>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I got in line with my boys at 10pm and we were #9. The store manager came out at around 2 and told us they had 15 Wii consoles available and 6 PS3. I thought that was nice of him so people who didn't have a chance could leave and not wait until 7am when they start to hand out tickets. My DH showed up for his shift at 3 am so I'm off to bed:yawn:

Good luck everybody!

I received inside information that the EB stores around Reading, PA will be posting quantity they have as they close on Saturday. I guess they figure that doing that should reduce any crowds or problems.

Gamestop in my town has been very nice about letting us know what to expect and when. This evening they told my dh that they couldn't tell her how many they had, but that if she came back at closing time, they could tell her then. She didn't make it back, but I drove by to check for a line at about 10:30 and only saw a few people milling about, so I got out to see what I could find out, and was quickly greeted by the group and informed that I was number 3, they had 6. I wasn't really planning on spending the night outside like that, but the weather isn't bad and I had relief help available. I just left my dh in line and went to the WM Supercenter across the parking lot where they have been saying for the last couple of days that they would have 5 and the truck would come in around 3:00 a.m. today, and they would just be up for grabs. Turns out the truck didn't show up, so they don't know if they will have any at all before Christmas. Guess it's a good think I took that #3 spot in the line.

There was a small group of college students waiting for 1 of the PS3,and they only have 22 What really stinks for those guys is that if they had been there before the store closed, they could have just bought it - they aren't holding them for a sale ad!

Looks like at 10:00 a.m. when the store opens my search will finally be over! Target Stores in the suburbs were beginning to have lines early in the evening. Our town is too small for a Target and WM both - just glad we have a Gamestop.

Good luck to all who are still looking!

Just got back from CC - I was no 22 they got in 10. The manager came out (5:45) and told us how many they had, which was nice. Lines at all the other stores TRUs, Targets (hubby drove by a few of each) all had at leat 40 people. Target on Sawmill had easily 100 people in line, maybe more. Looks like this will have to be an after Christmas purchase.

I was one of the lucky few today who got the nintendo wii. I just got back like 30 minutes ago. I spent the night at Circuit City. I got there 11pm was #7 in line, and there was 8 Wiis in stock. SO I got really lucky. IM so stoked, been waiting for this for a while. well worth the wait.There was a few people that waited like 7 hours that didnt get it, what losers, they were told there was gonna be 8 yet they still stayed in line. People sometimes are hard of hearing, you feel me.

I'm happy for everyone who got one but I'm still looking. All the stores I went to early this morning had 2. This is such a stupid and cruel marketing ploy to only release a few at a time in order to drive the demand up. I'm still trying to find one but I don't have time to wait in line anymore, anyone heard of any internet deals that are coming up?

I broke down and bought one off ebay. But actually it wasn't such a bad deal. It was $425 and it included the new Zelda and the Zelda guide. I figure I paid less than $100 over cost and had the luxury of having it shipped to my house. By the time I had taken off of work to stand it line it probably would have cost me! LOL My boys are going to be so excited!

Guest JeepMom

I was one of the lucky few today who got the nintendo wii. I just got back like 30 minutes ago. I spent the night at Circuit City. I got there 11pm was #7 in line, and there was 8 Wiis in stock. SO I got really lucky. IM so stoked, been waiting for this for a while. well worth the wait.There was a few people that waited like 7 hours that didnt get it, what losers, they were told there was gonna be 8 yet they still stayed in line. People sometimes are hard of hearing, you feel me.

Some people are just plain rude losers and wait until the week before to try to get one....ohhh wait......isn't that what you........

Sometimes people are just jerks, you feel me?

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I paid retail price, it was delivered to my front door.

Some people are just plain rude losers and wait until the week before to try to get one....ohhh wait......isn't that what you........

Sometimes people are just jerks, you feel me?

