GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Surgical team just came in to do an assessment. All is looking good, and I should be able to start clear fluids this morning. If that goes well, I'll be helped in to a chair, with the plan of eating food for dinner tonight.

Another night stay in ICU, and then hopefully moved to a normal room tomorrow, to begin moving around and true recovery.

• Like 9

Surgical team just came in to do an assessment. All is looking good, and I should be able to start clear fluids this morning. If that goes well, I'll be helped in to a chair, with the plan of eating food for dinner tonight.

Another night stay in ICU, and then hopefully moved to a normal room tomorrow, to begin moving around and true recovery.

Best wishes Gator Pam. You got this!

Am being moved out of ICU. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a full night's sleep without being woken every hour.

OKAAY!!!

Now if you believe you  are going to be allowed to sleep in a hospital I want to be perscribed the drugs they are giving YOU...LOL

(nurses have no choice but to wake you up...docs orders)

So glad recuperation is moving along...good thoughts still coming your way

Snow is coming down really pretty here in NW Ohio right now. My area could see up to 2" tonight, clear tomorrow, then (the last amount I heard) 4-8" coming in for Saturday with wind coming on Sunday along with colder temps. We already have Monday off school for MLK Jr. day, but I wouldn't mind having at least another day or 2 off as well! :) I don't like the snow and cold weather, but if we have to have it, it might as well give us a good couple days off school (where I work)!

• Like 1

Thirty years of putting up with murmurs, rumors, and failed ideas about a direct sequel to the original "Ghostbusters" and "Ghostbusters II" (not the 2016 reboot). Suddenly, Director Jason Reitman lets us in on a secret project he's been working on. I'll just leave this here...

• Like 2

Thirty years of putting up with murmurs, rumors, and failed ideas about a direct sequel to the original "Ghostbusters" and "Ghostbusters II" (not the 2016 reboot). Suddenly, Director Jason Reitman lets us in on a secret project he's been working on. I'll just leave this here...

Man I hope they work the originals in for small parts and that they pick some funny people for the new cast. Can't wait to see how this comes along. :)

• Like 1

YES!!!!! Please ,, oh Please let it be worthy of a sequel. It is so heart breaking when they come out and it is nowhere close to what it should be. 

• Like 1

Discharge orders have been received! I'll be highly dependent on my caregivers for the next four weeks, at least, unless I do some rapid healing. But, I get to have uninterrupted sleep in my own bed.

Reconstructive surgeon stopped by. Follow up surgery to repair issues not addressed this time will most likely be three months out. But, she says that's same day procedure and not nearly as an intense recuperation.

• Like 8

Discharge orders have been received! I'll be highly dependent on my caregivers for the next four weeks, at least, unless I do some rapid healing. But, I get to have uninterrupted sleep in my own bed.

Reconstructive surgeon stopped by. Follow up surgery to repair issues not addressed this time will most likely be three months out. But, she says that's same day procedure and not nearly as an intense recuperation.

Wishing you the best through your recovery. Now get some sleep!

Glad to hear..now get home and count some sheep,or better yet GD bargains... best wishes and good thoughts coming at you!

Looks like a quiet day of further recuperation for my birthday. Hopefully I'll be up to celebrating joyously next year for my 60th. But, 59 will go down as a quiet day.

George and I had picked out a keto red velvet cake recipe to try for my birthday cake tonight. I had hoped to be up to at least supervising the making of it, but I'm going to trust he'll come to me with any questions instead. I haven't been really eating since I've been home; my tummy has been continuously gassy, and I had a bout of vomiting last night. But I woke up feeling much better this morning, so here's hoping I'll be able to appreciate George's efforts tonight.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 4

Looks like a quiet day of further recuperation for my birthday. Hopefully I'll be up to celebrating joyously next year for my 60th. But, 59 will go down as a quiet day.

George and I had picked out a keto red velvet cake recipe to try for my birthday cake tonight. I had hoped to be up to at least supervising the making of it, but I'm going to trust he'll come to me with any questions instead. I haven't been really eating since I've been home; my tummy has been continuously gassy, and I had a bout of vomiting last night. But I woke up feeling much better this morning, so here's hoping I'll be able to appreciate George's efforts tonight.

20190121114430x250x138.jpg

BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! Take it easy, the cake isnt going anywhere  :bday3:

BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Pam - Hi! Sorry, I was a little behind in your updates.  I am so glad you are home, I pray you are feeling better and recover quickly.  Rely on those helping you so you don't over do it.

Happy Birthday (sorry I'm a day late) 

I’ve been using my time stuck indoors to work on doing some purging/decluttering and organizing. I’m trying to get rid of 2 items for every 1 thing that came into my home from BF shopping or received as Christmas gifts. Once the weather gets nicer I like to spend my time outdoors so I do most of my spring cleaning in the dead of winter. I have a lot of time on my hands now and I miss having BF to plan for.
  • Like 1

My phone battery is dying, but I'll post a quick update.

Yesterday I had my 10 day follow up with the reconstructive surgeon. Things had not been going too well at home, i.e., nauseau, weakness, lack of appetite, etc. By the time I finished showering before my visit, I was wiped out.

We drove in for my 1:40 appointment, and I managed to walk from car to patient room, but the medical assistant was worried about how pale I was, and my first blood pressure, taken with an oversize cuff, which is what I always use, was 87/58.

My surgeon was happy with my healing from surgery, but sent for a wheelchair to take me to emergency. I could barely sit in it; I just wanted to lie down.

Long story short, they think I have an upper GI ulcer from one of the medications they prescribed. I was given a blood tranfusion, and brought up to the leukemia ward from emergency at 2:00 am. I'll have an upper GI scope at noon, and hopefully the bleed will be found. Another blood tranfusion is expected, based on current blood draws.

Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.

• Like 1

Back and alert from the EGD scope. They did find a slightly bleeding ulcer in the duodenal loop below the stomach, as well as nonbleeding gastric ulcers in the stomach. It is believed the bleeding ulcer is healing on its own, with the stoppage of the naproxen yesterday.

I am going to have more blood draws overnight, and see if my blood counts stabilize. Another blood tranfusion may be needed today, but it is hoped after that I will stabilize and be able to go home tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1