GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy March everyone.  Checking in for the month.  It's a nice and balmy 61 here in Nashville and climbing.  Strong storms later on this afternoon.  Hope everyone is doing great!  Planning our vacation - another driving trip!  This time around Colorado.  We are making a big loop around the state from Denver, down to Great Sand Dunes, over to Mesa Verde, up to Black Canyon and up to Colorado National Monument and then over to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Beside the big stuff, if anyone has any suggestions on historic sites or great views around that loop, please let me know.

Happy March all!

Happy March everyone.  Checking in for the month.  It's a nice and balmy 61 here in Nashville and climbing.  Strong storms later on this afternoon.  Hope everyone is doing great!  Planning our vacation - another driving trip!  This time around Colorado.  We are making a big loop around the state from Denver, down to Great Sand Dunes, over to Mesa Verde, up to Black Canyon and up to Colorado National Monument and then over to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Beside the big stuff, if anyone has any suggestions on historic sites or great views around that loop, please let me know.

Those are some of my favorite places to vacation!

Happy March!  February was a Very Long Short Month!  

Going to 82 degrees today and breaking another record - this is BAD for heating the ocean for hurricane season! :(

I am headed to Orange Beach in a couple of weeks for Spring Break, I recognize it's bad for hurricane season, but we are definitely hopeful for warmer weather that week. 

• Like 1

2 months down, 10 to go! I'm sure it will go fast. It's funny how "warm" the weather is nowadays this time of year. I saw 63 degrees here today. When I was a kid, I can't tell you how many times we had a snow day on my birthday (yesterday).

• Like 2

2 months down, 10 to go! I'm sure it will go fast. It's funny how "warm" the weather is nowadays this time of year. I saw 63 degrees here today. When I was a kid, I can't tell you how many times we had a snow day on my birthday (yesterday).

Belated Happy Happy!

• Like 1

Last night the band Riverside played at Neumos in Seattle, and I made a day out of it. It really was my first indoor live show since 2018.

The issue of if the bus back up the hill to where I live would still be running caused me to worry that I would have to leave halfway through the show. However, my landlords graciously brought the car they allow me to use for work and general running around to the transit center parking around dinner time, so it was waiting for me when I returned. Good thing, too.

My landlord and I were uncertain regarding the hours parking was accessible at the transit center, so instead of taking a bus from the house to the transit center, he drove me so we could look for signage stating hours and make a decision on if I would have to leave early. We didn't see anything stating hours, and made the correct decision that I should be able to access the car regardless of what time I returned from across Lake Washington.

I caught the bus across the lake about 1 pm, and made it to Capitol Hill via light rail around 2 pm. First stop was Twice Sold Tales, a used book store known for its selection and cats. Then I made my way to Dingfelder's Delicatessen for some Jewish appetizing I haven't had since I moved out to the Pacific Northwet over a decade ago.

FB-IMG-1677771726289.jpg

Whitefish chub

Everything bagel with cream cheese

Tomato and onion

Half sour pickle

Sour tomato

Cole slaw and

Warm sweet noodle kugel for dessert

This New York born South Florida GRITS was in heaven!

After lunch I walked about half a mile to the Seattle Starbucks Reserve and Roastery. The "Experience Bar" was closed, but they had some siphon coffee makers set up at the end of the regular coffee bar. I asked if it was still possible to get the Siphon Experience, and although modified slightly, they were happy to do so. Plus, I was allowed to record the presentation.

I was also taken through the "tasting experience," but as I was alone I was unable to film it.

Next was an early pre-show dinner at Bai Tong Street Cafe. A smaller but similar place to the main restaurant, Bai Tong in Redmond, where I occasionally dine, so no pictures from there. I was still fairly full from lunch and coffee, so I only had a bowl of Tom Yum Tofu in order to take my pills and warm up a little. Then I headed to the venue.

I'm really impressed with the social distancing accommodations Neumos arranged for me. I was told the show was only half sold out, so I had the entire balcony space to myself.

There was no light up there, and I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so I didn't put on my phone's flashlight. But, hopefully you can get a feel for what they provided.

FB-IMG-1677773518889.jpg

A slightly better lit view of the space

FB-IMG-1677773529674.jpg

I was really happy to be up above where I was located!

The opening act was called The Cyberian Duo. They were mostly acoustic-ish, but they did play one heavy track. This was their closing number, which returned to being relatively acoustic.

At 9 pm Riverside took the stage. This was their opening number.

(hmm...

I don't know why the video isn't loading in preview, but the link works)

Riverside finished playing about 10:50 pm. I heard they are quite accessible to their fans after the show, but I needed to make my way back to catch transit home. Unfortunately, the bus I needed to catch across Lake Washington runs only once an hour that late at night, and by the time light rail got me to the stop at Westlake Park, I had a40 minute wait in the cold and drizzle. But, the run scheduled for 12:02 am was the last run of the night; I decided I wasn't going to seek shelter anywhere, in case the bus ran early.

I made it across the lake to the transit center, had access to the car, and was home by 12:50 am.

A really wonderful first full excursion out on my own since before lockdown.

• Like 4

Checking in for March. Just had our patio table flip in heavy winds so now it is upside down 10 feet further away in the backyard and that was with 30 pound weights on it lol. The chairs, ottomans, cushions are all at the bottom of the hill against our fence in the back and that is the first time they have ever been blown by the wind. Hope they are still there in the morning cause I am not braving the hill and the mud to try for them now.

Another month down, with not too many complaints (aside from the water leak, but hey, going to get carpet replaced with new tile).  Let's see how March will go, maybe I can get caught up on a few things I fell behind on.