Anyone else disappointed so far???? << merged >>

3rdcharm

Rats!! I was so looking forward to the Staples ad.........what a disappointment!! I'm not sure there is even anything there worth it! I was checking out the Western Digital external hard drive, but I want one that has software that will allow me to schedule backups and I can't find if this one will do that or not.

And........Where is Norton Systemworks???? McAfee and my computer don't like each other at all and they "fight" constantly. When I first got this computer I put McAfee on and it wouldn't work at all. Called Dell and they told me that a lot of people have problems with McAfee. I changed to Norton and it works perfectly. I can't believe the NO ONE so far has Norton!!!! For the last two years Staples has had it free after MIR.

Completely free Backup Software, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, and Firewall: http://www.comodogroup.com/products/free_products.html

But if it's "gotta be" Norton Systemworks, it's $9.99 AR at CompUSA this week: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=341289

All the BF ads I have seen so far STINK! :yuck: Unless Target surprises me, I too will be sleeping in this year. :shock: Sounds crazy, but I was looking forward to getting up and seeing if I can get the best deals I could, compared to last year. IMO Walmart wasted their money even printing an ad this year lol :P Oh well, Guess I could use the beauty sleep. :yawn:

I already took advantage of the WM sale on the 5th. I was hopping for a better price on a laptop. With all the sales available so far I have just about finished my shopping. I was also hoping that WM would have a good deal on desktops so I don't have to make the trek to BB. IMO other than the BB ad I am disappointed

I also went to Walmart for the sale they had starting the 5th for the $99 portable DVD player and of course they said they were SOLD OUT!:mad:

Typical Walmart get you all excited and then of course when they lure you in they don't have anything in the sale paper they advertised.

Nothing in the Walmart ad makes me want to get there early on BF.

All the BF ads I have seen so far STINK! :yuck: Unless Target surprises me, I too will be sleeping in this year. :shock: Sounds crazy, but I was looking forward to getting up and seeing if I can get the best deals I could, compared to last year. IMO Walmart wasted their money even printing an ad this year lol :P Oh well, Guess I could use the beauty sleep. :yawn:

Looks like you will be sleeping in. Target is one of the worst ads ive seen.:(

There's just one logical explanation for the horrendous ads - the monkeys on the careerbuilder.com commercials took over.

Here's an idea - because the deals are so bad this year, let's boycott BF this year - Retailers will be panicing by noon and restrategising for the rest of the holiday season -- We'll start seeing the deals that we were expecting for BF by the following weekend.

There's just one logical explanation for the horrendous ads - the monkeys on the careerbuilder.com commercials took over.

Here's an idea - because the deals are so bad this year, let's boycott BF this year - Retailers will be panicing by noon and restrategising for the rest of the holiday season -- We'll start seeing the deals that we were expecting for BF by the following weekend.

I'm still going but not spending much this year. Maybe about a 1/4 of the amount I've spent in past years. The reason for spending less is less deals. Maybe the retailers will get that point if others are planning to do the same. The less we buy this BF the better the clearance selection will be in Jan. I'll get my deals in the end.:)

I too agree that this years ads have not been the best. I still am planning to go but for the first time in a while I wouldn't be standing in line waiting for a store to open because the deals just aren't that good.

I hope that the retailers will realize they've made a mistake in the BF pricing and will reduce the prices even more on the following weeks up til Christmas.

Well, now that all (or at least most) of the adds are in for this year, I must say I'm extremely disappointed. :( I was looking forward to standing out in line to get a really hot deal on something, but I haven't seen anything in any of the BF adds that stands out or looks good enough to wait in line for. Heck, most of the 'deals' are no better than what I can buy the stuff for today........ Here's hoping the stores have duped us all and will release "real" deals soon.

The ONLY thing the ads have made me happy about is that I've already gotten most of my shopping done! The few items I've been waiting to buy for my boys aren't in ANY of the ads, so I guess I'll go get them and be done. I was planning on still going out just for the rush and people watching, but at this point, I don't know if I want to even do that. :( VERY disappointed this year

Some of the Ads look like they have no door busters at all. How sad:gdcry: and I've seen better sales during the year on some things. Still some good stuff but nothing is really screaming out Buy Me! Maybe once I get the Ads in my hot little hands and really look them over side by side I'll find some things to get excited.

Some of the Ads look like they have no door busters at all. How sad:gdcry: and I've seen better sales during the year on some things. Still some good stuff but nothing is really screaming out Buy Me! Maybe once I get the Ads in my hot little hands and really look them over side by side I'll find some things to get excited.

I agree...I am just wondering if I am just not interested in "stuff" :eyepoppin anymore. I have a compuer...I have the LCD/HD tv...I have the digital camera...all the electronic gizmos...all the kitchen gadgets...I have way too many kid toys...I buy buy buy ever year on BF...spending way too much, but it is fun!!! I come to wonder if I am fed up with all the marketing of stuff I really don't need or is that the ad are REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!!

I have never shopped BF before. I have to say, I don't see what the hubbub is all about from the ad's I'm seeing. Maybe because I'm not in the market for the big ticket items... TV, 'puter, MP3's... I'm looking for kids toys, in-law gifts, stocking stuffers.... I'll be checking the ads when I get them in the paper. Maybe there will be more that I see. But otherwise, I'm not going out early. I'll be hitting CVS and Walgreens for a few things but that is it.

Wow! I am absolutely embarrassed that they call these ads *Black Friday Ads*. I was holding my breath waiting for Target, our last hope! Guess even Target let us down! I have been shopping on BF for 9 years now and I have never seen such terrible sales (if you could call them sales). Where are the toys? All I see are electronics (who wants to haul around a 52" TV all day on BF just to save $15?). I don't even think I'll waist my $1.50 to buy a paper Wednesday evening!

I was so looking forward to getting started at about 4:30 or earlier this year, like in years past. It's become a welcome tradition! But I am not going to even set my alarm this year. There is not a single item I want. Guess I'll take all that extra cash, stand in line for 3 hours and buy my kids the Wii and a couple games instead this year! Sounds like more fun to me! It's a better gift than any other toy I've seen in these poor ads!

You know, I just really don't understand this. Retailers were crying about how October was really bad for sales and how they were going to have to discount more to get people in.......and then they give us these crappy ads!?!?!?!? The only items that I might even be vaguely interested in are at stores in an area that DH refuses to go to on BF because of the traffic nightmare there always is even on regular weekends.

There is no way I'm going to go running to 10 different stores to LOOK at 10 different items. Way too frustrating! And since I have to drive a minimum of 45 minutes to get anything half way decent, I think I'll save the gas and buy online.......probably just as cheap and a lot warmer!

Maybe we'll get luckier in December.

Thing is, 5.1 is plenty... you can print 11x17's from good 5.1's and 8x10's from the rest

without issues.

The megapixel race is a myth... it's nice to have more if they're on a larger digital sensor,

but when you start cramming more pixels onto the tiny sensors it just ends up degrading

image quality. 5 to 6 megapixels is perfect for a small point-and-shoot camera.

Count me in on the disappointed bandwagon. We always shop Walmart first. I am surprised they don't have anything appealing! Walmart lost a lot of money in last years sales. I would think this year they would do something to bring the people in.

Anyhow, I will be hitting a couple of other stores but not Walmart.. oh well...

I don't know. Meijer's made me pretty excited. Thanksgiving ad blew me away. Slight problem - Hubby works 6 am - 2 pm on that day. Not taking 3 little ones out. trying to figure out if I can make a deal that day with a SIL that maybe wants something from there and one of my nieces spending the night to stay with my kids...hmmm