>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Finally found a great deal for the wii. Buy a 1gb sd for 34.00, get a 30.00 Rebate, subtract another 10.00 using google checkout, After shipping, total cost = 5.37

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~760835.asp

Qty Item Price

1 1GB 40x Secure Digital (SD) Card $34.00

Shipping & Handling (Ground Service) : $8.56

Tax (CA) : $2.81

1 Google Checkout Bonus - $10 off orders over $30 from this store. -$10.00

Total: $35.37

How does the $30 rebate work? Cause by my ath that is $34 - 30 = 14 - 10 = 5, but the total comes up to $24 not 34.

Went to TRU around 12:30 and was looking at the Wii games. The TRU employee tells me, "we're already sold out of the Wii."

"I have a pre-order" I said smugly.

So here is the breakdown:

Wii $249.99

Spongbob $49.99

MonkeyBal $59.99

Tony Hawk $49.99

- $5 TRU coupon from deposit

- $5 TRU coupon from today (yep, they took the same coupon twice!)

- 10% on today's total for opening a TRU account

- $30 for buying the 3 game bundle

Total out of pocket = $350 for Wii and 3 games. Not bad.

Now can anyone explain to me if I need to buy memory cards or do you get a certain amount with the Wii? Thanks.

Went to TRU around 12:30 and was looking at the Wii games. The TRU employee tells me, "we're already sold out of the Wii."

"I have a pre-order" I said smugly.

So here is the breakdown:

Wii $249.99

Spongbob $49.99

MonkeyBal $59.99

Tony Hawk $49.99

- $5 TRU coupon from deposit

- $5 TRU coupon from today (yep, they took the same coupon twice!)

- 10% on today's total for opening a TRU account

- $30 for buying the 3 game bundle

Total out of pocket = $350 for Wii and 3 games. Not bad.

Now can anyone explain to me if I need to buy memory cards or do you get a certain amount with the Wii? Thanks.

Its not needed... there is some memory builtin (512MB). It can be used for Saves, and downloads for the Virtual Console.

Kmart

There was none at our Kmart, walmart or Rhino or even Sam Goodys went to all three places they didnt even have one at ebgames.. DH called to the Target in Jacksonville and they have some and is holding one for him till tomorrow since they had plenty and DH was going to be that way tomorrow for a job interview :D

34.00 for the card, 8.56 for shipping, 2.81 for tax = 45.37

- 30 rebate, - 10 google check out = -40

I am not posting anymore, don't worry, I didn't know I would be critized, I just wanted share. Good bye

Don't get offended, there might be someone on the board that could use your advice. It is an open forum and everyone can participate.

How does the $30 rebate work? Cause by my ath that is $34 - 30 = 14 - 10 = 5, but the total comes up to $24 not 34.

It will work as $34 + $8.56=$42.56-$10(google)=$32.56 -$30.00 rebate=$2.56 (we don't have sales tax here in Montana) The google $10 doesn't affect what you get for rebate at all so you get the full rebate, it will pay for the shipping. Little better deal if it had free shipping.....

Microcenter........sent me an e-mail this afternoon how many hours after they took the money out of the account, they are on backorder!!! They will let you place the order but then send you a backorder notice later. Now I missed out on it this morning when the Target 5 mins away still had availability at 9 am.........:mad:

I am not posting anymore, don't worry, I didn't know I would be critized, I just wanted share. Good bye

I don't think anyone was critizing you, I think they were wondering how it works. Essentially, the google $10 doesn't affect the rebate. I actually get it for $2.56 because we don't have sales tax.

DH=Darling Husband or Dear Husband

Unless your ticked at them then its Darn Husband or worse. Got a funny about this when we first got on the internet DH saw me typing that DH and he said what does that mean I told him he said oh He thought it was Dixx head instead.. I said well if you make me mad it might mean that sometimes LOL

Hey, I appreciate your posting. Thanks, you saved me money!!!

