Finding a paper

e11is

We have no problems finding a newspaper stuffed full of Black Friday ads.

Here's how we do it:

• 1) Thanksgiving morning we walk to the convenience store ... a whole 3 minutes away. It's quiet except for the whirl of the slurpee machines and the door chime. Walk over to the newspaper counter and buy a copy of The Oregonian for $0.50
  • 2) Eat turkey, go to the movies and spend 22 hours surfing GottaDeal.com

I'm kinda worried about this year's TDay paper, because recently the CC ad stopped coming in the St. Louis paper, even though there's a CC near me.. Same thing with WalMart, so I'm not really sure where I can go to find a paper with those ads. (GottaDeal is wonderful, but I'd really love to be able to have the ads in my hand when shopping, especially after the WM and BB fiasco last year!)

I'm kinda worried about this year's TDay paper, because recently the CC ad stopped coming in the St. Louis paper, even though there's a CC near me.. Same thing with WalMart, so I'm not really sure where I can go to find a paper with those ads. (GottaDeal is wonderful, but I'd really love to be able to have the ads in my hand when shopping, especially after the WM and BB fiasco last year!)

Why dont you call your local paper and voice your concerns. Also you might want to call CC and tell the manager. Maybe he can do something as well. Just an idea.

We don't usually have trouble finding a paper but I've found out and it doesn't pertan to just the BF sales papers but if I go to a store to purchase the paper the either 1/2 the ads are missing or there's no ads at all so I've started getting them out of a paper box. Also if you buy out of the box you don't have to pay tax on the paper.:cheesy:

We don't usually have trouble finding a paper but I've found out and it doesn't pertan to just the BF sales papers but if I go to a store to purchase the paper the either 1/2 the ads are missing or there's no ads at all so I've started getting them out of a paper box. Also if you buy out of the box you don't have to pay tax on the paper.:cheesy:

:g_think:Wattayamean box????

Our one Hy-Vee grocery store got a Starbucks this year. Every time we go there, hubby has to get a coffee. :)

:eek: I would be SO happy if our Hy-Vee got a Starbucks! Lucky-duck! :D

I have to get up and be out by 7am:tired: on T-day morning to get a paper at the gas-station down the street. If they are out, I go to Hy-Vee, then W-Mart - and I live in a larger city.

We always get a Wal-Mart paper in the mail a few days beforehand. But I always subscribe to one of the newspapers from a bigger town close to us to get the other ads. The paper gets delivered usually by 3 a.m. I do use this site to make my list before I even get the ads, but I like to have the actual ads when I'm shopping.

Tax on newspaper?:eek: What state are you in?

I subscribe to one paper, but they don't carry all of the ads. I need to go out and get a different paper, and yes the local stores sell their newspapers out early - typically by 9 or 10am.

Same problem here. If I want all the ads I have to go buy a different paper... :(

You people are lucky to get your papers so early. I live in the smallest city in the USA (literally) and we only have one store/gas station. Our papers are not delivered until sometime afternoon. The upside to living in such a small area is that everyone knows everyone on a first name basis and I can just stop in at the store and ask the owner to save one for me.