Answer 3 Questions & Win GottaDEAL Hoodies [Winners Posted]

Brad

Time for another contest!

To enter, just reply to this thread with your answers to these 3 questions. Simple as that.

Here are the questions:

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?
2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.
3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?

The contest will run until Wednesday at 11L59pm ET. We'll choose 7 members at random from those who reply and you'll each win a GottaDEAL hoodie

Limit of one hoodie prize per member but you can always enter for fun if you've already won!

For more info on this year's new hoodies and to order them, see this thread. Ordering period is ending soon!

Good luck to everyone!
2022hoodie.png

1. For my budget and giftees, Walmart.

2. I anticipate not buying anything this year, so am not planning on hitting the brick and mortar stores at all on Black Friday. If anything should jump out at me while I'm online, I may check it out. But, I'm currently not even planning on looking at ads.

3. I've never participated, but I loved reading about the several day camp out line ups at Best Buy. I would love for the in-store sales to justify that happening again and reading about the experience of those who do so.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? This is kind of subjective and really depends on what you're after. BB might have a great deal on an 80" TV, but an 80" TV won't fit in my house so it's not a good deal for me :).  For me, I'd have to say Walmart or Target will get the most of my money this year.

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. Yep. Although, honestly I will have most of my own shopping already done online. But it's tradition and it's fun and darn it they can't take it away from us! LOL

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? I wish they'd put it all back on Black Friday and start early in the morning.

• Like 1

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?  Probably better stores in different parts of the country but its usually Walmart for me.  
2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. Yes I love to shop in the physical store.  I will do most shopping online for ease but I just love actually being in the store on Black Friday.
3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?  Actually having the sales in stores at 3 am or 5 am.  I loved looking at the physical ads on Thanksgiving Day, planning attack and then being up super early to go stand in line and shop.  It was the thrill of it all. 

• Like 2

1. For me, I am expecting Target to have the best Black Friday ad.

2. No, with stores opting to remain closed on Thanksgiving and starting online sales earlier; there’s no need for me to physically go to the store.

3. Early AM openings. I miss going to sleep around 8-9 only to get up around 3 for the 4am /5am openings. I miss the camaraderie that came with standing in line together; helping each other get items and telling people about other deals at different stores.

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 3

1. Usually Walmart ends up having the best deals on things I want.

2. YES!  I feel like I miss out if I don't go to the actual store.  I don't go early anymore since most things are available online, but I do love the atmosphere of actually being in a store!

3. I miss the in person doorbusters and early morning stuff.  It's just not the same feeling with online shopping.  It was always a good time waiting in the long lines and chatting with other shoppers while you wait.

Edited by ISU ME

1. For what I need Walmart usually has the best sales.

2. We usually go to Walmart and Target on Black Friday but we don’t always go first thing anymore. Sometimes we also go to Old Navy too.

3. Starting sales around 5 am (in Massachusetts) and not having multiple weeks of sales.

• Like 1

Walmart followed by Best Buy

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.

I usually end up at Lowes or Home Depot to pickup Poinsettas. Otherwise, most of my shopping will be done before BF.

More stores closed on TG day.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? Walmart / Target

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.  Absolutely, it's tradition!

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? Early Morning opening times with door busters. Missing getting up early and heading out with our coffees and waiting in the lines. Also the free snow globes ... I miss those LOL

Edited by berry1014

1. Walmart (but don’t tell Target I said that [emoji23])

2. Yes, there are a few stores that I HAVE to go into every BF… just walking around the stores (some with holiday music playing) and the hustle and bustle of the shoppers gets me in the holiday shopping mode for the remainder of the season…

3. Hmmmm, I can honestly say as I’ve gotten older I don’t miss standing out in the cold for hours waiting for the store to open at 5/6 am… but I did like getting the majority of my shopping done in one day within a matter of hours… the anticipation and excitement of BF is not the same for me since many stores have changed up the game offering weeks of sales leading up to BF… there’s no more deciding which store to start at, go to next or end with…

1. I always love the JcPenney ad, they have the best deals for me.

2. I have to work on Black Friday so I will be online shopping. 

3. I have to say that I miss the stores being open on Thanksgiving Day. There were always some good deals that day and it was fun to head out after eating the big meal. The stores seemed to all have a different feeling of anticipation for the next day.

• Like 1

I think that really depends on what you need, but I am going to say for me, it will probably be Walmart.

Yes.  I will do some BF shopping online, especially for those I would have to stand in line for in-store.  But I love being in the store and shopping.

One aspect of past Black Fridays I wish they would bring back is that all sales would actually be on Black Friday (or at least the week of).  I hate having three different sales at Walmart.  And I hate all these pre-BF sales..

Edited by starbeck96
  • Like 1

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? JC Penney's followed by Walmart than Kohls, PetSmart was always good but has not been in the last few years 
2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. It's tradition even though all my kids are out of the house I will still go not the same alone but up side is I don't spend as much 
3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? The thrill of plotting my course, using my book of ads, standing in line the wee hours of the morning and just hoping you got what you wanted 

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? - Walmart 

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. - Yes, It is a tradition even if I don't have a must get item I will be in the stores. I love the thrill and the find of stuff. My shopping list has changed since the DD have gotten older and thus not much I have to fight for at the moment. 

