>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

i am learning from here on what to buy and what not to ! thanks everyone ! my question is (before i even have a system) do you need a game cube controller to play the gamecube games? i have been buying some of the things as i find them (classic controller,nunchuck,points,etc..) but tonight i was told i needed that controller to make those games work ! HELP? THANKS

Finally got my wii today. Went into walmart to look for a TV stand, and figured there was no chance there would be wii since it was 3 oclock. Walked in and they had 2 in the stand. Then, went to target looking for the same thing and they had nunchucks(I already had an extra wiimote). Super extra lucky today.

Our Walmart got 6 in yesterday, the first three went quickly, and as of around 3 or 3:30 there were still 3 left. I guess maybe people are just not expecting them to be in stock, so they aren't really calling or asking about them.

i am learning from here on what to buy and what not to ! thanks everyone ! my question is (before i even have a system) do you need a game cube controller to play the gamecube games? i have been buying some of the things as i find them (classic controller,nunchuck,points,etc..) but tonight i was told i needed that controller to make those games work ! HELP? THANKS

http://www.wiisworld.com/images/hardware/gamecube-ports.jpg

You plug the controllers into there. The other slot next to it is for memory cards.

Yes, you do. WM.com or Target.com has 2-packs of wireless GC controllers for $19.99. The controllers when I got them for my GC were $19.99-29.99 each, so $19.99 for two is a good deal (mine are not wireless).

Anybody needing HD cables for the Wii, I just picked up I just picked up one by Psyclone Essentials at Wal-Mart today. They're charging $1.72 for it. The official cable coming out I think is suppose to run about $30.

Still no Wii systems either in any store I've been in, Even though i have one, I'm still looking. I did see Target with about 30 of them the middle of last week. They sold quick.

Question regarding the Wii using gamecube games w/contollers.

My DS is in the middle of playing a gamecube game (madden) on his wii, and it keeps shutting down on him saying to read the gamecube manual.

Is anyone having this issue? I havent seen the screen, cuz he shuts it down in frustration everytime, but its happened at least twice now.

TIA

Hey I thought I'd help everyone out on here. (Apologies if this has already been mentioned)

I ordered an extra controller off of Nintendo.com this past saturday and it arrived by Wednesday. Now that's not the help I'm talking about, check this out

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16878190051

Wiimote @ Newegg

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16878190052

Nunchuk @ Newegg

I cannot say the price is necessarily good, however I will say if you are looking for a controller here's on more place you can find one. Word of caution though the website says their OEM, yet the pictures show the controllers in their standard packaging. So there you go.

Hey I thought I'd help everyone out on here. (Apologies if this has already been mentioned)

I ordered an extra controller off of Nintendo.com this past saturday and it arrived by Wednesday. Now that's not the help I'm talking about, check this out

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16878190051

Wiimote @ Newegg

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16878190052

Nunchuk @ Newegg

I cannot say the price is necessarily good, however I will say if you are looking for a controller here's on more place you can find one. Word of caution though the website says their OEM, yet the pictures show the controllers in their standard packaging. So there you go.

Not sure what you mean by your word of caution. OEM means just that "original equipment manufacturer", so they should be in the standard packaging.

I was by Best Buy today and asked the guy in games, he said they haven't been told anything, he searched the back and doesn't see any in stock at this time. But then he told me he searched on line and one of the seeker sites said that they would be getting more in on the 21st! lol That struck me as so funny that he works there and was surfing to find out when they would be getting more, and told me like is was a deep dark secret....

Usually items like this can be found pretty easy by now after the holidays. Looks like Nintendo didn't realize the demand that the Wii would have!

I think it is a question of not meeting production goals. They wanted to have 4 million worldwide by the end of 2006. Based on the US numbers it does not look like they reached that goal.