WM Black Friday Ad Hits Streets Nov 20, BF Online Preview Details

bigjimslade

I just pulled this off the wire service. I hope this helps.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-061117walmart-story,0,2062855.story?track=rss

Wal-Mart will preview eight Black Friday sale items online

By Jennifer Sudick

Bloomberg News

November 17, 2006, 5:41 PM CST

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, will for the first time preview sale items online before making them available in stores on the day after Thanksgiving, one of the biggest shopping days of the year.

Eight items will be posted on the Web site on Thanksgiving and will then be sold in stores from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Nov. 24, the Bentonville, Arkansas-based company said today in a statement. The retailer has already cut prices on toys, electronics and appliances for the holidays.

The company said it plans to announce 70 other sale items for Nov. 24, called Black Friday because at one time it was considered the day retailers turned profitable for the year. Wal-Mart said earlier this week it is boosting online advertising and increasing the number of holiday circulars distributed in newspapers to eight from five last year.

Wal-Mart's Black Friday sales circular will be available Nov. 20, the company said.

Wal-Mart shares fell 41 cents to $47.50 at 4:28 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. They have risen 1.5 percent this year.

--With reporting by Lauren Coleman-Lochner in New York.

Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune

Yes, I saw that on the news here in Chicago. On the news tho, they said that the ads will be available on Thanksgiving on their website.

The ads will be on the WM site on Thanksgiving but they are also releasing 8 new deals on the site as well that no one knows about. My contacts at the AP who have been talking to WM media people have told me that they will release there BF ad on Nov 20.

We will have to just wait and see.

I wonder WHEN on Thanksgiving. Hate to burn everything as I'll be checking every 5 minutes. LOL

Lol.. yeah I was thinking the samething. Well sorta. Thought about having my oldest daughters give dinner a whirl this year! :gdchatter: Wonder how many of us would starve if this happened. Anyway, I'll be checking all day long also.

I agree that there won't be PS3s, at least there better NOT be!! I waited in line 34 hours and received a raincheck stating I would get mine BEFORE they put any on the shelves. They handed out 8 rainchecks. I believe every walmart that did not recieve 10 as advertised did this.

As for Elmo, I'm doubtful too because he has been found at walmart periodically, including my store, and if he was making an appearance on bf you'd think they would be saving them all.

So.... BRING ON THE LAPTOP!!!!! I'm hoping for the same one they had on sale in the Nov. 5 ad!! I have it on LAW and want to price match!!

I am thinking one is the laptop and one is Elmo could another possibly be playstation 3??? I mean not on sale but just that they have more playstation 3's??? I mean why did Best Buys get more of them???

I can see a laptop being one of the deals, but I highly doubt Elmo will be. He's in too much demand as it is for them to knock the price down any more. The idea behind Black Friday is to put items out there at low prices to draw people into the store. Elmo at regular price is going to draw masses of people in. A PS3 at regular price is going to draw masses of people in. So those aren't going to be knocked down to some amazingly low price unnecessarily.

I can see a laptop being one of the deals, but I highly doubt Elmo will be. He's in too much demand as it is for them to knock the price down any more. The idea behind Black Friday is to put items out there at low prices to draw people into the store. Elmo at regular price is going to draw masses of people in. A PS3 at regular price is going to draw masses of people in. So those aren't going to be knocked down to some amazingly low price unnecessarily.

am hoping a desktop is one of those items that will be cheap