GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy March! My daughter, Kendall, finished up her luge season this past weekend, culminating in Youth Nationals, the National Championships. She was supposed to race in her age group, and her coach bumped her up to the next age group, to make it a challenge rather than a gimme. She placed 6th out of 12. She is 13, racing against 14-16 year olds who are older, bigger, and more experienced than her, and we are so proud of her hard work this season! Per her coach, she will likely be promoted to the next level team when team selection is released on May 1, setting her one step closer to becoming a future Olympian. I'm going to need a LOT more deals, if we're going to afford this, lol.post-90721-16781510338991_thumb.jpgpost-90721-16781510908565_thumb.jpgpost-90721-16781510965478_thumb.jpg
  • Like 9

Happy March! My daughter, Kendall, finished up her luge season this past weekend, culminating in Youth Nationals, the National Championships. She was supposed to race in her age group, and her coach bumped her up to the next age group, to make it a challenge rather than a gimme. She placed 6th out of 12. She is 13, racing against 14-16 year olds who are older, bigger, and more experienced than her, and we are so proud of her hard work this season! Per her coach, she will likely be promoted to the next level team when team selection is released on May 1, setting her one step closer to becoming a future Olympian. I'm going to need a LOT more deals, if we're going to afford this, lol.attachicon.gifIMG_20230305_130147616_BURST001.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_6990%20(2).jpgattachicon.gifdsc_6785.jpg

Congrats to Kendall!!!  Yeah, you probably will need lots of bargains…lol!

• Like 2

Happy March! My daughter, Kendall, finished up her luge season this past weekend, culminating in Youth Nationals, the National Championships. She was supposed to race in her age group, and her coach bumped her up to the next age group, to make it a challenge rather than a gimme. She placed 6th out of 12. She is 13, racing against 14-16 year olds who are older, bigger, and more experienced than her, and we are so proud of her hard work this season! Per her coach, she will likely be promoted to the next level team when team selection is released on May 1, setting her one step closer to becoming a future Olympian. I'm going to need a LOT more deals, if we're going to afford this, lol.attachicon.gifIMG_20230305_130147616_BURST001.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_6990%20(2).jpgattachicon.gifdsc_6785.jpg

Congratulations to Kendall!  And her hardworking family who made it possible for her to compete! :)

• Like 2

Awesome! Fantastic for her!

• Like 1

This one of my favorite winter Olympic sports. Super proud of her!

• Like 1

Yay March. We've had some warm and pretty weather the last few weeks, trees and flowers are blooming, and SO MUCH pollen! Today was cooler, and looks like it's staying that way at least the next 5 days, with some nighttime temps in the 30s. Bleh.

Hi, checking in for March. Birthday month.

Glad daylight savings time is here, lighter evenings.

Still a lot of birds at my feeders, including a 1st timer- Hairy woodpecker.

Daffodils poking up but still not warm, oh wait, maybe tomorrow. Or snow.

ed. to add- where did my smilies go?

Edited by packratfamily
  • Like 2

And not conducive to me finishing my move to my house as easily as I was hoping. Ugh.

Lost multiple large trees in the last storm here at my soon-to-be former apartment complex. Truly sad…

Not to mention the stupid DST adjustment. My daughter is on student council and they had a meeting this morning. So I had to take her to school by 7am. It’s freezing and pitch black out. DST and winter both need to get off my lawn.
  • Like 2