>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Will one memory card do the job?

Thanks!

I'm not really sure on the answer for this, but I asked my son yesterday what I should get in memory cards and he suggested that I buy each of my kids a 512 MB card. For anyone that would know more does this sound right? He is pretty knowledable with technology, so that is what I was going to do.

Guest boblin120
I just got back from a small town walmart, and ended up with 2 wii. We got there at 6am and there was only 6 people in line and they had 20 systems. From there we had to go to target and wait in line for almost an hour to get zelda as everyone else is sold out of them. every other store had tons of people in line.

I'm not really sure on the answer for this, but I asked my son yesterday what I should get in memory cards and he suggested that I buy each of my kids a 512 MB card. For anyone that would know more does this sound right? He is pretty knowledable with technology, so that is what I was going to do.

1Gb cards are so cheap I would get those. You can get them on black friday for under $5, or $10 or less online if you wait for a deal. That will definitly be enough for saving game data. It sounds like you can use the card for picture viewing, possibly music or save games on it.

1Gb cards are so cheap I would get those. You can get them on black friday for under $5, or $10 or less online if you wait for a deal. That will definitly be enough for saving game data. It sounds like you can use the card for picture viewing, possibly music or save games on it.

So you think I should get them each a 1GB memory card instead? I seen in Walgreens ad today that they had a 512 MB SD card for $12.99(no rebate). I was going to get 4 of them(one for each). I know that there will be some bf deals on memory cards, but I don't think I will be able to get 4 cards, especially if the have MIR.

Guest Deals4Mommy
Just got back from Target. Just like that site said, our Target had 81 systems. I got two. They also had a deal for today only, in case any of you want to take advantage. Buy 3 games and get a $20 Wii gift card or any gift card of your choice. Not sure if this applied to only those that bought a Wii as it wasn't specified on the little ticket we had. But, it's worth a try to ask. $20 is like getting the Nunchuk or the classic controller for FREE. BTW, only stood in line for 4 hours was number 38.

Guest JeepMom
Dang it! DH wants one and I didn't jump on it because I didn't think he'd want it. I have 20gig PS3 on the way but I don't really want it.......agh!

I took my wife to Wal-Mart to get her a Wii. One Wal-Mart was so messed up and there were too many people there, so we left. The next Wal-Mart was very organized and had a sign in list. You still had to wait in line, but if your name was one of the 20 (for each system they had), you got a Wii. We were #18. They had 19 copies of Zelda, which was the main game she wanted. 3 people total didn't want Zelda out of the 20 systems sold, so they had 2 left. Naturally they sold to others standing around that got there too late to get a system. Those people were told there were at least 19 more systems coming next week.

OMG!!! I just got an order to go through on Amazon!!! I placed the order at 10:14am Central Time.

I've been refreshing the site since 5:00am off and on...just every once in awhile. I almost missed it!

Anyways, I got one....no standing in line. I have the Amazon prime so I paid 3.99 for One Day Shipping. Due to arrive on Tuesday. I'll believe it when it gets here!

Good luck everyone!

Michelle

Wii Controllers on sale @ Circuit CIty

Classic Controller and Nunchuk Controller for the Wii $14.99 each @ Circuitcity.com

Classic Controller $14.99 (Online and In-store):

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...c%20Controller

Nunchuk Controller $14.99 (In-store Only):

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ninte...oductDetail.do

CircuitCity.com has the Classic controller for the Wii on sale right now for $14.99. I know it isn't much of a savings but you can get it with in-store pick up if your local store(s) have it in-stock at time of purchase

D56nut Good deal. I was just reading on the Amazon site that some of them that just scored them got a delivery date of January 21-22. Did you get that notice?

So far mine says it's processing and will ship on November 20th and arrive on November 21st. I'll believe it when I get the tracking number!

Michelle

Just got a confirmation e-mail from Microcenter saying the item will ship within 1-3 days 'providing' the order is in stock...not happy with that. I did just try and add one into my shopping cart and it said the item is no longer available so hopefully what I did this morning was real. They mentioned not charging the card until the item is shipping but the charge was already showing.........:eyepoppin

Wii Controllers on sale @ Circuit CIty

Classic Controller and Nunchuk Controller for the Wii $14.99 each @ Circuitcity.com

Classic Controller $14.99 (Online and In-store):

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...c%20Controller

Nunchuk Controller $14.99 (In-store Only):

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ninte...oductDetail.do

CircuitCity.com has the Classic controller for the Wii on sale right now for $14.99. I know it isn't much of a savings but you can get it with in-store pick up if your local store(s) have it in-stock at time of purchase

Thanks! Is that just today?

Are you guys finding Zelda's gone????

I am wondering if I should step out today and get one???:cheesy:

Also I ordered the bundle pack from Amazon, never ordered there before. How will I know when I am supposed to get my system?

It gave me a delivery estimate of Nov 27-30 when I ordered. Is that good or doesn't mean anything?

Guest boblin120
the stores near me are completely sold out. That is 4 walmarts, target, meijer, circuit city and toysrus for the zelda game. But you can still order it off the best buy website.

Just got home from picking our wii up .. Got 4 games too Rayman, GT racing, Tony hawk and Red zone I think it was called. We have Zelda coming on its way.. DH wants Need for speed.. I was going to wait till Christmas to give them the system but they got it it now :cheesy: with the understanding this was thier big gift .. They are not getting all the games or know the ones we got yet :smart:

Well, no joy here. BB ran out, CC ran out, Kmart ran out, Sears ran out. Costco didn't have any at all. Neither did Radio Shack. Not sure where else to try, I guess I will keep trying online every once in a while to see if any come back available to order that way.

David

Finally found a great deal for the wii. Buy a 1gb sd for 34.00, get a 30.00 Rebate, subtract another 10.00 using google checkout, After shipping, total cost = 5.37

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~760835.asp

Qty Item Price

1 1GB 40x Secure Digital (SD) Card $34.00

Shipping & Handling (Ground Service) : $8.56

Tax (CA) : $2.81

1 Google Checkout Bonus - $10 off orders over $30 from this store. -$10.00

Total: $35.37

Bought our Wii at 8 am this morning after 8 hours outside at Target......I was number 5, Our Target had 39, way more than our Walmarts (20) and Meijer (24). Yesterday at about 3 pm both Walmart and Meijer had all systems spoken for already... A few people who came at 7 am when the tickets were being handed out at Target were able to get one. I now have one happy little 5 year old boy!

Went to Toys R Us for my mom to get her WII. Good thing we got there early. THEY messed up and had some extra WII's and sold them... WELL they found out they sold some of the PreOrders so this afternoon when the rest of the people come in for their PreOrder comes in - they aren't going to be happy. We asked them if they had any extras and that is what the manager told us. I'd be soo peeved if it were me not getting it whereas others just walked in off the streets and got it. They "thought" they had 19 extras but didn't!