When do you try to be "done" shopping?

abentley

Nowadays, the wife & I always try to be done shopping by Dec 15th, but when I was working @ Wal-mart my (then) girlfriend would always call me about an hour or so before I was scheduled to leave on Christmas Eve to pick up some last minute item for Uncle what's his name, or some other relative that showed up unexpectedly.

i try to be done with MY shopping by the 1st week in December. The problem is, my dad always hits me up to do HIS shopping for my mom's gifts!!! So I'm not usually done with it til A week before xmas! But I do love to shop!! And spending someone else's money is a plus!!

• 1 month later...
I have a list I keep most of the year, writing down things I notice someone needs or wants. Early Nov., I start looking for sales and checking things off the list. I am done about the first week in Dec., then I just enjoy going out to the stores, taking in the holidays, picking up odds and ends. I'm the type who would make myself crazy otherwise.

Last year I tried to get it all done on BF, but all through December I kept remembering somebody else I had to buy for! This year I'm trying to be better organized- I've been writing down everybody I have to get a gift for as I think of them. So i'm crossing my fingers that I'll remember them all on BF!!

I'm one of the people who shop all year round. I also keep a list of everyone I buy for and what my ideas for them are. I've usually got way more than enough gifts for everyone by the end of July, but I have absolutely NO self control and will continue to shop all of the sales. When I drag up everything to wrap it, it looks like my house exploded. It's amazing how when it's written down on paper it doesn't really seem all that out of control, but when it's sitting in front of you....uh oh!! lol:cheesy:

I'm almost completely done now (my husband does have one tech gift to buy for my il's that I can't pick out) including stocking stuffers AND 12 days of christmas gifts. The kicker is that they are also about 80% wrapped. I have a few things still to wrap, 1 thing still in the mail, and the non-giftbag presents will need bows. Other than that, I am DONE! :eyepoppin

This must be some kind of sickness, lol.

Now, I will still do a little BF shopping, because both dh and dd have birthdays within the 6 weeks after Christmas, so I have now moved on to birthday shopping (I already have some stuff for ds' bday in May, too.