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I paid retail price, it was delivered to my front door.

i was at walmart a couple of weeks ago and they said they had 12. i was 11. many people showed up and left. then they came out and said they had 13. several hours went by and they came out and said they now have 16. you just never know. people that showed up late got one that day while people who showed up early left.

ive been in 3 wii lines so far and got wii's twice. once at target i got a number but left and came back 1/2 hour after the store opened and they gave my wii to someone else because i wasnt there. i guess im such an idiot but ive had a blast in the lines talking to people and i now have purchased 6 wiis!! i was never able to find them online and trying there was not as much fun as waiting at the stores. The stores were much easier for me.

SCORE I just came back from one of my local Walmart where I got not only a PS3 but 2 Wii's. If you guys are close to Bluefield VA the Walmart had about 10 more PS3s at about 11am. Sorry but I got the only 2 Wii's they had. Good luck on everybodys hunt today!

Heather

SCORE I just came back from one of my local Walmart where I got not only a PS3 but 2 Wii's. If you guys are close to Bluefield VA the Walmart had about 10 more PS3s at about 11am. Sorry but I got the only 2 Wii's they had. Good luck on everybodys hunt today!

Heather

congrats!!! lets hope the rest of us gets lucky too!!

After a bit of a horror story at the Berkshire Mall I finally got one at Microplay. The manager said that they were the same two that have been there since THURSDAY. People just stopped asking about them I guess, idk.

If you are in the Reading, PA area and are still looking, the manager (from Microplay) told me from a good source that fye at the Fairgrounds 'should' be getting some Tuesday/Wednesday. Good Luck to those who are w/o.

I ended up with a PS3 from the other store, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. /shrug

The ps3 seem to be available now. After I waited for hours Sunday morning for the Wii at a Target in MI they said that they didn't have any more Wiis but they had ps3(s). Some people bought them but they still had about 8 just sitting there. Maybe the higher price, but my kids want the Wii they don't want the ps3.

I have gotten so tired of checking all my local outlets for the extra controllers and nunchuks so I have given up and placed an order directly with Nintendo. They can't gte delivery by Christmas, but they are suppose to be getting in another shipment of controllers this week. Wish me luck!

Here's the link if any one is interested:

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=Y&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=%C8%C9%C7&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=&categoryId=62705&lastAction=CategoryDisplay&orderTotal=null

Funny, my dear wife just happeded by Wal Mart at lunch hour, they announced they had one Wii and two PS3, first come first served.

What a wonderful girl she is grabbed the Wii for me:).

Prob tired of listening to be look for them online and calling all around lol.

Merry Christmas all! and good luck

I just found one in the case at Walmart. They had just put them out after lunch. The electronics mgr. told me he knew they were getting them in, just didn't know when. He found them in stock right after lunch and brought them out to the sales floor. It might be worth checking with your Walmart.

ok the wii thing is driving me a little crazy...lol. My husband went to 2 walmarts today and he could of got 4 ps3s 60 gb. If you read my previous thread he also purchased 2 20gb ps3s.

I think I am being haunted by the playstation. But yet I can't get a wii. Sorry, just had to vent.

Here is some info if you don't already know. My Hubby, whom is the greatest, went to tru on 12/17 and they stated that no more shipments of the wii will be in before christmas. Well he has visited every day and the manger has got to know him and said that he must really love his children to visit us everyday. He also informed him that There will be a shipment in on Friday. I hope by sharing this with you that I will be doing a good thing and hopefully get a wii for my 3 beautiful girls. Well Good luck too all.

I just read where Toy R Us has held back on their Wii & PS3'S! The story is at next generation - interactive! Toys 'R' Us: More PS3, Wii Before Christmas

This may just be in New Jersey. So hopefully they'll be everywhere!!!

New Jersey-based Toys “R” Us touts that it will receive “thousands” of Nintendo Wiis and 6,000 PlayStation 3s in the week leading up to Christmas.

I got a Wii on sunday at circuit city, boy did I have to wait in line forever though to get it. its defently the hottest item this christmas. I think they said they had some stocked yesterday also of the Wii Controllers and Nunchucks. Gonna go back there tommorow to get some more controllers, everyone I know wants to come over and try my new Nintendo Wii out. I played Zelda for 3 hours tonight, its a great game I recommend it if you get the Wii.