Answer 3 Questions & Win GottaDEAL Hoodies [Winners Posted]

Brad

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?

Based on what I am looking for (Galaxy 5 watch, flash drives etc.) I think Best Buy or Kohl's will have the best deals

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.

Will probably do my shopping online, but will definitely visit stores on Friday just because I've been missing it for over 2 years....

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?

Camping outside Kohl's and Best Buy so as to get coupons/tokens for high demand items around 2AM on Friday....

1. Walmart.

2. Walmart. Pretty much the only game in town. Best Buy used to be the best but succumbed to Walmart.

3. Walmart needs to be defunct to get black Friday restored to it's former glory and significance. They ruined and continue to ruin everything Black Friday.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? Kohls!  They have continued to have the biggest, and most interesting ads in the last few years.  Target will be a close second.

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Yes!  I will definitely make a few stops, weather permitting.

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?  Early morning sales, but I do like that the stores will remain closed on Thanksgiving.

Target is usually a best bet to have some great deals.
2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.

I have somewhere to be early Friday, but I may try to swing in to Target by my house just to experience Black Friday in person.  Most or all of my shopping will have been done by then,

Spreading out the sales over weeks is exhausting, it's hard to keep track of everything.  I miss trying to decide which store to start at, and comradery of everyone out at insane hours of the morning lol.

Edited by kayray
  • Like 1

1.  I think WalMart will do the best deals ahead of time, Fr
2. I couldn't imagine not shopping in the stores in person on Black Friday.
3. I am just happy that more stores are not open on Thanksgiving.  Starting fresh on BF is so much better than going into a store at 4 am that has already been picked over.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? Depends on what you’re looking for but for me, Target

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.. Nope, I live an hour from a Walmart so no way I’ll be in person.

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? Not being open on Thanksgiving so the excitement is revved up on BF

Edited by setlok73

1. A tie between Walmart and Target for the average household and shopper. They seem to offer a great variety and amazing price points for families.

2.I have missed whooping in the stores, and will happily go if there is something worth going for. It is sport, it is fun, and I usually enjoy the people most of all! The energy can be amazing.

3. doorbusters…something FUN!!! I miss the excitement of things….

1.) For what I’ll be looking for, likely Target/Meijer/Walmart

2.) I’ll for sure be out and about shopping on BF. Not yet sure exactly which stores but B&BW is always on the list.

3.) I still miss the little JC Penney snow globes. Wish they’d make a comeback. They always made an early stop at JCP a must for me. [emoji170]

• Like 1

Kohl’s. I feel like their deals are usually right on par with what other stores offer but when you add in the coupons they usually have and the extra Kohl’s cash you earn during their BF sales, they can’t be beat!

If I do, it will have to actually be on the morning of BF. I work nights and unfortunately have to work at 6pm Thanksgiving night until 6am. The past few years we have shopped exclusively online – I do somewhat miss the excitement of going out and about!

As many others, I really miss the stores not opening until early morning ON FRIDAY. I also miss the JcPenney snow globes. :D

Kohls. They seem to have things for a wide range of people on my list.

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year?

I hope so, but will do most of my shopping online this year. I do want to go in some stores this year for odds and ends, because I do miss the excitement of shopping on Black Friday.

I do miss going to Walmart between 2-3am on Black Friday to get my items to price match. I would put Post-it notes on the items so I knew what ad and page they were on. That way I was sure I got that item. I also miss the unexpected free giveaways like the Scooby-Doo Marshmallow pops and bottles of water at Toys R Us one year. It was such a nice gesture.

1. Wal-Mart since my budget is much much smaller this year

2.unfortunately most of my shopping will be done online this year since I have had major surgery a few weeks ago and now I am sidelined with a infection at the surgical site.

3.All the sales starting Friday morning. It has taken the excitement out of brick and mortar shopping by having a whole month of sales.

1) Best ad? I think that is an odd way to think of it. Each ad may have a thing or two that make me want to hop on their site/go to their store. I tend to like walmarts bluray/dvd selections. Old Navy's clothes. Best Buy for the electronics, etc.

2) I haven't really avoided the shops the last couple of years. I definitely spread my visits out over the month. Especially in 2020 when things were hot and heavy with the COVID. But I will absolutely be in stores this year. (Supplemented by online stuff too!)

3) The thing where black friday has lost its way is the singular nature of that day being the only one. Now that its starting in the middle of October, and lasts up to the week before christmas, it's watered down and feels much less like it did.

Thanks for the chance to blather on! :)

-Mike

Already have won a Hoodie, thanks!

Menards and Walmart

Will be shopping in store this year

I miss the free give aways.  Enjoyed reading the ads to see who was giving something away free to the first 100 or so shoppers.  Sno-globes from JCPenneys, Gift cards from Sears, Gift bags from Target.  Those were the days!

1. Amazon - once they see everyones prices, they will match them

2. I usually only go to Kohls - the mall is to crazy here as we are tax free and everyone from PA, NJ & MD come here

3. I miss getting together with family on Thanksgiving and going thru the ads to see what we want and then heading out early Friday morning to shop. With sale prices starting spread out thru November, there is no time to plan. Glad though, a lot of stores are closed on Thanksgiving again.

Ooh these are fun!!

1. I’m gonna go with Kohl’s. I think they have the best smaller items (like not big ticket things), plus the best rewards program.

2. Planning on it! We’ll see how I actually feel, though…I am sure I’ll be super tired after traveling 3 hours away for the holiday…with a toddler…

1. Walmart

2. Online shopping mostly. There are some items that are in-store only or not available online so will be shopping on Black Friday.

3. The traditional Black Friday.

Going through the ads making a list. Planning & mapping what stores to go to first. Freebies like the JCP snow globe & other giveaways. Getting up early & dressing in Christmas gear. Taking coffee/hot cocoa & leftover Thanksgiving snacks. And then shop til you drop.

1. Walmart/Target/Best Buy

2. Online shopping mostly. There are some items that are in-store only or not available online so shopping on Black Friday.

3. The traditional Black Friday.

Going through the ads making a list. Planning & mapping what stores to go to first. Freebies like the JCP snow globe & other giveaways. Getting up early & dressing in Christmas gear. Taking coffee/hot cocoa & leftover Thanksgiving snacks. And then shop til you drop.

1. I think walmart might have the best deals.

2. Mostly online might pop into a store or 2.

3. I miss looking at ads on Thanksgiving day with my family. Making a plan of how we divide and conquer the stores, getting our snacks together. I miss the rush of it all.... yep good times.

1. Kohl's usually gets the most shopping from me, between the sales and extra Kohl's cash.

2. I've done the majority of my shopping online for at least 5 years now. I would go to kohls with my mom and sister, but wouldn't get anything because it would already be bought and most of the time received. So much easier.

I've stopped going most places in general, even before the pandemic, because I just get so anxious around people. :(

Last year the only place I went was home depot for batteries and poinsettias. That will probably be the case this year too.

3. What do I want brought back? I dunno. I think I've adapted okay.

I agree with those that say the sales spread out are hard to keep up with. But on the other hand, it is nice being able to spread things out over multiple paychecks.

Home Depot or Amazon

Probably only online this year because of time constraints. 

Black Friday actually being held on Black Friday.