>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

hey all! went to EB yesterday and the manager told me that they were starting to get a couple Wii everyday so the best bet would be to get there when they open. so you may want to call your local store and see what they say.

this sounds right, as i called my store (as i do everyday LOL) and their truck just came and it had four yesterday. I live about 7 blocks from the store. I jumped in car, drove a little on the excessive speed side, and got there just in time to get #3 of the four. Guy that came in door behind me grabbed the other. Wii were up till 4am playing it, so fun. I hope the rest of you score one soon as well. Good luck and keep hunting.

Congrats on getting your Wii :) I got my system on christmas eve and went to 7 different vendors (Target, Ebx, etc) to get 3 wii remotes, 4 nunchucks, Super Swing Golf, and Super Monkey Ball. The Wii is deffinately alot of fun even though the graphics may not stack up to the Xbox 360 or PS3. My only problem is that I haven't had any luck setting up to connect online using a wireless connection. It found my Access Point but wouldn't connect and I gave up after several configuartion. I was wondering if anyone had any problems with connecting your Wii online using a wireless connection.

Congrats on getting your Wii :) I got my system on christmas eve and went to 7 different vendors (Target, Ebx, etc) to get 3 wii remotes, 4 nunchucks, Super Swing Golf, and Super Monkey Ball. The Wii is deffinately alot of fun even though the graphics may not stack up to the Xbox 360 or PS3. My only problem is that I haven't had any luck setting up to connect online using a wireless connection. It found my Access Point but wouldn't connect and I gave up after several configuartion. I was wondering if anyone had any problems with connecting your Wii online using a wireless connection.

I've had a lot of trouble connecting. I've read on many boards that with all the people trying to connect right now the Nintendo servers can't handle it. Depending on the error, just keep trying. Here's a helpful place to try:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/

I was able to get a Wii at our Target in Dublin, OH today too at about 12:30. Just by a fluke I went to register on itrackr and there was a ticker saying they were sited in stock 4 mins ago. I flew there and they had at least 20 maybe 30 in stock. My son was thrilled!!

My local Wal-Mart had a waiting list of those looking for the Wii. I called and went in everyday hoping to luck into one. They did put me on the list and called the minute they came in. Our Wal-Mart recieves their via UPS. I am betting that most do. They even told me the normal delivery time for UPS. On the Friday before Christmas, I told them that I had seen UPS their about an hour before. They went so far as to go to the stock room and went through the UPS delivery. But my luck, there was only the controllers and gloves. But patience paid off. Good Luck all!

To All:

BE NICE.

I don't know how much more clear to be about this, or why this seems to be such a problem for some people. As I'm sure those of you who have children are teaching them - "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

The mods are really losing patience with this thread. It's sad that a few cranky/rude/whatever people are about to ruin it for everyone.

If I have to come in and moderate this thread again, I'm simply going to close it and then you'll all be on your own to find one. Please don't make me have to do that.

Oh, and if you have a problem with this, I suggest you PM me or one of the admins directly. If you post on the site about it, you'll earn yourself an insta-ban.

Jan. 15th Nintendo will release the Wii Play - rather like Sports but a shooting game, etc. instead. It comes with a wii-mote controller for $49.99. You might want to think about doing a preorder on this. Considering how difficult it is to obtain controllers I well imagine this will sell out pretty quickly in local stores.

I did a preorder at Circuit City with free ground shipping.

Jan. 15th Nintendo will release the Wii Play - rather like Sports but a shooting game, etc. instead. It comes with a wii-mote controller for $49.99. You might want to think about doing a preorder on this. Considering how difficult it is to obtain controllers I well imagine this will sell out pretty quickly in local stores.

Thanks so much!

Thanks! Just ordered.

I've also seen a site, I believe it was Nintendo's, that talks about certain routers not being compatible. It also depends on the type of security. Go to the site to see if your router is compatible:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/routers/en_na/routerIndex.jsp

I've also heard that your security probably needs to be set to WEP, that is the only one that works with the Wii, from what I hear. So check your router and security settings. By the way, we love our Wii too. Lots of fun so far.

This has been pushed back to 2/12, cc just has not updated their site info yet. just some fyi for all you nice people on the board.

sources:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163464.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/19/wii-play-delay-wiimote-pack-in-due-in-february/

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=230004

I got mine reserved as well, and just a side thought, those of you with enough wiimotes, i am sure there be ample amounts of just the game available over at yabe.com for a lot less then as if it still had the wiimote as i am sure they will strip them out and try to sell them seperate.

Guest JeepMom

I went to game stop tonight. Saw a guy walk out with a PS3.

I pre-ordered wii-play. They said it's being released 2/12 but warrio ware(sp?) was comming out on the 15th of Jan.