I just wanted to share my experience today... I waited in line at my local BB for Wii this morning. I had a couple of options between BB, CC, and Target. Target had more people in line than both, so I decided on BB figuring they too would have a large alotment. I haven't waited in line for a gaming system since the PS2 came out. It was an interesting experience to say they least from the 15 yr. old drunk kid to the rich women who bought tickets from people in line. It was all worth it though...the system is awesome. While the Wii Sports is a little hokey, I just love it. Not bad for a bundle game. They should go back to those days when you got a game with the system. If you weren't able to pick up a Wii today, don't worry...There will be plenty more deliveries in the next few weeks.

I just wanted to share my experience today... I waited in line at my local BB for Wii this morning. I had a couple of options between BB, CC, and Target. Target had more people in line than both, so I decided on BB figuring they too would have a large alotment. I haven't waited in line for a gaming system since the PS2 came out. It was an interesting experience to say they least from the 15 yr. old drunk kid to the rich women who bought tickets from people in line. It was all worth it though...the system is awesome. While the Wii Sports is a little hokey, I just love it. Not bad for a bundle game. They should go back to those days when you got a game with the system. If you weren't able to pick up a Wii today, don't worry...There will be plenty more deliveries in the next few weeks.

I sure hope so!!!

I went out on Saturday night to 2 different local Wal-Mart's hoping to get one at midnight...NO LUCK. 1 WM had 29 tickets and 29 in line. The 2nd WM had 20 tickets and 32 in line.

My friend and I decided to go to CC just right around the corner. They had a sign posted...15 Wii's. She and I were #'s 8 & 9 in line. This was at 10:00pm. Needless to say, we weathered ALL NIGHT in 30 degree temps. By 4:00am the line was full with 1 extra 'hopeful' person as well. The weather wasn't too bad...I had my hubbie bring the Kerosene Heater, plenty of blankets, clothes, snacks & drinks.

Hubbie got 1, I got 1, Best Friend got 1, and each of her 2 son's got 1 each...5 total between us.

Yes, you ask...I am still up. It is now 1:00am here in NC, Monday morning. I have been awake since Saturday morning 8:30am. GEE's I need to hit the sack. I just think I'm past the sleepy stage...can't seem to unwind. Hubbie sure is sawing logs though...hehehe!!!

I meant to post earlier but I was too tired from camping out outside my local Target to get the unit. I just woke up from a loooong nap. I started early (so I thought) on Saturday to go to Walmart to wait in line. The weekly ad said "most" stores open at midnight (or 12:01) but the ones closer to me weren't one of them. Well so I went to Target and waited in line all night, it was quite an experience. I'm glad I got the unit. My friends who decided not to camp out were at home trying to buy it on costco.com but the website was slow and had no luck. I hope this system won't have any problems. I'm already hearing a lot of problems with PS3.

Guest Deals4Mommy

TRU had another coupon in the Sunday paper. Receive a $10 gift card with any $75 or more purchase. Their sales ad, also shows the Wii games you can buy 3 and receive $30 off, apparently no coupon needed. I thought this was something that was available to only those that had those preorders card, but apparently not. So, I will purchase each set of my games seperately for a $40 savings, instead of $30.

I forgot to get my paper today and thought about all the Black Friday sales should be there, so I dashed out to get one before the paper man comes around to pick them up. I went to the local ****** and then McDonald's for the FREE Monday coffee. While I waited at the drive-thru, decided to look at my newspaper. Well, I went right back to the ***** and ask the girl if I could take a sale paper out of each newspaper, since they were being picked up in the next hour and she agreed.

So, I now have about 13 $10 gift card coupons. Now, I'm just worried my system will be there tomorrow when I go pick it up as someone mentioned on this board that TRU mistakenly sold some of the pre-orders.

TRU had another coupon in the Sunday paper. Receive a $10 gift card with any $75 or more purchase. Their sales ad, also shows the Wii games you can buy 3 and receive $30 off, apparently no coupon needed. I thought this was something that was available to only those that had those preorders card, but apparently not. So, I will purchase each set of my games seperately for a $40 savings, instead of $30.

The $10 on $75 savings if for your NEXT trip. It will not count towards your Wii purchase.