went and checked these out and my store only had the 8 piece set and it was 104.98 so it was 30% off. It was the last one, but I am holding off until atleast 50% and if I get it, great deal, if not I will keep looking. My mom told me Sunday that she needs a new cookware set. :crossfing

So bummed! My Target has nothing left in Christmas (ok, I wasn't really expecting anything, but it would have been nice) and most everything else still only 30% (I scanned to double check). It's a good thing I had Rx's to pick up or I would have been completely empty carted!

I was at Target today, just to kill some time. I went back to the Christmas area not expecting to find much since it has been 90% for 3 or 4 days now. I was shocked to see some green Westinghouse brand outdoor extension cords back there. I got two 40' for $.79, one 80' for $1.29, and one 25' with 3 different places along it to plug stuff in for $1.99. The packages look similar to ones I have seen in the hardware asiles at other Targets that were not on sale. These all had the price printed on the package in the upper right hand corner with the words "Holiday Electrical POG" and the DPCI. You may get lucky at your store if you check in hardware. The DPCI's for them in the order I listed them above: 085 07 0776, 085 07 0777, 085 07 0032.

I heard on the radio this am, this guy talking about Target clearance. He said that if the price on the red sticker ends in a 4(ie: $5.24) that means it is the lowest the item will be clearanced to. Anyone know if this holds any merit?

To quote GatorPam's great primer on the first page of this thread, "Almost always, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $.x4 or $.x8, but not always."

To quote GatorPam's great primer on the first page of this thread, "Almost always, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $.x4 or $.x8, but not always."

Ahhh I didnt even think to look there...and I have read that a million times, must have missed that line.....

At any store other than Target, I would say yes. But, if there are five or more boxes of this cookware on the shelf, I would try to hold off until 75% off.

Depends on the couple.

Are they really into cooking? Calphalon would be appreciated by those who know decent cookware; but if they're just looking at namebrands, although Calphalon is a good one, they may not really appreciate what they have.

Did they register for any cookware? Do you know what brand and type of cookware? Stainless steel, non-stick, hard anodized?

If you decide this couple would appreciate this, and there's only a couple of packages left at your store, you could always buy one at 50% off, hold on to the receipt, and if you see it go 75% off buy it at that price and then return one with the higher priced receipt.

Just be sure, if you return the newer package, that it doesn't have the clearance sticker on it showing the lower price when you go to return it with the higher priced receipt.

Thanks for the great advice, I really appreciate it:) You guys are really good. I never thought about if the couple like to cook and would appreciate the gift. I mean, the name brand items

I was just thinking that, everyone have to eat and you need something to cook with. I was just thinking I could get something for a great price and they would know it was somewhat expensive.

Thanks again

Just got back from one of the target's near me and the air freshener stuff that was rigining up 17c, 79c, and 39c is now going for full price. When the cashier scanned the items, they asked for the price and the girl didn't believe me so she called for a price check. The head lady or whoever she's called came over and said, oh, I think those are part of the....and stopped herself and said she'd be right back. She brought back a pricing gun and scanned them and qoted the prices. I told her I bought that stuff VERY cheap yesterday and she said well the last selling price is (and quoted me the regular prices)! What the??? I said forget it. And it made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one-and actually made me feel like a crook! Oh well! Didn't need it anyway but thought I'd get some for a co-worker that told me to grab her some! :razz::eyepoppin

Just got back from one of the target's near me and the air freshener stuff that was rigining up 17c, 79c, and 39c is now going for full price. When the cashier scanned the items, they asked for the price and the girl didn't believe me so she called for a price check. The head lady or whoever she's called came over and said, oh, I think those are part of the....and stopped herself and said she'd be right back. She brought back a pricing gun and scanned them and qoted the prices. I told her I bought that stuff VERY cheap yesterday and she said well the last selling price is (and quoted me the regular prices)! What the??? I said forget it. And it made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one-and actually made me feel like a crook! Oh well! Didn't need it anyway but thought I'd get some for a co-worker that told me to grab her some! :razz::eyepoppin

What happened here is the items have been salvaged. They get marked back up to full price & donated to Goodwill or another charity. This way they get teh full value for tax purposes. It stinks, and sometimes they will go ahead & mark it 90% off, other times they won't even sell it at all.

I went to our target today (oklahoma)and its still 30% with scattered 50-75% One of the clerks told me that they didnt know when it would be reduced (sure you dont) but that they have the night stockers price all of the boxes individually. She said they were waiting for the christmas items to be sold and would probably start marking them down soon....but who knows what the reduction will be... probably start at 50% then maybe 75%. Walmart is starting to mark they things down. I got some Dora Magic Castle furniture for 7.00 and the Play all Day Toddler doll for 21.00 (reg 39.99)They also had those adorable activity tables that are from $50-80 for 21.00. I almost bought one but with all the things my grandgirls got for Christmas I am afraid to take another "big item" over there. :)