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? Early Friday morning openings. Not a slow roll out but just 4am opening free for all. I hated sitting outside in the cold but boy do I miss it and the friends I would make every year. 

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? Walmart

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. I anticipate going to Home Depot for Poinsettias and hunting for a live Christmas tree. Then I usually check out Walmart after the rush has died down. If JC Penny has their coupon giveaways I'll go there too. I don't have as much to hunt for now hat the kids are grown and I have to send stuff to out of state relatives and it's usually cheaper just order online and  have the store deliver it there.

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? The atmosphere of Black Friday shopping excitement. I don't miss the cold or early hours or disappointment when the store has 5 of the doorbuster item you want and you're 6th in line...but it was fun.

1. Walmart will probably have the best sales this year. Their purchasing power usually gives them the edge and they have promised a good sale.

2. I will probably do most of my shopping online. With the sales so spread out it is just easier to get what you want online. We usually still go to maybe 1 or 2 stores in person if we find something good on sale.

3. I wish the actual sales on black friday would come back. Getting up early, going to breakfast, then waiting in line for the store to open. Those were the good old days!

1-Menards hasn't disappointed with their Black Friday sales or shopping experience.... followed by Walmart for socks

2- With 8 grown children-25 grandchildren-4great granddaughters I shop online all year ( shout out to magickalight and gottadeal for daily Amazon and all the deals ).I will be in line for Menards.

3-I miss the excitement of strategies.... sitting around after Thanksgiving dinner with my sister's ( they guide me from above now) and discussing our divide and conquer plans for each store.

1. I think it will be Walmart

2. We will go out (tradition) don’t really seeing us buying much since we are going to be out of town and are flying.

3. I miss it actually being on Friday. Not 4 weeks of sales leading up to a ho-hum BF sale because everything else has already been on sale.

• Like 1

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year? WALMART

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not. IN STORE....BECAUSE I STILL LIKE GOING TO ACTUAL STORES

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back? OPENING EARLY ON FRIDAY ..CLOSED ON THURSDAY. I MISS STANDING IN LINE ON THURSDAY NIGHT/FRIDAY MORNING.

• Like 1

Walmart...they always have everything

yes, i love the rush of getting the good deals in person. talking to people in line. its just tradition

the free giveaways. mom always loved them. 

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?  Wal-Mart or Target 
2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year?  Not this year....this will be my first year to miss it.
3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?  Having more stores closed on Thanksgiving

Edited by gdulaney

1. Walmart, they always have something I can't live without, altho saleswise I've found better throughout the year on most items...

2. Yes, the thrill of seeing people shopping, what they are buying, what they can't find, helping others out, and just being there in the moment, it's all fun.

3.the giveaways and free stuff....back in the day whatever store was giving out the best item was the store we went to first haha didn't matter what sales they were having

1. I think Walmart will probably have the best deal on sheets and towels (something I need)

2. I will likely be traveling for sports for my kids on Friday, so whatever shopping I do will be online. 

3. I know I'm in the minority, but I miss the Thanksgiving in-store deals.  My Mom and I would take off after we cleaned up the dinner mess and make a whole night of it before I'd come home and take off for a hockey tournament somewhere.  Some precious memories there. I am not a fan at all of this "whole month of BF deals".  I honestly don't have the attention span for it.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?  Probably Walmart or Target, but depends on what you are looking for.

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.  No, most stuff I will get during the weeks before actual Black Friday.  Last year there was not enough in store sales with great prices for me to worry about going to the stores.

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?  I would love to see an actual Black Friday, not Thanksgiving night or day, or weeks before.  I would love to see Walmart opening at 4am and everything goes on sale then.  You know, the good ole days!!

Edited by kellis4321

Target , best buy, and walmart, also menards

I will shop in store , only if it is not online

I liked the very early store openings on black friday

Target , best buy, and walmart, also menards

I will shop in store , only if it is not online

I liked the very early store openings on black friday

For my purposes it is probably Walmart, as I buy Pyrex ,jammies and underthings for grands.

I will go out to stores but anticipate most of my shopping will be online .  I really enjoy the environment of BF shopping on Friday in the stores.

The very early starts that had us lining up at 3-4 am with hot coco, chairs and blankets outside. We ended up talking to everyone and comparing plans and old stories. This I really  miss.

1. Which store do you think will have the best Black Friday sale(s) this year?  Walmart and Target for the basics.

2. Do you anticipate shopping in stores on Black Friday this year? Feel free to explain why or why not.  Yes, that is part of the fun of shopping actually going into the stores.  I also will have bought most of the big stuff from online, but finding those last minute, extra's and stocking stuffers.

3. What one aspect of past Black Fridays would you like to see brought back?  I think that it is happening more this year, with the stores staying closed on Thanksgiving and opening early Friday morning.  I have not been a fan of the stores being open on Thanksgiving since it started, it seemed to take away from the joy of plotting and planning of where to go first.  My family always sat down Thanksgiving evening and checked the ads and made our lists while having Thanksgiving desserts, and that will actually happen again this year.