Anyone else disappointed so far???? << merged >>

3rdcharm

I for one wasn't expecting to be blown away with either Kmart or Ace's ads. I was disappointed though because for the last 2-3 years Kmart has had somethings on their Thanksgivings Day ad that I go for and this year they are not there. I always get the kids new pj's for Hannukah and I would get my lil brother GBA games, this year I needed them for my own kids and they don't have deals on either. My DD has been begging for Doodle Doug so I will be going to get that, not a huge deal on it but enough to get me out of bed.

Now to wait for the other ads where I am sure there will be better deals, atleast I hope!

The two released ads do not concern me as much as the overall lack of great deals I've noticed this year from the tech stores (CC, BB, CUSA). I remember last year in the weeks leading up to BF, there were alot of deals that made me think, "That's the lowest price I've ever seen for one of those." For the B&M stores, that hasn't happened once yet.

I do realize that what I'm shopping for this year is totally different than years past (alot more focused), but at this point, about the only thing I'm pretty confident will have "best prices ever" will be flat panel HDTVs. Aside from that, I'm only cautiously optimistic.

Other than the games that some people look forward to, did anyone expect to be blown away by Ace Hardware and K-Mart deals? That's not where the huge action is at, IMO :gd_twocen

No but normally there is at least ONE or TWO things that get your interest... But NOTHING did.

Tina

I'm not dissapointed because I've only seen 2 ads and I won't be shopping in those stores anyway. We don't have a Kmart here anymore and I'm not going to waste my time in a hardware (Ace) store on the other side of town on BF. I am anxiously awaiting the walmart ad so I can at least start shopping for some of the stuff on my list that's not going to be on sale BF.

I'll be PMing that Foreman grill @ Wal-Mart on BF! Wal-Mart is the biggest store in my town and around the area for 40 miles. So I love that I can PM there :) Our WM rule is 45 miles for PMing

Last year Kmart didn't really have anything that appealed to me either. I did go there last and bought a sewing machine, but I was really looking for the expensive electronic deals and so I concentrated on CompUSA (which was great last year), Best Buy and Circuit City. I hope CompUSA has a good ad this year.

WalMart was the first ad leaked last year

I will be shocked if it gets leaked before the week of Thanksgiving this year.

From what I understand, there were some major "security breaches" last year, and they are trying to combat those issues this year with MANY security policies being put into place -- including truck drivers delivering them. I am sure someone will get it ... but I bet it's going to be more difficult this year.

I have always gone to Kmart on Thanksgiving day for the great video game deals. This year they don't have anything! So I'll be skipping Kmart this year. I didn't see anything in their add that would make me want to get out of bed and go over there.

Coleen

Guest kathybmb
I'm not disappointed in a way its one store i won't have to fit into my rounds.. i didnt really see anything i was too thrilled over in their ad either.. its their loss i guess..:yawn:

I was really dissapointed by the K-mart ad as well. I usually go the Kmart on Thanksgiving for the GB games then on BF after all the good stores. At this rate I may not even be hitting kmart at all. Does anyone know when they start sending you the coupons for the 12 days of christmas from Toysrus?